Play-offs - would you go? (to see the carnage)

songster

Since Hibs will probably host the play-off semi final second leg at Easter Rd, would you go if it was between them and Rangers? I wouldn't but since we've had people on here go in the Hibs end to get a derby ticket (and hence have to stay quiet), is there anyone thinking that sitting in either end as being worth the prospect of witnessing (first hand) the hurt of either set of fans?

I understand that some people will see this as a step (or quite a few steps) too far, but I'm sure some will relish the prospect. It's a kind of relegation party that you can't mess up like Hibs did (although staying down isn't relegation). There's the added benefit of getting to take numerous pictures that could end up as smilies on kickback!

Would you consider going?

Since Hibs will probably host the play-off semi final second leg at Easter Rd, would you go if it was between them and Rangers? I wouldn't but since we've had people on here go in the Hibs end to get a derby ticket (and hence have to stay quiet), is there anyone thinking that sitting in either end as being worth the prospect of witnessing (first hand) the hurt of either set of fans?

I understand that some people will see this as a step (or quite a few steps) too far, but I'm sure some will relish the prospect. It's a kind of relegation party that you can't mess up like Hibs did (although staying down isn't relegation). There's the added benefit of getting to take numerous pictures that could end up as smilies on kickback!

Don't worry there would be a good few sympathisers on here that would love to go and support them, but might get 'outed' in person if they did.

You would only get tickets for the home end

Rangers would sell their allocation if they played hibs

MacDonald Jardine

Don't worry there would be a good few sympathisers on here that would love to go and support them, but might get 'outed' in person if they did.

You're right. I can see quite a few going to cheer on the Hibs.

Bowmans_Boot

Wouldnt most on here be in the hibs end?  

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The football equivalent of rubber-necking, or watching gladiators knock shit out of each other... So, aye, probably would. :D

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Wouldnt most on here be in the hibs end?

Still raging that folk don't have a soft spot for Rangers. :rofl:

I for one wouldn't give Hibs the steam off ma sh1t let alone ma hard earned dosh.

I've been in the home end at both Easter Road and Ibrox, both thoroughly unpleasant experiences, sitting back with a hot chocolate in the comfort of my own home will do me nicely.

Bowmans_Boot

Still raging that folk don't have a soft spot for Rangers. :rofl:

Not at all Charles, not at all.  I just find it incredible that wanting Rangers to go up ahead of hibs makes you a closet Rangers fan, whereas wishing hibs to go up is just accepted as a reasonable viewpoint.  

Gigolo-Aunt

Will watch it on the box but cant for the life of me understand why you would want to go and watch a game like that if you don't support any of the teams.

Each to their own though.

3fingersreid

Not if it was rangers but if it was QOS and they were still in the tie , maybe ?

chester copperpot

If it was free I'd go as I would most places to watch the fitba but I'm ****ed if I'm geeing either of those streams of shite my dosh!

Not at all Charles, not at all.  I just find it incredible that wanting Rangers to go up ahead of hibs makes you a closet Rangers fan, whereas wishing hibs to go up is just accepted as a reasonable viewpoint.

Agree with you there.

Went to the hibs/Hamilton game as had a relative over from Canada who wanted to go to a football match and the season had ended - sat in the hibs end trying not to laugh too much - not something I would do again though

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not at all Charles, not at all. I just find it incredible that wanting Rangers to go up ahead of hibs makes you a closet Rangers fan, whereas wishing hibs to go up is just accepted as a reasonable viewpoint.

Meh, I'd happily see them both suffer. I don't know if this helps explain it from my own point of view, but I'd rather see Hibs suffer more just now, but I fly recognise if Rangers got promoted, there's every chance they could find the cash to limit our highest place finish to third next season, while Hibs doing that is laughable.

I'd rather both clubs hit the skids though.

Marooned In Oz

Will watch it on the box but cant for the life of me understand why you would want to go and watch a game like that if you don't support any of the teams.

Each to their own though.

You've never gone to a football match as a neutral?

MacDonald Jardine

You've never gone to a football match as a neutral?

Yes but not two of our main rivals.

Luscious Laryea

Nae danger, refuse to give either of these cretins a dime unless we're playing.  Would happily see them both rot for another year, they deserve it.  I'll be rooting for QoS.

August Landmesser

I don't think folk are wishing Hibs to go up, but lots would prefer them rather than Sevco. If that was the only choice. However, I reckon 99.99999999% of people on here would wish QoS to go up.

Hibs going up rather than Rangers is better for us because Hibs are, more often than not, utter pish and we'd get a good 8-10 points off them. If Rangers went up, they'd get back in some sort of order, spend a load of money, and be real competition for us. Also, it would give their cousins in Parkhead a boost as well, and that would not do at all.

August Landmesser

Meh, I'd happily see them both suffer. I don't know if this helps explain it from my own point of view, but I'd rather see Hibs suffer more just now, but I fly recognise if Rangers got promoted, there's every chance they could find the cash to limit our highest place finish to third next season, while Hibs doing that is laughable.

I'd rather both clubs hit the skids though.

I should have read this before posting, but basically this.

The football equivalent of rubber-necking, or watching gladiators knock shit out of each other... So, aye, probably would. :D

This explains perfectly why you would go. Not giving rivals money, and sitting in comfort with a beer in hand explains why not.

Bowmans_Boot

I don't think folk are wishing Hibs to go up, but lots would prefer them rather than Sevco. If that was the only choice. However, I reckon 99.99999999% of people on here would wish QoS to go up.

Hibs going up rather than Rangers is better for us because Hibs are, more often than not, utter pish and we'd get a good 8-10 points off them. If Rangers went up, they'd get back in some sort of order, spend a load of money, and be real competition for us. Also, it would give their cousins in Parkhead a boost as well, and that would not do at all.

You dont?  You havent read the, "I would miss the derbies too much", "they are no threat to us and we are guaranteed points", "I love laughing at them four times a season and that would be too much to lose" type comments?  

I think many people on here would love to see them back up with us.  

Getintaethem

Wouldn't put a penny in the coffers of Hibs or Rangers. Will watch in the pub hoping Queen of the South do well.

Angus Young

Wouldn't put a penny in the coffers of Hibs or Rangers. Will watch in the pub hoping Queen of the South do well.

Same x 50 but will watch the carnage as it unfolds on tv with pop corn and cigar.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A pretty good summary. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think many people on here would love to see them back up with us.

Churlish. One could as easily say that many people who take your stance don't mind losing to Rangers in a league competition as much because it keeps Celtic back.

My mate's a Motherwell ST holder. I'm already going to the Fir Park game. Won't that be the second leg btw, going by last season?

I really hope so.

I hate hibs but if you'd had the shit I had to put up with the other week, you'd want them to go up. Those rangers barstewards had me round the throat. They HATE us now. Grabbed round throat in my local by people I'd known for years!!!

MacDonald Jardine

Churlish. One could as easily say that many people who take your stance don't mind losing to Rangers in a league competition as much because it keeps Celtic back.

Could one really?

In case you hadn't noticed our record against Hibs isn't fantastic this season.

I don't want Hibs to come up but I'd much rather they come up than Rangers.  Not a chance I'd go to a Hibs v Rangers match.  

If it was Hibs v Queen of the South then I'd obviously want QoS to win but the idea going to a Hibs match and sitting in the away end when they aren't playing Hearts seem a bit pathetic. 

Up to about the early 1990s I would go to other teams games if Hearts were not playing.

Went to ER loads of times with mates some Jambos some Hibs used to quite enjoy watching as a neutral. Went to Meadowbank and Kirkcaldy as well.

Football is too expensive nowadays to fork out for games not involving Hearts.

I dont have a purchase history with Hibs so wouldn't get a ticket if they played The Rangers.

Might stretch a point and go and cheer QoS if they play Hibs.

MacDonald Jardine

Why would you want to sit in the Hibs end and celebrate a Hibs goal?

Because you want Hibs to win?

No smiley needed!!. Coz I'm getting done for assault now. I allegdely followed one out. And alledgedly rugby tackled him. And allegdely booted him lee mccolouch style. Repeatedly. ...

Up to about the early 1990s I would go to other teams games if Hearts were not playing.

Went to ER loads of times with mates some Jambos some Hibs used to quite enjoy watching as a neutral. Went to Meadowbank and Kirkcaldy as well.

Changed days - so did I.

Back then I had a few mates that were Hibbys and I even went once with them to Hampden to see them gettin stuffed by the 'tic. Hilarious - was difficult keeping a straight face on the way back. :smiley2: 

Mind you I had to stand and suffer beside the same guys at Tynie for the 0-7 match.(Was it just a bad dream?)

Wonder if the youngsters of today could have shown the same restraint?

Agree with you there.

My motivation for Hibs is we get 4 derbys, simple really. It is never the same without Hibs in our league.

As far as Der Hun go. The only "people" who care are the brain dead morons who infest stadia in ever decreasing numbers.

Do I want hibs to win and go up, and would I go if I could? Yes,yes and yes....

FarmerTweedy

I can't even begin to think of a reason why I would want to go to that.

It's not really that big a deal. Nothing to do with Hearts.

I just hope both end up still in the championship next season.

Changed days - so did I.

Back then I had a few mates that were Hibbys and I even went once with them to Hampden to see them gettin stuffed by the 'tic. Hilarious - was difficult keeping a straight face on the way back. :smiley2: 

Mind you I had to stand and suffer beside the same guys at Tynie for the 0-7 match.(Was it just a bad dream?)

Wonder if the youngsters of today could have shown the same restraint?

Dixie Deans final ?

Was there with my pal and his Dad both Hibbies. We genuinely thought Hibs were going to win that year they had a great side at the time.

I honestly didn't know whether to share their pain or laugh at Hibs.

Being the friend that i was i saved the laughter until I got home.

Had to drag my mate of a Celtic fan who was taking the piss . Didn't fancy getting lifted at a Hibs game.

In those days we shared a common bond friends as well as rivals.

My motivation for Hibs is we get 4 derbys, simple really. It is never the same without Hibs in our league.

As far as Der Hun go. The only "people" who care are the brain dead morons who infest stadia in ever decreasing numbers.

I just don't like the wee so n so's, don't like rangers either, best case scenario is they both stay down obviously, but in a choice between the two I'd choose Hibs to stay and rot in the championship, why would you want to go to a hibs game btw? haha.

Bowmans_Boot

Football is too expensive nowadays to fork out for games not involving Hearts.

I dont have a purchase history with Hibs so wouldn't get a ticket if they played The Rangers.

Might stretch a point and go and cheer QoS if they play Hibs.

I have sat in the away end at Easter Road when Hearts werent playing numerous times, to be honest.  I always quite enjoyed it, as they generally lost :)  

Bowmans_Boot

I have family from Glasgow who support Rangers.  They went to Uni, have good jobs and are certainly not "brain dead morons" - a bit of a crass comment to make, lets be honest.  

I have family from Glasgow who support Rangers.  They went to Uni, have good jobs and are certainly not "brain dead morons" - a bit of a crass comment to make, lets be honest.

I was trying to be kind, you can still be a highly functioning and change into a moron if you are a Hun. "No surrender" and their medieval approach is the badge of brain dead morons. Again I am being kind...

Archived