SKY TV!

crichiejambos

crichiejambos

Just got this years annual increase ?3! Normally ?1.50 which puts my subscription up to ?50 odds now I can't go to as much Hearts games as I'd like for various reasons, so sky is my best option! Now if you break it down weekly its ?12 odds which doesn't amount to much if you can afford it! i have always defended sky purely based on the fact that how much it cost me just to attend one game, I have kept up my subscription out of habit! But having doubts whether to call it quits especially with the possibility of no Derby next season, it's only going to get more expensive! Anyone else thinking along these lines?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this years annual increase ?3! Normally ?1.50 which puts my subscription up to ?50 odds now I can't go to as much Hearts games as I'd like for various reasons, so sky is my best option! Now if you break it down weekly its ?12 odds which doesn't amount to much if you can afford it! i have always defended sky purely based on the fact that how much it cost me just to attend one game, I have kept up my subscription out of habit! But having doubts whether to call it quits especially with the possibility of no Derby next season, it's only going to get more expensive! Anyone else thinking along these lines?

?115 for me bud.

Worth every penny tbh

?115 for me bud.

Worth every penny tbh

Threaten to cancel and you'll get that down to ?70. I did! :-)

alicante jambo

I've got an android box loads of football/films/anything on telly or sky can be watched.No monthly payments either

I'm with Virgin and I'm getting sky sports free for a year all thanks to telling them I was leaving for sky despite having no intention of doing so.

Will do the same when the deal ends.

Zinc Finger

by giving money to SKY you are funding English football and thus weakening the game in Scotland as the SKY money enables any old English team to act like millionaires whilst undermining Scottish football which cant keep up with them.

invernessjt

Aye, I'm cancelling Sports and Movies. Not worth it.

I've got an android box loads of football/films/anything on telly or sky can be watched.No monthly payments either

Streamed football? Hardly the same is it!

Psychedelicropcircle

by giving money to SKY you are funding English football and thus weakening the game in Scotland as the SKY money enables any old English team to act like millionaires whilst undermining Scottish football which cant keep up with them.

This! which is why I ****ed them off a couple of years ago.....can't say I miss it!

Get an Xbox and someone else's skygo code. Got my old man's code........Xbox live.....?30 odd quid a year.....boom, movies and Sports.

?4.50 increase for me im on half price at the moment but the minute Oct comes round see ya later or offer me a better deal.

john brownlee

Cancelled mine three years ago not missed them one bit , if there is a game on I go to the pub, under nine pounds and get three pints for free. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Threaten to cancel and you'll get that down to ?70. I did! :-)

I've done this the last 2 years and got it done by ?40 for 6 months.... surely not a hat-trick!!!!!

Cancelled mine three years ago not missed them one bit , if there is a game on I go to the pub, under nine pounds and get three pints for free. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

get an openbox from ebay with 48month free gift  ?80

upgotheheads

?115 for me bud.

Worth every penny tbh

?1,380 per year, or four season ticket, and all the while funding the English game to the detriment of Hearts and Scottish football. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I've done this the last 2 years and got it done by ?40 for 6 months.... surely not a hat-trick!!!!!

Snap. An hour on the phone is the pay off

?1,380 per year, or four season ticket, and all the while funding the English game to the detriment of Hearts and Scottish football.

I already have 5 season tickets so don't need another 4.

We all have our little luxuries and Sky is mine tbh

alicante jambo

No always bud but a lot of the time the games that are on sky or bt you can find very good hd links.The games being streamed off football club websites are pretty crap but watchable.Theres a few websites through the android sites for 20 odd quid you get all live football games.Sportsmania for starters.a little but deater but no much for 6 months and no buffering

It's called supply and demand.  Don't blame the demise of Scottish Football on Sky.  It is the prospect of only one team being able to win the SPL which has killed the game - the ugly sisters should have shared the cash around the other clubs to make a more competitive league.

Definitely worth threatening to leave your current TV provider - they always offer you a discount to stay!

Bad Religion

No always bud but a lot of the time the games that are on sky or bt you can find very good hd links.The games being streamed off football club websites are pretty crap but watchable.Theres a few websites through the android sites for 20 odd quid you get all live football games.Sportsmania for starters.a little but deater but no much for 6 months and no buffering

What is the quality of stream like on sportsmania?

It's called supply and demand.  Don't blame the demise of Scottish Football on Sky.  It is the prospect of only one team being able to win the SPL which has killed the game - the ugly sisters should have shared the cash around the other clubs to make a more competitive league.

It's called a chicken and egg situation.

The more money that is thrown at English football the more the demand will be.

The less they throw at Scottish football the more likely the quality will suffer.

alicante jambo

You need to pay for it but cracking streams hd and no buffering just google sportsmania and have a look or you'll get them on fb.

Paying over ?100 a month for tv is silly imo.

All you need is a good broadband connection and you can watch anything you can think of.

alicante jambo

You need to pay for it but cracking streams hd and no buffering just google sportsmania and have a look or you'll get them on fb.

Just checked sportsmania working out at around 26 pound for 6 months included ppv aswell

Fxxx the SPFL

Going up by ?4 to ?67 so I will be cancelling sky sports should bring it down to ?42 no football on in the summer will miss the golf though.

Son Of Anarchy

Won't give my money to sky. Use mates sky go though. Going to look into these android boxes I think.

Dinger Bell

I phoned when I got my letter and told them I was cancelling.The next thing,an Advisor went through my details and came back with a discounted offer and add ons.Still told her I was cancelling though.I have a month to go and by that time,most of the football shall be finished anyway and I have been Informed by a few,that they will be on at me over the summer,with great deals to take It on again.

Had Sky Sports on Virgin and thought it was shite.  Watched about 3 games a month, and they hardly had any Hearts games on for me to have an interest in.

Cancelled Sky Sports a couple of years ago, and nowadays you get BT Sports free on the XL package, so not fussed.

Correct. Plus they have blatantly taken the piss in sharing out the cash.

Exactly why I cancelled mine. Plus theres only Hearts games on when we play the filth from Glagow.

Have been tied into Sky contract but definitely cancelling in a couple of months when that ends - quite a rip-off

?115 for me bud.

Worth every penny tbh

Surely that is not for a month. Dont want to appear nosey but how is it that much ?

I had Sky Sports a few years ago but cancelled the Sports package when they cut down on the Scottish matches.

I then cancelled the whole thing about a year ago and got a freesat saving ?38 a month. I then started getting my broadband from BT and get to watch football for free. It does me fine as i'm not one for watching endless football on TV.

Sky keep hounding me with offers but they can gtf I'm not interested.

We pay ?20 a month and get sky sports, BT, sky movies and everything else you get with sky and more.

:verysmug:

Cancel it. Why would you fund the company who is ruining our game?

alicante jambo

How do they andriod boxes work can some one please tell me

You need internet for starters.They work by streaming channels from all around the world loads of football every single day.Any film ever made aswell /cartoon channels for the bairns /all documentaries basically anything that is or has been on TV.You must have I've found anyway a minimum 5 mgbs internet for decent streaming.Xbmc support group sell boxes on Facebook I'm sure there's others selling on websites. I bought my dad one in November he's never looked back but all he wants is the racing channel and racing uk along with sky sports/bt sports.

You need internet for starters.They work by streaming channels from all around the world loads of football every single day.Any film ever made aswell /cartoon channels for the bairns /all documentaries basically anything that is or has been on TV.You must have I've found anyway a minimum 5 mgbs internet for decent streaming.Xbmc support group sell boxes on Facebook I'm sure there's others selling on websites. I bought my dad one in November he's never looked back but all he wants is the racing channel and racing uk along with sky sports/bt sports.

Bought one through droidsticks, best purchase I've ever made. They put everything you need on the box and provide free updates to it for life. Every TV show, film and live sport in HD and no monthly cost, bar broadband. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Latest round of price increases is the second in a year. Sure the last lot were about October from memory?

I paid ?96 and they wanted to hit me with a ?4.50 increase taking me over the hundred quid a month mark. That was the kick up the backside I needed to threaten to leave.

Half an hour on the phone, and a conversation with a Scottish bloke who confirmed that Skys lack of interest in Scottish football is purely down to the quality of product on show, and that stuff like the MLS is more important to them due to the number of folk who will be keen to follow the likes of Gerrard and his adventures playing soccerball over the pond.

Anyways...... end outcome was that I got mine down to ?72 month, which in honesty is still a tad on the pricey side considering how much (read that as little) I actually use it. But the way I see it, i'm just shy of ?25 a month better off than I was before. The real mistake I made was waiting so long before getting my finger out and telling them I was going to leave.

Rudolf's Mate

How do they andriod boxes work can some one please tell me

You don't actually need a droidbox mate. The software it uses is mostly through Kodi which is free. All you need do is have a PC/Laptop to run it through. Been using it for over 3 years and only bought a box in the last couple of months.

I bought the Amazon Fire for ?64 and it's brilliant. Just google or YouTube how to setup Kodi. 

Nucky Thompson

Aye, I'm cancelling Sports and Movies. Not worth it.

Just done it yesterday although that was the end of my half price deal for a year.

I watch a lot of games in the pub and never have the movies on

Rudolf's Mate

Legal, 'legal', or illegal?

The software it mostly runs through is totally legal and was developed for the original Xbox. It was called XBMC until a recent name change to Kodi. It the addons (similar to apps) that provide the content.

Until 6 months ago it really excelled for movies however sports were a hit n miss. Last 6 months has seen this change with most EPL 3pm games available in HD or close to it. 

As a couple of people have said, you can pay for some addons with one being Sports Mania. I paid for them however I let it run out last month after finding a free addon they used to show their games. With a lot of the sports, it's out there and generally just a case of looking however FB groups now tend to do that for you.

I watched John Wick in perfect HD about 2 months ago and I think it's only hit the cinema in the last week!

The Treasurer

Sky (or any other TV channel for that matter) are not interested in Scottish football in the slightest and make no effort to hide that fact.

But to try and blame them for the state of the game here is laughable.

It's years of mis-management and the fact that 2 clubs have been allowed to dictate how things are done that is to blame.

Plenty of countries around Europe have bigger, richer neighbours, in footballing terms, but still manage to have a decent league set up.

Apart from the arguments about ruining the game here, I won't give Murdoch the money. Simple as that!

I miss the golf but that's all.

If you know where to look its not far off.

BRAVEHEART1874

this like last years increase you are simply funding the English league there is no other reason you will get the odd smeltic and sevco game thrown in for good measure enjoy ;)

BRAVEHEART1874

You don't actually need a droidbox mate. The software it uses is mostly through Kodi which is free. All you need do is have a PC/Laptop to run it through. Been using it for over 3 years and only bought a box in the last couple of months.

I bought the Amazon Fire for ?64 and it's brilliant. Just google or YouTube how to setup Kodi. 

also ebay sell ?1 a link to lots of the add ons like genesis icefilms for kodi

Archived