davieholt

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs are training over there... Just saying! :P

Just saying what. I dont get it

Spellczech

Just saying what. I dont get it

he s clearly swooping for Allan and Stevenson in an OF Stylee "weaken the opposition because we cannot scout" type of deal...

he s clearly swooping for Allan and Stevenson in an OF Stylee "weaken the opposition because we cannot scout" type of deal...

Stevenson :cornette:

We don't need to weaken a team in a different league to ours.

:verysmug:

Unknown user

I feel like I've wakened up in an alternative universe where Lewis Stevenson is suddenly a footballer

"Midfield not a priority" suggests there may be something already sorted out in that area. Hopefully Pallardo. Or that guy from the Hobos maybe...

Rudi's Left Peg

I hope its not Fran Sandaza, he's playing 2nd tier over there and has links to CL

Tasavallan

We need a LB with SPL experience seeing as Eckersley was clearly not good enough.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I hope its not Fran Sandaza, he's playing 2nd tier over there and has links to CL

Same agent as Pallardo.

Rudi's Left Peg

Same agent as Pallardo.

Would be a major step back IMO

Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting us to sign Michu but there are better strikers than Sandaza surely available. He's a mercenary anyway.

oh ah grantona

Why would Robbie going for summer signing talks?  The club has clearly stated that Levien does all this with Robbie just learning and only slowly getting involved. Now we are sending him to Spain on his own.

No doubting he can do all this but why is it not Neilson and Levein jet out.

babertonjambo

Why would Robbie going for summer signing talks? The club has clearly stated that Levien does all this with Robbie just learning and only slowly getting involved. Now we are sending him to Spain on his own.

No doubting he can do all this but why is it not Neilson and Levein jet out.

Because Robbie is the Head Coach and will be working with the player day in day out. It will be up to Robbie to judge whether he has the right character to fit into the group and if he is willing to buy into the triple training sessions.

"Midfield not a priority" suggests there may be something already sorted out in that area. Hopefully Pallardo. Or that guy from the Hobos maybe...

We need both types. Someone who can sit and break up play and play simple balls, and someone who likes to go forward and create things. Gomis, Pallardo and Buaben will do a job, but if we want to finish anywhere near top 4 we'll need a midfield upgrade.

Stronger defences next season will mean we won't get as many easy goals so any player who can unlock a defence will be extremely valuable.

While I like Allan I think we could find a similar type player abroad.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Robbie plays a part in signings. He is shown players identified by Levein and Murray's contacts, then he adds his input, then if deals can be done he sits in on the signing talks, learning his trade from the more experienced snr guys. All part of his learning process.

Jambof3tornado

Maybe its easier to cover the ground if they split up.

No panic in Robbie holding talks knowing what he can or cannot offer terms wise.

Oh plus theres a thing called a mobile to discuss directly with Mr Levein should he need to.

Diadora Van Basten

Hopefully the first we will here about Hearts signings is either when they sign or trial.

I would imagine a few clubs will have noticed we can spot a bargain and will be looking to gazump U.S.

We need both types. Someone who can sit and break up play and play simple balls, and someone who likes to go forward and create things. Gomis, Pallardo and Buaben will do a job, but if we want to finish anywhere near top 4 we'll need a midfield upgrade.

Stronger defences next season will mean we won't get as many easy goals so any player who can unlock a defence will be extremely valuable.

While I like Allan I think we could find a similar type player abroad.

We definitely need a dynamic type of midfielder who wants to go forward. Pallardo and Gomis are both great players in their own right but not so great going forward.

Too many sideways passes and slow build up which is great sometimes but against some teams when we need to up the tempo a bit we have not been able to do that.

I am sure Robbie knows that as will CL, Bauben can play a bit further forward than those two but we could still do with another option and I don't think Anderson is the right man.

Levante are apparently wanting to sign this guy. Not sure he fits the criteria for us, he is 28 not an ideal age for sell on possibilities etc.

a signing doesn't always have to come with selling on potential. We need to get that out our heads.

I don't want to see a team full of laddies( which we don't see anyway).

Balance is what it's all about.

Hopefully the first we will here about Hearts signings is either when they sign or trial.

I would imagine a few clubs will have noticed we can spot a bargain and will be looking to gazump U.S.

Hence the reason signing discussions should remain private till the player has signed on the dotted line.

Levante are apparently wanting to sign this guy. Not sure he fits the criteria for us, he is 28 not an ideal age for sell on possibilities etc.

:facepalm:

I've heard this ***** spouted so many times on here. Eckersley, Gomis, Buaben, Alexander are examples of us being prepared to sign anyone if they are right for the team. None of them were likely to have so much as a penny of sell on value.

rudi must stay

Urko's agent is Scottish. Just putting two and two together.

I doubt Urko will sign because from the clip he looks rubbush

alicante jambo

If Robbies needing digs and close to alicante tell him to drop me a pm.Apartment waiting for him

Colin Cameron was 29/30 when we sold him for close on 2 million.

EDIT: Just checked, he was 2 months shy of his 29th birthday.

Colin Cameron was 29/30 when we sold him for close on 2 million.

EDIT: Just checked, he was 2 months shy of his 29th birthday.

its not so much the argument of sell on ability, what gets on my nipples is Hearts fans being conditioned to think we are the horrible termed "selling club".

Of course we'll be subject to bids of any players who flourish but we don't have to sell if we don't need to, especially if the price isn't right and we don't need the money.

I know the reality is there are better teams paying bigger money but we aren't building a team to sell it. I'm not interested in building a early 20 something team just to make money, I want us to build a team for us and what happens after that does so.

Seriously, should Robbie and the coaching staff not be having a holiday?

Burn-out?

And he's not praying

Suso?

:behead:

Tell you what. A much maligned player at times but gave his absolute all and played a huge part on the 19th May 2012.

If we can find a few of similar ability and heart this Summer, I'll be delighted.

I've nothing but fond memories of Suso Santana. 

alicante jambo

Suso might've not been the best player we've had at tynie but his attitude when playing for hearts was incredible.Heart of a lion the wee man and his piss take for the penalty on that great day in May

mainstandjambo

Seriously, should Robbie and the coaching staff not be having a holiday?

Burn-out?

According to EEN  Robbie is taking time off from a family holiday to fly to Spain

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Currently one each Mirandes Barcelona B. Duckworth didn't score and Juanjo is on the bench, namesake surely

jamboinglasgow

It will be interesting to see what comes about from this.

This is always the worst bit of post season where you just want to hear news but know deals would take a while to sort out. And the way the club is acting now, they keep names close to their chest until its announced. Then again Sunday papers always have a name or two linked.

The White Cockade

don't shoot the messenger but i've heard Robbie is the one signing

he's taking over at Barcelona from Enrique

:illogical:  :gok:  :ears:

Jambof3tornado

I thought Levein was in charge of transfer negotiations?

Yup and maybe he has delegated initial talks to Robbie.

It really isnt a big deal. Its not like Robbie has left with 500k in used bank notes and will bring back some magic beans! !

I would think players from abroad would be quite impressed if a manager from abroad came over to watch and /or meet them in person.

As mentioned there are 2 /3 on the radar and if meet and greets can swing the deal or deals then all the better.........and of course there is the contact with agents in diff parts of the world as well and all contacts wil be useful either now or in the future.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It will be interesting to see what comes about from this.

This is always the worst bit of post season where you just want to hear news but know deals would take a while to sort out. And the way the club is acting now, they keep names close to their chest until its announced. Then again Sunday papers always have a name or two linked.

Love this time of year. It feels so good to be making signings again. I am very confident of some quality players coming in this summer. Good times man, savour every klaxon. :thumbsup:

Archived