Craigy on the champers

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

@CraigWLevein: By the light, by the light, by the light, of the silvery moon, of the silvery moon, we're the talk of the toon, we're the boys in maroon

:lol: good lad

heartsfc_fan

@CraigWLevein: By the light, by the light, by the light, of the silvery moon, of the silvery moon, we're the talk of the toon, we're the boys in maroon

Fabulous!!

He was geeing up the crowd when he came on after the FT whistle. Top guy.

Slightly off topic. Excuse my ignorance but who was the chap in the wheelchair after the game on the pitch with Ann and Craig?

tartofmidlothian

Fabulous!!

Slightly off topic. Excuse my ignorance but who was the chap in the wheelchair after the game on the pitch with Ann and Craig?

It was great, he looked like he was reliving those captain's memories. Wee hug for Mrs B too. :thumbsup:

Was he not the director who had to retire through ill health recently? Great that he could make it for the occasion, if so.

Fabulous!!

The guy in the wheelchair on the pitch is Robert Wilson(If that's who you were meaning). He recently resigned his Directors position with Hearts due to health reasons.

Robert was very much involved in setting up the SPL and has no doubt been a fantastic guy to have at Tynie this current season. His blood is maroon through and through.

Nookie Bear

Fabulous!!

Never seen him so animated as he has been the last few days - He is loving it right now!

Son Of Anarchy

Never seen him so animated as he has been the last few days - He is loving it right now!

Agree totally. Looks like he's relishing his role and enjoying football again. Brilliant to have him!

allystrachan

I was trying to think if this was the first thing craig has won in football other than the tennants 6's. Set up utd's cup winning team but left before they won it.

Captain Bubblebeard

I was trying to think if this was the first thing craig has won in football other than the tennants 6's. Set up utd's cup winning team but left before they won it.

Kirin Cup?!

Franco Fascione

Really love having Craig, Robbie and Robbo back at Hearts.

Feels like we are in safe hands.

Craig Levein will never be everyones cup of tea but by God are we lucky to have him so heavily involved in our club. He is the perfect foil for Robbie and has such a love for our club. He will not be content with the Championship and he will get us better value for money players than Celtic. He is a formidable presence and I love the fact he and Robbo are so heavily involved. Onwards and upwards.

The guy in the wheelchair on the pitch is Robert Wilson(If that's who you were meaning). He recently resigned his Directors position with Hearts due to health reasons.

Robert was very much involved in setting up the SPL and has no doubt been a fantastic guy to have at Tynie this current season. His blood is maroon through and through.

The guy in the wheelchair on the pitch is Robert Wilson(If that's who you were meaning). He recently resigned his Directors position with Hearts due to health reasons. We, along with others used to walk down to the ground from "The Gilly" together. Robert was very much involved in setting up the SPL and has no doubt been a fantastic guy to have at Tynie this current season. His blood is maroon through and through.

You could at least credit where you took your info from Livi.

I remember well the first time I saw Craig Levein. I was late into a match (against St Mirren, I think). After a few minutes, I turned to the guy standing next to me and said: "Who the *** is that young midfielder?" 

From that moment, as far as I am concerned, Craig Levein has done, and could do, no wrong. I have never doubted his ability or contribution for a nano-second.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Great to see :thumbsup:

PsychocAndy

We won the Scottish Cup the same day "We" won the Kirin Cup.

I'm surprised how far back the Kirin cup dates. I thought it was a tournament that was only held once or twice but it dates back to 1978. It was a club competion till 1988 then relaunched in 1991 as an international tournament.

The last tournament was held in 2011

and it was Neil Alexander wot won it with a fantastic performance in deciding 0-0 draw with Japan that day

Psychedelicropcircle

Bumped into him and his mrs at haymarket station last night. Was saying how good a season were having etc asked if he'd thought it would be this good at the beginning a categorical no was the answer. This has to be the harmonic I've seen hearts in the way that were all pulling in the same direction, board fans team! I said to CL if we had to wait until aprilish to be champions next season then I'd be happy to do so??

Who gives a foxtrot. He is our DOF and a PHM. Scotland job is a poisoned chalice unless you have an affiliation with the ugly sisters. That is fact. Craig, George Burley and Berti Vogts no respect from old firm players.

Nookie Bear

The guy in the wheelchair on the pitch is Robert Wilson(If that's who you were meaning). He recently resigned his Directors position with Hearts due to health reasons. We, along with others used to walk down to the ground from "The Gilly" together. Robert was very much involved in setting up the SPL and has no doubt been a fantastic guy to have at Tynie this current season. His blood is maroon through and through.

You could at least credit where you took your info from Livi.

Wiki leaks?

Agree totally. Looks like he's relishing his role and enjoying football again. Brilliant to have him!

What a great team to have - both on and off the park

I remember well the first time I saw Craig Levein. I was late into a match (against St Mirren, I think). After a few minutes, I turned to the guy standing next to me and said: "Who the *** is that young midfielder?" 

From that moment, as far as I am concerned, Craig Levein has done, and could do, no wrong. I have never doubted his ability or contribution for a nano-second.

I too remember the first time I saw Craig Levein. Central Park in August 1983 in the good old/bad old days of unsegregated crowds. League Cup. Cowden fans telling us that they had an eighteen year old half-back who would show us a thing or two. He was BRILLIANT in a 0-0 draw. It stood out a mile that Craig was something very ,very special. He had everything - and pace to burn. When Hearts signed him the late Sandy Jardine called him "our diamond". There isn't a shred of doubt in my mind that had his career not been cruelly ravaged by injury he was destined for great things at the very highest levels of the game. He did a terrific job as manager at Hearts in very difficult circumstances and I am confident that his influence behind the scenes in creating the context for this season's stunning achievements has been immense. Thank you, Craig.

I was at that match we won the Kirin Cup!  :2thumbsup:

I was at that match we won the Kirin Cup!  :2thumbsup:

in 35 + years following the boys I regard Levein as the best footballer to pull on the maroon. Classy, tireless, never broke sweat and learning from Jardine. I cried when living in Wardlaw Street I first learned of him hanging up his boots from Edinburgh Live. Straight up. Levein is class. When I said this to Jambo friend similar age in Wheatfield last week he thought, then said he couldn't disagree. Craig Levein. Class. Gorgie Rules

jamboinglasgow

I get the sense that the Scotland job was draining for Levein, he suffered so much flack from it that he lost a bit, Hearts have allowed him to get back to what he loves, sit in the background away from the press and it has brought back the joy for him. 

I get the sense that the Scotland job was draining for Levein, he suffered so much flack from it that he lost a bit, Hearts have allowed him to get back to what he loves, sit in the background away from the press and it has b

rought back the joy for him.

Exactly

Archived