HMFC Kickback end of season awards

Phil Dunphy

Phil Dunphy

I'm interested to see peoples opinions on how they saw the season just gone. We all know POTY and moment of the season but let's go a little deeper.

1.Player of The Season: Jamie Walker
2.Most Improved: I'd say Jamie again, he was decent last season but he really kicked on this year.

3.Best player promoted from U20's: Sean McKirdy looked good against Rangers.
4.Best Transfer: Alim Ozturk
5.Best Team Performance of the Season: 10-0
6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Adam Eckersley being as good as he was.
7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Ozturk ramming home his screamer against Raith to stick it up Stubbsy.
8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Losing at home to Falkirk.
9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): I don't really want to see anyone leave.
10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Hibs away.
11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Greg Tansey or Aaron Dorran.
12.One To Watch Next Season: Osman Sow, be good to see how he steps up.

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Handing Hearts the title in true Hibs fashion; Getting beat.

And he's not praying

1.Player of The Season: Jamie Walker
2.Most Improved: Jamie Walker

3.Best player promoted from U20's: N/A
4.Best Transfer: Osman Sow
5.Best Team Performance of the Season: Raith 0 Hearts 4
6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Morgaro Gomis scoring a goal.
7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Sow, Ibrox, last minute.
8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Losing to Hibs.
9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): N/A
10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Rangers away/Hibs away after league was won. Can't split them.
11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Scott Allan purely for the seethe amongst them.
12.One To Watch Next Season: Billy King.

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Stubbs claim of a 'one in a million strike' being repeated within 6 days.

augusthearts

2.Most Improved: Jamie Walker

3.Best player promoted from U20's: N/A

4.Best Transfer: Osman Sow

5.Best Team Performance of the Season: Raith 0 Hearts 4

6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Morgaro Gomis scoring a goal.

7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Sow, Ibrox, last minute.

8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Losing to Hibs.

9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): N/A

10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Rangers away/Hibs away after league was won. Can't split them.

11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Scott Allan purely for the seethe amongst them.

12.One To Watch Next Season: Billy King.

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Stubbs claim of a 'one in a million strike' being repeated within 6 days.

Particularly good choice for 13

Clerry Jambo

2.Most Improved: I'd say Jamie again, he was decent last season but he really kicked on this year.

3.Best player promoted from U20's: not seen the 20's
4.Best Transfer: Sow
5.Best Team Performance of the Season: 4-1 home game v Falkirk, should have been 10
6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Consistency
7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Ibrox on ice
8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Derby performances
9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): I don't really want to see anyone leave.
10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Hibs away.
11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Not a dream but mibbe pinch Erwin from Motherwell
12.One To Watch Next Season: Osman Sow, be good to see how he steps up.

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Ozturk ramming home his screamer against the losers

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Tomorrow afternoon

amsterjambo

1.Player of The Season: Jamie Walker (also, Neil Alexander)
2.Most Improved: Jamie Walker can go on to be great footballer on any(?) stage

3.Best player promoted from U20's: not seen the 20's (me neither, dunno)
4.Best Transfer: Ozt?rk, solid. Excellent few goals.
5.Best Team Performance of the Season: 10 goals? 
6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): the consistency was indeed excellent to see
7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): still Hibs
8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): El-Hass, expected more, still not terrible though.
9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): some might move on, that's ok, but I dunno.
10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Hibs away. probably.
11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): another midfielder who makes things happen. Maybe another one from NL.
12.One To Watch Next Season: Jamie, Alim, Osman, 

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Ozturk ramming home his screamer against the losers (that)

Best Fan Moments - Mind the Gap and other train station songs

Notable Team Achievement - 26 wins in 28 games versus the bottom seven teams

Quality Award - for the goals we scored many individual but also great team goals, must be one of the top campaigns for quality of goals by any team

Performance of Season - Dumbarton 1 Hearts 5 - it should have been 12, a game the home team tried to get postponed during the game due to the wind though 10-0 v Cowdenbeath gets a special mention

Scottish Football Award - for being the coldest I've ever been in my life at Alloa 1-4 game

The Robbie Neilson Award - many great moments but Robbie handing the championship trophy to fans in the stand while having the biggest smile on his face

Overall Contribution - Ann Budge - the enthusiasm, passion and good judgement; that's proper fan ownership

Hope for the Future Award - the way the fans are supporting the club, quietly building something great

1.Player of The Season: ........Jamie Walker

2.Most Improved: .......Jamie Walker

3.Best player promoted from under 20s: not sure

4.Best Transfer: Morgaro Gomis

5.Best Team Performance of the Season: Rangers, first game of season.

6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Winning the league at a canter.

7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Snowbound Ibrox fiasco.

8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Away derbies.

9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): No one.

10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Hibs away recently.

11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Zeefuik.

12.One To Watch Next Season: Billy King.

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Alim's wonder strike.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

1.Player of The Season: Morgaro Gomis
2.Most Improved: Billy King

3.Best player promoted from U20's: Didn't watch enough of the U20s to give an answer.
4.Best Transfer: Miguel Pallardo
5.Best Team Performance of the Season: 4-1 v Falkirk.  That first half was the best we've played for years.
6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Going unbeaten until the end of January.  In terms of pre-season expectations, this was arguably the biggest surprise of the lot.
7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Ozturk's goal against Raith is a good shout for this.
8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Would agree with losing at home to Falkirk.  Think folk believed at that stage we could go all season unbeaten.
9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): Absolutely nobody.
10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Agree with Hibs away also.
11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Dream is a bit strong, but I'm a big fan of Liam Fontaine.  Would take him as a replacement for Wilson.
12.One To Watch Next Season: Soufian El Hassnaoui.  Interested to see how he does with a full pre season under his belt.

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: The semi final.

jamboinglasgow

1.Player of The Season: Jamie Walker 
2.Most Improved: Must agree with others, Jamie Walker, shown this season he could be a special player again.

3.Best player promoted from U20's: Think this is a tough one, considering there not really been one promoted during the season as the most ready ones were playing last season or away on loan, so Gary Oliver.
4.Best Transfer: Gomis, has been the anchor in the middle, consistent through out the season and important for the team.
5.Best Team Performance of the Season: Hearts 4, Falkirk 1. Felt everything looked a higher level than we have played in years. If we can click like that next season it should be incredible. 
6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc) Tie between how consistent we have been, and how we have had not one bad signing, an unbelievable rate of success.
7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Looking back, the predictions that Boyd and Miller would score 40+ goals between them.
8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Derbies, apart from the first one we have looked second best each time.
9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): Cant think of any I would want rid of.
10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Second away derby. Hopefully we never play that badly ever again.
11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Dylan McGeough, think he would make a big creative impact on the team.
12.One To Watch Next Season: Sam Nicholson, think he will really kick on next season.  

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Anytime Stubbs opens his mouth to claim that his team were actually the best team in the league.

2.Most Improved: King

3.Best player promoted from U20's: ?

4.Best Transfer: Pallardo

6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Walker. Didn't expect him to be so good.

7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Calum paterson being calum paterson

8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Most of out performances vs Hibs

9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): Thankfully Danny Wilson

10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Rangers at last game at ibrox.

11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Scott Allan

12.One To Watch Next Season: Carrick

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Dunno, being hibs.

rudi must stay

Player of The Season: Jamie Walker

Most Improved : Danny Wilson

Best player promoted from U20's: McKirdy stood Out

4.Best Transfer: Alim Ozturk

6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Rangers being as poor as they were

7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): Sow's winner at Ibrox and the commentators reactions. Walter Smith's grieving after the match was pretty good too

8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Our performances vs Hibs, the team seemed good enough to hammer them

9.The Get the feck outta here Award : no one this season

10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Falkirk at home

11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): David Goodwillie

12.One To Watch Next Season: Keatings. A better player than some on here would have you believe

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Them losing to Falkirk

1.Player of The Season: Morgaro Gomis
2.Most Improved: Jamie Walker

3.Best player promoted from U20's: I'm going to say Billy King, as he only just turned 21 I think, and if that's not allowed then I'll say Jack Hamilton or Mckirdy

4.Best Transfer: Alim Ozturk
5.Best Team Performance of the Season: 10-0 v Cowdenbeath
6.Biggest Surprise of The Season (Player, performance, a moment etc): Losing to Falkirk, honestly thought we would go unbeaten
7.Funniest Moment of the Season (non-Hibs): The Milkman of Palmerston
8.Biggest Disappointment (Player, Performance, Moment etc): Losing at Ibrox and then ER within a week.
9.The Get the feck outta here Award (Player we must sell this summer): None.
10.Worst Team Performance of the Season: Hibs the second time.
11.Your Dream Summer Signing (Try keep it realistic): Somebody I've never heard of who scores 15 a season from midfield
12.One To Watch Next Season: El Hass if he can stay injury free. Or Keatings.

13. Funniest Hibs moment of the season: Stubbs saying Ozturks strike was one in a 1000, only for him to do it 3 more times :rofl:

14. Best Away Day: Queens in October

I Love our club.  :kisskiss: 

Scottish Football Award - for being the coldest I've ever been in my life at Alloa 1-4 game

This game and Cowdenbeath at Christmas. Wore 4 pairs of socks and still couldn't feel my feet. 

Archived