Keatings

Bungalow Bill

Bungalow Bill

Did anyone hear Allan Preston on the radio before the game saying Keatings has apparently been told he can leave?

Just left the game so expected there to be w thread covering this already.

Bad decision if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

Did anyone hear Allan Preston on the radio before the game saying Keatings has apparently been told he can leave?

Just left the game so expected there to be w thread covering this already.

Bad decision if true.

Not sure if he can cut it in the Premiership to be quite honest. I wonder if Hamilton saw that last season as well.

Drastic if true.

I'd want out if I was him, having ****ing Zeefuik starting ahead of me.

rossthejambo

Not shocked, don't think he's anywhere near good enough for the step up.

Decent championship player and did a job this season. Not good enough for the premiership.

Seems unlikely. He must be on a 2 year deal at least. We may be willing to listen to offers perhaps but doubt he will just be leaving

I'm not sure if he's good enough to play in the Premiership but that being said there is only one way to find out. He seems to have the ability to score when Sow, Zeefuik and Walker can't. Would like him to stay, especially with Zeefuik leaving but I trust that we could bring someone else in.

Seems unlikely. He must be on a 2 year deal at least. We may be willing to listen to offers perhaps but doubt he will just be leaving

After not getting a chance today, despite how dreadful we were, he might want to leave.

Not shocked, don't think he's anywhere near good enough for the step up.

Completely agree.

Bang average and I don't think he has it to step up.

sick.of.romanov

Seems to be a few strange decisions going on just now I hope they've got back up to justify them

Good player, good work effort can think of a dozen Worse players we've had in the spl. Can think of a dozen more that would be better also.

Fxxx the SPFL

What a lot of pish Keating's is well good enough for SPL if not we r well goosed for next season and that's got hee haw to do with today's result.

Bungalow Bill

I thought he had a 2 year deal too. He should have been on today for the last 30 minutes.

It was the only name Preston mentioned and he said he'd been told he'd be 4th choice striker.

No idea if he's good enough for the Prem as we've barely gave the boy a chance FFS.

Anything I have seen has been positive though.

If Zeefuik is offskit Keatings should be playing week in week out. Then we'll know.

Benny Factor

Not sure if he can cut it in the Premiership to be quite honest. I wonder if Hamilton saw that last season as well.

Rubbish. Hamilton offered him a new contract and he turned it down.

What a lot of pish Keating's is well good enough for SPL if not we r well goosed for next season and that's got hee haw to do with today's result.

Totes currect lol.

rossthejambo

El Hass earmarked as Sow's partner for next season? This place will be fun next season :jjyay:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Rubbish. Hamilton offered him a new contract and he turned it down.

Yes he has scored a few good goals for us and Hamilton but struggles with other aspects of the game like holding the ball up under pressure and that is against second tier defenders. If he is kept on I will be happy to see if he can improve in that direction.

If this is true, I'm not surprised in the slightest. I posted last week that I thought there would be a few surprise moves by the club with players arriving/leaving, maybe a few fan favorites moving on. I reckon the team might look a lot different than some think it's going to be. I've got faith Levein and Neilson will get it right. Looking forward to see who we bring in.

Think after that disgrace today a few players should be getting told they can leave.

The White Cockade

Hope this is pish

good little player, great left foot and good finisher

Should have been on today

If Zeefuik is not staying then i'm baffled as to why he is starting every match

to be honest if players are being told they are not wanted - Eckersley, Keatings etc then

it explains why our team spirit and effort has gone

poor management if it is the case

Not sure what more Keatings could have done to prove his worth

wattie exploited

Keating is worth a start I think he  a great player give the wee guy a chance ! :rifle:  :rifle:

airdriejambo3

surely worth giving him another season, I think he has done well given his limited chances. He was given a run of games but was playing up on his own due to injures. I think he is ideal to bring off the bench when defences start to tire.

Clerry Jambo

Hopefully a crap rumour, like wee Keatings, gives us something different up front, like movement eh!!

Bungalow Bill

Has this rumour not been quoted on here in the past, also attributed to Allan Preston!!

No idea, I was a bit shocked when I heard it and as I said in my first post I expected there to be a thread already for this. I can't have been the only one to hear this!?

Preston was just on the radio and didn't mention any names this time. Hopefully he had his wires crossed as I think Keatings could cut it.

Now the league is won and the players are looking to have been told they are moving on (Eckersley/Zeefuik and now Keatings if this is true) it coincides with the poor performances and tinkering with the team.

Disappointing re James as he has been good in the game time he has had, makes you wonder if the dressing room now just wants to be away for the summer.

Very poor losing to that Hibs pesh today, too many loose passes and players like Wilson just booting anywhere.

Roll on the changes and best of luck to those leaving

Regular John

He's a decent enough player for the level we're at, but like Sow/Carrick/El Hass, they all seem to be made of glass and there's only so many fragile bodies you can carry.

It'll be interesting to see who he have lined up as replacement.

Holyrood_Hearts

Keatings is the next best striker we have at the club after Sow IMO. I'd be surprised if he's realised.

airdriejambo3

i think its bad crack airing all this leaving business when there is still games to be played.

To be fair, we haven't announced any of them (except Brad, due to signing elsewhere). It's Eckersley and his agent that have leaked his departure.

We need to improve for next season - we can improve on Keatings.

i think its bad crack airing all this leaving business when there is still games to be played.

Exactly. It must knock the teams confidence, look at the rangers game when eck had been told the bad news? It has to effect the morale of the team?

Bungalow Bill

What I don't get is, how can we say at 22 years of age that a player can no longer develop. Keatings and MacKay can get better surely.

Keatings has scored 10 goals this season!

I'm hoping Preston is wrong on this.

Keatings has been treated poorly since Zeefuik arrived at the club IMO, he scored a number of crucial goals leading up to the Christmas period when Sow was out injured.

To be fair, we haven't announced any of them (except Brad, due to signing elsewhere). It's Eckersley and his agent that have leaked his departure.

We need to improve for next season - we can improve on Keatings.

Robbie conformed Eckersley would not be offered and deal pre match last sunday

Keatings has been treated poorly since Zeefuik arrived at the club IMO, he scored a number of crucial goals leading up to the Christmas period when Sow was out injured.

Agree with this comment, if it was not for Keatings playing the loan striker for a few games November through January & scoring crucial goals, we would NOT have strolled the league.

You mean dropped?

Unless he's training with the youngsters or punished in any way, he hasn't been 'treated poorly', FFS.

Winston Ingram

Only one of the Tynie Arms 3 left to be shown his jotters

Interesting point that actually. 

Jambof3tornado

Keatings and Sow should be building a partnership for next season. We shouldnt be wasting time on zeefuik.

Only one of the Tynie Arms 3 left to be shown his jotters

Droid.....I think there were 4 involved without searching for pictures. Eckersley, Keatings, Mchattie & Walker.

Interesting theory, but expect it is way off the mark.....but you just never know

The White Cockade

Gets better when he doesn't play.

garbage

he has scored some absolute crackers this season and always puts in the effort

he would have done better today than Zeefuik that is for sure

not sure what your issue is with him?

Archived