Doncaster

Toxteth O'Grady

Going by the media coverage it looks like Hayley is getting all the headlines here!

Angus Young

Is it not possible to get him by petition - Pretty sure most clubs fans don't want him there either!

This is a good idea is there not a Government based petition that if you get enough signed the matter gets raised in Parliament for debate ? anyone know how to start one of these Polls ? the man has to go he is a liability

Just watched Doncaster's interview with BBC yesterday, so playing catch up on this.  Ann's comments are spot on re not listening to the fans. Doncaster just doesn't give the fans a second thought and to go on TV and expose such ineptitude is incompetent in itself. The guy has to go.  

"judge me on results" Jeez does he think that the clean slate starts AFTER this latest debacle?
He must know a good make up artist to hide that much brass neck

Jeez, even the odious Charle Nicholas is bumping his gums in the Express about the fixture chaos caused by TV games and the fixtures being rearranged. Surprise, surprise though, he's only moaning about this on behalf of Celtic. He's an even bigger hypocrite than I previously thought given that the semi literate oaf works for SKY.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Is it not possible to get him by petition - Pretty sure most clubs fans don't want him there either!

Link on Pie and Bovril to a petition.  Not that it'll do any good.

The game needs to have a radical look at its organisation, why in land the size of do we need multiple organization's responsible for football, SFA, SPFL, etc.

Propose one body running the game from top to bottom. This would allow proper control and structure to be put in place and governance and accountability to be used.

No need for two overpaid under performing executives. No need to get any changes through multiple bodies and maybe a chance to get all clubs making decisions about the future of the game.

It will probably never happen though as there were too many people who have their snouts in the trough, too many who want the free trips to games etc. It does feel though that time is running out for the game in Scotland, and unless some new modern thinking is brought the table the game will slowly die. We dont need another ex politicians view we need a modern thinking business person who will propose the cutting out of deadwood, moving to modern business practice and who put real challenging objectives in place for those being paid to run the game.

Love how this rag takes this direclty from the hearts website .

If journalism these days is just copy and paste reckon i might give it a go

at least you spotted your mistake and edited it [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour M Hersh

Jeez, even the odious Charle Nicholas is bumping his gums in the Express about the fixture chaos caused by TV games and the fixtures being rearranged. Surprise, surprise though, he's only moaning about this on behalf of Celtic. He's an even bigger hypocrite than I previously thought given that the semi literate oaf works for SKY.

I think you are being overly generous there.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He's quite clearly incompetent. :lol:

You won't get rid of him until the clubs decide he is incompetent. He seems to be keeping the right people happy though, my guess would be Peter Lawell and whoever is currently steering the good ship Rangers.

Jambof3tornado

We're about to head into another season without a sponsor for the top flight.

I predict he'll hit the panic button now he's under pressure and find the lowest value sponsorship deal in history.

Surely it can't be hard to find a company given the fact games are on TV and football is the most popular sport in Scotland. I know if I'd had even half the time in the job he's had, I would have had a good sponsor in place.

I bet Ann Budge could have a sponsor fir the league by tea time if you asked her to.

doctor jambo

Its pretty much over for Doncaster now.

Only the patronage of Lawell will protect him, and its only for so long.

Hearts courting HIbs and Motherwell for back up.

He is now openly being called incompetent by the clubs

Very different to the fans doing it

If he rewards himself with a bonus at the end of the season then i think heads will roll.

Ann budge would hopefully get him told..and may encourage others to follow her lead

Its pretty much over for Doncaster now.

Only the patronage of Lawell will protect him, and its only for so long.

Hearts courting HIbs and Motherwell for back up.

He is now openly being called incompetent by the clubs

Very different to the fans doing it

This is exactly where the challenge needs to come from - the clubs - but as I said earlier for as long as Lawell is his puppet master he'll stay where he is. The fans can protest all they want its only the clubs who can get rid of him.

He hasn't just become woefully inept this week. He's been dreadfully sub standard for a long time.

This is exactly where the challenge needs to come from - the clubs - but as I said earlier for as long as Lawell is his puppet master he'll stay where he is. The fans can protest all they want its only the clubs who can get rid of him.

Surely in a democracy the clubs should listen to their fans a bit like MP's should listen to their constituents but then again that does'nt happen in the real world unless you are touting for votes.

Alan Johnson

It's a real failing of the current structure that the clubs don't have the ability to unanimously vote him out of a job.

It's a real failing of the current structure that the clubs don't have the ability to unanimously vote him out of a job.

Do they wtill have this stupid system where Rangers and Celtic have more votes than any other club?

Lawwell has no role or position within the SPFL. He was appointed by the SPFL board and is answerable to them

The current SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Ralph Topping (Chairman), Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Eric Drysdale (Raith Rovers), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Ken Ferguson (Brechin City

Surely in a democracy the clubs should listen to their fans a bit like MP's should listen to their constituents but then again that does'nt happen in the real world unless you are touting for votes.

They should and clearly Ann Budge and dempster are doing exactly that, the problem is unless Doncaster directly wrongs a club the fans don't really get involved - they moan about him and its agreed by almost all fans that he's a useless, incompetent fool. But until all or at least a large majority of the clubs directly vote him out he'll stay put, and so long as Celtic don't speak up he'll never be removed.

What may happen is the pressure builds and even Lawell will have to admit he's useless, but all that will happen there is Lawell will pick his next puppet - and we'll really be in trouble when both nuts from the same sack are picking the chiefs! At the moment we only have to content with one of them. When Dave King (and he no doubt will) gets into his seat at Ibrox, him and Lawell will have us all stitched up in no time.

Lawwell has no role or position within the SPFL

Aye, officially he doesn't! And if you believe he has no influence then you need to think again.

Aye, officially he doesn't! And if you believe he has no influence then you need to think again.

Our club like every other club is tolerating that if its true. Ann Budge is personally tolerating Peter Lawwell's unauthorised influence over the SPFL. And she's not questioning it ? Really ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Our club like every other club is tolerating that if its true. Ann Budge is personally tolerating Peter Lawwell's unauthorised influence over the SPFL. And she's not questioning it ? Really ?

He negotiated our most recent TV deal while Doncaster sat on his lap.

colinmaroon

Tried to start a petition yonks ago and, of course, got slated by the intelligentsia on here but, only fan power will force clubs to act.

He negotiated our most recent TV deal while Doncaster sat on his lap.

Not true

He may well have commented on it when asked and oiled some wheels when asked but Doncaster and Topping messed up that deal entirely on their own. Round about the same time they were handing back nearly ?1 million pounds after Rangers went bust.

Nookie Bear

Lawwell has no role or position within the SPFL. He was appointed by the SPFL board and is answerable to them

The current SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Ralph Topping (Chairman), Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Eric Drysdale (Raith Rovers), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Ken Ferguson (Brechin City

Anyone heard from Dundee Utd or Aberdeen in all of this? Asking too much for a journo to ask for a comment, I assume.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not true

He may well have commented on it when asked and oiled some wheels when asked but Doncaster and Topping messed up that deal entirely on their own. Round about the same time they were handing back nearly ?1 million pounds after Rangers went bust.

He would have sat there with his hand up Doncasters arse moving his mouth with his fingers.

Riley will presumably do whatever Lawell tells him to.  Thompson has never been afraid to speak his mind, so may be moved to support any vote of no confidence in Doncaster.  Drysdale may be prepared to carry the baton of the late Turnbull Hutton, especially given the abuse he suffered after he had the misfortune to sit on the Judiciary Panel 3 years ago. Mulraney's comments suggest he's happy to toe the line in return for his blazer.  We've no idea where Aberdeen stand and I doubt that Brechin even give a toss and Ferguson is probably another who is happy to retain his blazer.

The problem is, what will it take to force Doncaster out?  Is there a mechanism to do this other than wait until his contract is up for renewal?  How many clubs would need to support, say, a vote of no confidence (if that is even an option)?  There are 42 member clubs.  How many in Leagues 1 or 2 are directly impacted by the current omnishambles?

My view is that, sadly, despite several clubs having serious grounds for complaint, there may not be nearly enough of a groundswell of opinion to force Doncaster out.  I would love to be proven wrong though.

Toxteth O'Grady

Not one word of genuine support for Doncaster since i started this thread.

I've looked around other forums and social media and it seems to  be the same. He has a brass neck and knows he is perceived to be useless, he can't defend himself because he hasn't done anything to justify his position or salary but still he hangs on.

What is wrong with the Football clubs of Scotland that they cant see that this muppet is worse than useless?

Randy Marsh

As a Hearts season ticket holder I help to contribute to this imbecile's ?250,000 a year salary.  This makes me feel sick.

jamtartally

As a Hearts season ticket holder I help to contribute to this imbecile's ?250,000 a year salary.  This makes me feel sick.

About double the prime ministers salary - oh Jesus

About double the prime ministers salary - oh Jesus

That is just :vrface: .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived