Chelsea close to 1 Billion in debt

steve444

Vincent B.A

Wonder how the tv deal works then as there seems to be huge differences between all of the clubs. QPR 28m - Sunderland 72m.

doctor jambo

Chelsea need to be really careful-

even with deep pockets it would take a really massive turn of events for a Billionaire to cover a billion cash loss-

Chelsea are one Abramovic heart attack away from administration

even with deep pockets it would take a really massive turn of events for a Billionaire to cover a billion cash loss-

Not just Chelsea. The same can be said of the majority of clubs. It looks worse because the figures are so high but they are high on the income side as well. Compare the figures to smaller teams their debt is a lot lower but so is their income and the rich owners are keeping them afloat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFP! That makes appalling reading. Tottenham and Swansea are the shining lights out of them all. The amount of wages is f##king astronomical!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never understood how Tottenham do it - with the exception of this season, they usually spend a fair bit of dough on player transfers each summer and they've not really achieved much at all.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

?958 million in debt and they've still won half as many European cups as forest.

:)

Nookie Bear

?958 million in debt and they've still won half as many European cups as forest.

:)

The same as Aston Villa, to be fair.

QPR are stuffed. Look at that wages as a percentage number.

That jumped out at me too.  If they go down they must be in serious danger unless the owner is prepared to fund even heavier losses.

Bazzas right boot

we've heard that argument before somewhere.

Nothing goes wrong with that....

Bazzas right boot

I've never understood how Tottenham do it - with the exception of this season, they usually spend a fair bit of dough on player transfers each summer and they've not really achieved much at all.

Me thinks they are gearing up to buy a new stadium.

Affected Arsenal quite a bit, still managed top 4, how will Spurs manage if they finance a new stadium, could be barren times for them.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

The same as Aston Villa, to be fair.

True. Same as Celtic, too. Probably stay that way as well.

Just look at what happened to Gretna when Brookes died.

Chelsea will go back to being what they are...mid table team...

Wonder how the tv deal works then as there seems to be huge differences between all of the clubs. QPR 28m - Sunderland 72m.

Quite simply it's based on the season that QPR, Leicester and Burnley were in the Championship which is why their numbers are much lower..

For all the doom and gloom most of the clubs are actually making a profit.. I'd love to see the Premiership put in place a 10 year plan to bring debt at each of its member clubs down to zero.. For example 5 years to reduce debt to 100% of income.. then reduce it yearly by 20%.. Let's face it they are all getting plenty of TV money.. Also it would make English football more sustainable and not so reliant on millionaire owners..

QPR however are a basket case and deserve to go down and stay down.. I can't see how they can sustain their debts without an admin.. Which is weird because i was looking forward to Tony Fernandes being involved in football.. but he has made massive mistakes since he has been there..

Quite simply it's based on the season that QPR, Leicester and Burnley were in the Championship which is why their numbers are much lower..

For all the doom and gloom most of the clubs are actually making a profit.. I'd love to see the Premiership put in place a 10 year plan to bring debt at each of its member clubs down to zero.. For example 5 years to reduce debt to 100% of income.. then reduce it yearly by 20%.. Let's face it they are all getting plenty of TV money.. Also it would make English football more sustainable and not so reliant on millionaire owners..

QPR however are a basket case and deserve to go down and stay down.. I can't see how they can sustain their debts without an admin.. Which is weird because i was looking forward to Tony Fernandes being involved in football.. but he has made massive mistakes since he has been there..

They won't do this as long as other European clubs/leagues don't do similarly. The EPL doesn't want teams from other countries stealing a march on English clubs in European competition due to having laxer financial rules. They also don't want to lose their place as "richest league in the world" due to players opting for leagues where the clubs can pay them more because they don't have the zero debt restriction.

The only hope is for UEFA FFP regulations to be extended to zero debt, and the richest clubs, generally the highest in debt, have a powerful lobby that makes this unlikely.

I wonder how much Bournemouth make a year considering their stadium only holds 12k.

Should they get promoted they will have to play home games most likely at Southampton, as I beleive there media facillities are not up to standard.

Phil Dunphy

I'm not sure how they can describe a club that's nearly ?1bn in debt as a 'powerhouse off the pitch'.

Archived