Wearing Hearts jersey every day for a year for Big Hearts

ShaunAlex

When the Hearts shop at Tynecastle told me there were no more 2014/15 shirts left, I was gutted. I'd been working abroad until January 2015 and couldn't get hold of one of the best shirt Hearts had ever made - and was told Adidas had sent the last batch and they'd all sold out. They were all gone. Forever. So I got in touch with Adidas online to ask why they hadn't made enough for everyone. Long story short, we entered an agreement (you can read more about that here). They'd send me their last ever Hearts jersey (photoshoot display) and I'd send them a photo of me wearing it every single day for 360 days. 

And so, my blog, www.oneyearofhearts.com, is born. I'm wearing the Hearts shirt every day for a year as I travel the world a little, and will be posting a photo of it on my blog. My aim is to spread the Hearts love and get some new fans. Importantly, I'm also raising money for Big Hearts along the way. I hope you can check it out. I'll also be posting photos on my Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram.

HHGH

Shaun

ChunkyCharlie

Good luck mate. Some man!

Will it not get stinking though? Football shirts are the worst for BO.

Fantastic story and best of luck. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sub4TiddlerMurray

When the Hearts shop at Tynecastle told me there were no more 2014/15 shirts left, I was gutted. I'd been working abroad until January 2015 and couldn't get hold of one of the best shirt Hearts had ever made - and was told Adidas had sent the last batch and they'd all sold out. They were all gone. Forever. So I got in touch with Adidas online to ask why they hadn't made enough for everyone. Long story short, we entered an agreement (you can read more about that here). They'd send me their last ever Hearts jersey (photoshoot display) and I'd send them a photo of me wearing it every single day for 360 days. 

And so, my blog, www.oneyearofhearts.com, is born. I'm wearing the Hearts shirt every day for a year as I travel the world a little, and will be posting a photo of it on my blog. My aim is to spread the Hearts love and get some new fans. Importantly, I'm also raising money for Big Hearts along the way. I hope you can check it out. I'll also be posting photos on my Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram.

HHGH

Shaun

Outstanding Shaun,

When I worked at Hearts, I rebranded Heart of Midlothian Education and Community Trust into Big Hearts because I wanted ordinary fans like you to care about it and want to raise money for the big club charity with the big heart. It's great to see that happening.

your outstanding fundraising idea is innovative and inspiring and hopefully will encourage more fans to do similar things. Well done!

Outstanding Shaun,

When I worked at Hearts, I rebranded Heart of Midlothian Education and Community Trust into Big Hearts because I wanted ordinary fans like you to care about it and want to raise money for the big club charity with the big heart. It's great to see that happening.

your outstanding fundraising idea is innovative and inspiring and hopefully will encourage more fans to do similar things. Well done!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Glad you liked the idea. Here's hoping to bumping into more Hearts fans and creating a few new ones as well!

Shaun, I love what you are doing but its such a shame not to use that beautiful strip.   So, to help you along on your journey, I'm willing to pay to have the shirt sent out to you in Brazil.  Seems a shame to wait until May so if we

can make this work I'm very happy to stump up for the cost of shipping it to you

Whats going on with the font size?

• 3 months later...
Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good for you. :thumbsup:

Dunno why OF fans don't do this, they'd have more cash rolling in than your average medium sized nation.

Archived