crichiejambos

Rudolf's Mate

also ebay sell ?1 a link to lots of the add ons like genesis icefilms for kodi

Do people actually pay for it [emoji15]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stuarty1874

I'd rather support my local team, than the English Leagues / Champions League / Agents.

Just cancelled my Sky package in full and BT Sport, moved broadband to BT so free sport now, thus saved ?53 per month.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Currently on a friends and family deal with Virgin. Pay just shy of ?50 per month for XL package. If I ever want to watch Sky Sports I pay for it on Now TV or watch a stream online.

With the Champions League moving to BT Sports I think I'll be staying with Virgin for a while yet.

Bert Le Clos

I cancelled Sports earlier this year. Just got the basic package with whatever bundle gets you Sky Atlantic for the box sets. Never watch films on TV now.

Use my Tesco clubcard to get vouchers for the cinema and see all my films there. With Netflix as well I'm never short of anything to watch and if I'm desperate to watch a game I can go to the pub.

I'm not chucking ?100 plus a month at an organisation that pays Scottish clubs less per year than it does Premiership clubs for two matches.

Sky Sports is good value. EPL, SPFL, La Liga, English Championship, Champions league, Dutch football, MLS, golf, NFL.

Happy to pay ?50 a month.

Sky (or any other TV channel for that matter) are not interested in Scottish football in the slightest and make no effort to hide that fact.

But to try and blame them for the state of the game here is laughable.

It's years of mis-management and the fact that 2 clubs have been allowed to dictate how things are done that is to blame.

Plenty of countries around Europe have bigger, richer neighbours, in footballing terms, but still manage to have a decent league set up.

name them

I live abroad so I'm happy to pay a tenner a month (or whatever is fair)  towards someones Sky bill if they let me use their Sky Go (think I'll need to use a VPN but thats for me to work out).  Happy to pay in advance also.  Want to have sports at a minimum. Serious offer.

The Treasurer

name them

Portugal

Belgium

Netherlands 

(I'm sure there are others)

All the above may not have the appeal (TV wise) of the likes of EPL, La Liga etc but they do okay (I don't have exact figures) and often have teams in the latter stages of Euro competitions (not to mention decent national sides)

Bazzas right boot

Cancelled Sky to basic last year after getting my season ticket .

Would like to get BT sports, but being in a new area, only Sky can provide me with TV, and they know this.

Recently moved internet and phone to talk talk, will move TV as soon as possible.

No sky- excuse to go to the pub as well.

Nookie Bear

Portugal

Belgium

Netherlands 

(I'm sure there are others)

All the above may not have the appeal (TV wise) of the likes of EPL, La Liga etc but they do okay (I don't have exact figures) and often have teams in the latter stages of Euro competitions (not to mention decent national sides)

I take it you mean Portugal has Spain whilst Belgium/Netherlands have Germany on their doorsteps?

My initial thought is that England and Scotland are a lot closer in terms of their language and people than any of those you mention, which has made it historically easier for Scots to play in the Engligh league and for us to watch it ? 

The Treasurer

I take it you mean Portugal has Spain whilst Belgium/Netherlands have Germany on their doorsteps?

My initial thought is that England and Scotland are a lot closer in terms of their language and people than any of those you mention, which has made it historically easier for Scots to play in the Engligh league and for us to watch it ? 

I think it's just as easy for Dutch/Belgians etc to watch EPL as it is for us to watch German or Spanish football and the numbers of overseas players in the EPL would suggest they find it just as easy to play there as well.

invernessjt

also ebay sell ?1 a link to lots of the add ons like genesis icefilms for kodi

But all these addons are free! Just youtube how to add them all.

Are folk really still bleating on about how much Sky pay for Scottish Football? It's utter pish!

Other than a misguided sense of priveledge why the **** would Sky (or any other TV company) pay more than they need to?

I'm guessing folk are either just plain stupid or they are using an easy excuse to cover up that they can't afford to pay for Sky. 

Son Of Anarchy

Could some kind soul pm about this kodi thing and add on stuff please? As a technophobe who is new to streaming I know only two sites and quality is on par with a flicker movie from the 1920s.

Tvaddons.ag has all the answers.

I got an amazon fire tv stick yesterday and it's basically an android stick. Showbox, mobdro and kodi all installed nicely :)

Unknown user

Legal, 'legal', or illegal?

Actually entirely legal for you to receive.

The people who supply the links and files however, probably best if they keep a low profile

If you subscribed to sky, ever, you're responsible for a lot of terrible things, but ruining the game in Scotland isn't one of them.

invernessjt

Are folk really still bleating on about how much Sky pay for Scottish Football? It's utter pish!

Other than a misguided sense of priveledge why the **** would Sky (or any other TV company) pay more than they need to?

I'm guessing folk are either just plain stupid or they are using an easy excuse to cover up that they can't afford to pay for Sky.

I'm cancelling Sky because they mainly only show English and Spanish football, neither of which interest me. I'm happy to just have BT sports for the Scottish football and Serie A. Oh, and I could afford to keep Sky if I wanted to.

Nookie Bear

If you subscribed to sky, ever, you're responsible for a lot of terrible things, but ruining the game in Scotland isn't one of them.

I think you contribute.

Not 100% responsible, but a bit.

But the BBC are no better tbh when it comes to their funding of British football.

Nelly Terraces

Just get Mobdro on yer phone and steal the entire lot for hee haw. Free sport - with the added bonus you're taking food out the mouths of John Terrys kids.

SKY GTF.

jack D and coke

Bought one through droidsticks, best purchase I've ever made. They put everything you need on the box and provide free updates to it for life. Every TV show, film and live sport in HD and no monthly cost, bar broadband. I'd recommend them to anyone.

I just bought a T8 from them last week. I was using Kodi through an Amazon Fire TV box but got the T8 now I've moved that into the bedroom.

It's hard not to recommend but unless you want to pay for the better streams I wouldn't advise anybody to cancel their Sky Sports to watch on these boxes, it's very hit or miss tbh. Mostly low quality and a quite a bit buffering at times. But for movies and TV shows its outstanding.

I just bought a T8 from them last week. I was using Kodi through an Amazon Fire TV box but got the T8 now I've moved that into the bedroom.

It's hard not to recommend but unless you want to pay for the better streams I wouldn't advise anybody to cancel their Sky Sports to watch on these boxes, it's very hit or miss tbh. Mostly low quality and a quite a bit buffering at times. But for movies and TV shows its outstanding.

Was the T8 I got too. The quality of stream is always great I've found, normally through phoenix TV, it's the buffering that's the wee issue. I put that down to my broadband. You're right though, TV shows and films are fantastic.

jack D and coke

Was the T8 I got too. The quality of stream is always great I've found, normally through phoenix TV, it's the buffering that's the wee issue. I put that down to my broadband. You're right though, TV shows and films are fantastic.

Phoenix is good yeah and in the Phoenix addon you'll find Staeel and he normally has HD streams in his LIVE TV section. I found a good HD sports in robinhood people list and recently Vdubt25 has had excellent quality ones as well. The P2P ones tend to be a bit better quality wise but also tend to have more buffering issues I find.

Unless your paying for extra though you generally have to do quite a bit of faffing around to find decent live streams but faultless TV and movie stuff, all in HD.

Angerfist_Hearts

Bought one through droidsticks, best purchase I've ever made. They put everything you need on the box and provide free updates to it for life. Every TV show, film and live sport in HD and no monthly cost, bar broadband. I'd recommend them to anyone.

On droidsticks website do you need to buy a box and the xmbc separate or does that come with the box also are they wireless

On droidsticks website do you need to buy a box and the xmbc separate or does that come with the box also are they wireless

The T8 isn't wireless (or it might be but I don't use it). It comes preloaded with everything you need, including xbmc and all the addons. When you buy it, you'll be sent a username and password, enter the details, download the wizard and that's you all set up. Free updates all the time. Well worth it for movies and TV shows, and if you don't mind poorish quality or occasionally buffering, then the sports is all good too. Best thing I've bought.

jack D and coke

The T8 is wireless but you can plug in a lan if you like.

It's the easiest way to do by buying from droid sticks. It's not that difficult to do it yourself tbh but for the extra ?20 or whatever I'd recommend buying from them if your not too tech savvy.

Angerfist_Hearts

The T8 isn't wireless (or it might be but I don't use it). It comes preloaded with everything you need, including xbmc and all the addons. When you buy it, you'll be sent a username and password, enter the details, download the wizard and that's you all set up. Free updates all the time. Well worth it for movies and TV shows, and if you don't mind poorish quality or occasionally buffering, then the sports is all good too. Best thing I've bought.

I thought you said live sport in hd?

Depends on your broadband I think. I watched a Spurs game in HD a couple of weeks ago and it was great. Watched the darts tonight and it was fuzzy with a bit of buffering issues. If you want reliable and sparkling hd all the time, go with sky, Virgin or BT. If you don't mind losing a bit of picture quality but saving loads of money, get the box.

jack D and coke

There is actually subscription services available that get you more reliable streams but to me that kind of defeats the purpose and anyway I'm not sure how these people get away with charging you for basically providing you with a service that isn't their's in the first place. It's obviously much cheaper than a sky subscription, it's about ?40 for 6 months so saves a lot but I haven't done it and won't be either.

But if it's really reliable HD sports you want to watch don't get this in place of a sky subscription.

Rudolf's Mate

Further to what Jack has said. There are also more expensive subscriptions available. One is provided by a company called Matrix whom also provide satellite card sharing services. For ?15pm they apparently provide you will full Sky service along with lots of other sports channels which include 3pm EPL games.

I trialed Sports Mania (cheaper one Jack mentioned) and it's worth the money. I didn't renew simply because I know I can get the games elsewhere and it's just a case of looking. 

You can get the Sat 3pm KO's in perfect HD. 

I'm not going to lie, if I had money to burn then I'd have Sky Sports however it's a luxury especially when I tend to only have games on in the background. Sky Movies/TV v XBMC/Kodi is a non contest. One of the most popular addons has a Sky Movies section which lists the films currently showing giving you the option to select them.

Threaten to cancel and you'll get that down to ?70. I did! :-)

You can actually go through with cancelling and you then have 30 days to reverse that. Cancel it, and you'll get a call in a couple of days with a much better deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good piece from @mcgowan_stephen on the "abusive relationship" Scottish Football endures with TV Broadcasters. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3042838/SPFL-reliance-TV-cash-forced-settle-scraps-fixture-schedules.html ?

A very good piece indeed. Even managed to bring Jim Farry into it as a visionary!

jack D and coke

Tony McKelvie ?@TonyMcKelvie 14m14 minutes ago

Good piece from @mcgowan_stephen on the "abusive relationship" Scottish Football endures with TV Broadcasters. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3042838/SPFL-reliance-TV-cash-forced-settle-scraps-fixture-schedules.html?

A very good piece indeed. Even managed to bring Jim Farry into it as a visionary!

Good stuff that. Bang on.

Nookie Bear

Good piece from @mcgowan_stephen on the "abusive relationship" Scottish Football endures with TV Broadcasters. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3042838/SPFL-reliance-TV-cash-forced-settle-scraps-fixture-schedules.html ?

Stewart Regan:

'The Scottish football authorities ? the league in particular ? are fighting for what you would call the scraps from the table.

'I know that there is pressure being put on the BBC through a number of parties right now, including the Scottish Government, to try to see if there is any way to make an improvement in income that can be generated by further discussions.

'But, ultimately, the broadcaster will only pay market rate for the product they are buying.

'We are trying to get that market rate back up by collectively working on initiatives to improve our game, but it's not going to happen overnight.'

He is basically saying the game is rubbish so we get the money we deserve. Why not actually sell the product at every opportunity and take the moment to propertly attack the BBC, in particular, for paying Gary Lineker the same amount to host MoTD as they do to cover Scottish Football in its entirety.

jack D and coke

Stewart Regan:

'The Scottish football authorities ? the league in particular ? are fighting for what you would call the scraps from the table.

'I know that there is pressure being put on the BBC through a number of parties right now, including the Scottish Government, to try to see if there is any way to make an improvement in income that can be generated by further discussions.

'But, ultimately, the broadcaster will only pay market rate for the product they are buying.

'We are trying to get that market rate back up by collectively working on initiatives to improve our game, but it's not going to happen overnight.'

He is basically saying the game is rubbish so we get the money we deserve. Why not actually sell the product at every opportunity and take the moment to propertly attack the BBC, in particular, for paying Gary Lineker the same amount to host MoTD as they do to cover Scottish Football in its entirety.

Being brutally honest IMO its an englishmans view of Scottish football, that it's crap.

Reagan and that clown Doncaster have English attitudes to our game for me. They think it's pish and can't sell it because they don't believe in it.

It gets more viewers than the Rugby Super League but is on about a third of the deal.

mrmarkus1981

If your interested if a 'droid box' will work for you. Try installing and using Kodi on your PC/Laptop. 

A simple guide...

1. Download and install Kodi

2. Add the Fusion Hub

3. Install the Hub Wizard

The app will then customise and install most if not all of the addons you'll need for TV, Movies and Sports.

(Links...)

1. http://kodi.tv/download/

2. https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-fusion-for-xbmc/

3. https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-xbmc-hub-wizard/

Nookie Bear

Being brutally honest IMO its an englishmans view of Scottish football, that it's crap.

Reagan and that clown Doncaster have English attitudes to our game for me. They think it's pish and can't sell it because they don't believe in it.

It gets more viewers than the Rugby Super League but is on about a third of the deal.

Controversial, but I kind of agree.

They see their roles as just another executive role because that's what they are...Executives. When they leave here - with large pay-offs - they will resurface in other Executive roles down South.

I also think they are not used to dealing with women and are struggling with Budge & Dempster.

BRAVEHEART1874

I find that showcase and mobdro both android apps are the easiest to use on the mx box rather than xbmc / kodi streams well apart from genesis that's great I take it these cant get added into kodi apps for the PC download ?

BRAVEHEART1874

But all these addons are free! Just youtube how to add them all.

Sorry I'm a lazy f got an email and installed everything in 1 sec but wasted a squid for the time it saved I think i will survive though ;)

Angerfist_Hearts

Further to what Jack has said. There are also more expensive subscriptions available. One is provided by a company called Matrix whom also provide satellite card sharing services. For ?15pm they apparently provide you will full Sky service along with lots of other sports channels which include 3pm EPL games.

I trialed Sports Mania (cheaper one Jack mentioned) and it's worth the money. I didn't renew simply because I know I can get the games elsewhere and it's just a case of looking. 

You can get the Sat 3pm KO's in perfect HD. 

I'm not going to lie, if I had money to burn then I'd have Sky Sports however it's a luxury especially when I tend to only have games on in the background. Sky Movies/TV v XBMC/Kodi is a non contest. One of the most popular addons has a Sky Movies section which lists the films currently showing giving you the option to select them.

Can u send me a link to what kind of droid box if would need to get these think I'll buy one. Thanks to everyone for the info on this yous have sold me

alicante jambo

Try subscribing to sports book or sportsmania mate around 25 pound for 6 months brilliant hd picture aswell.Ive got a minix 5 loaded for 140 euro all football but vdubt25 has brilliant streams on tsn

Rudolf's Mate

Can u send me a link to what kind of droid box if would need to get these think I'll buy one. Thanks to everyone for the info on this yous have sold me

Probably the T8 from a company called Droidsticks.

I bought the Amazon Fire which is great however on dithered on the T8. Jack bought the Amazon Fire and recently bought the T8 and I think he'd highly recommend it.

The Amazon needs to be configured and you need to have a bit of know how, especially when things go wrong. The T8 comes pre-configured and is supported by Droidsticks. Anything needs updating they do it remotely and anything goes wrong they fix it.

http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/shop/t8-aml-v2-amlogic-s802-quad-core-2-0-ghz-android-4-4-mini-4k-tv-box/

That's a great price as it was ?128 a few months ago when I was considering it.

Rudolf's Mate

Try subscribing to sports book or sportsmania mate around 25 pound for 6 months brilliant hd picture aswell.Ive got a minix 5 loaded for 140 euro all football but vdubt25 has brilliant streams on tsn

canTVlive is something else for TSN. Perfect HD.

I get why people want to save money although I benefit from Sky go when I'm out and about plus I like the content of Sky Atlantic. also seen that Sky Italia has merged programmes meaning seria a next season along with bundas league from Sky Germany. I also like the fact I can have multi room throughout my house in Hd and save all the hassles of the above.

Angerfist_Hearts

Probably the T8 from a company called Droidsticks.

I bought the Amazon Fire which is great however on dithered on the T8. Jack bought the Amazon Fire and recently bought the T8 and I think he'd highly recommend it.

The Amazon needs to be configured and you need to have a bit of know how, especially when things go wrong. The T8 comes pre-configured and is supported by Droidsticks. Anything needs updating they do it remotely and anything goes wrong they fix it.http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/shop/t8-aml-v2-amlogic-s802-quad-core-2-0-ghz-android-4-4-mini-4k-tv-box/

That's a great price as it was ?128 a few months ago when I was considering it.

Thanks very much mate going to buy one thanks

Rudolf's Mate

Thanks very much mate going to buy one thanks

I actually want one [emoji3]

With the setup they provide I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need a subscription to any sports packages.

They give you lifetime support for the box plus if you buy another box from someone else (cheaper or not) they allow you to use their configuration wizard to put the same setup on it.

Unknown user

I actually want one [emoji3]

With the setup they provide I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need a subscription to any sports packages.

They give you lifetime support for the box plus if you buy another box from someone else (cheaper or not) they allow you to use their configuration wizard to put the same setup on it.

Do you have a copy of the configuration wizard?

Archived