Dave Mackay, HYDC, and Jambos Kickback

Maple Leaf

This week, the members of Jambos Kickback made a donation of ?1,000 to the Hearts Youth Development Committee.  ?500 was a donation from our members in memory of the legendary Dave Mackay.  The second ?500 was from the two games of JKB Sole Survivor we ran recently.

Thank you to all members of JKB, whose ongoing support makes such donations possible.

Here's the message I received from Calum Robertson, Chairman of the HYDC:

HYDC are delighted to have received two ?500 donations from huge supporters of HYDC, Jambos Kickback. 

One of the donations has been made in memory of the great Dave Mackay who recently lost his battle with illness but will always be in our Hearts.

Along with the above donation the second donation will help HYDC continue to support the Hearts academy.

We are currently working with the club on a new venture which will involve setting up satellite academy centres. There will be a lot more details coming soon about this venture.

Without the continued support of JKB and all it's members, exciting ventures like this would be impossible for HYDC to fund.

Chairman Calum Robertson passes on his thanks and appreciation to all at JKB for their continued support.

jamboinglasgow

Always great to help the HYDC. Well done JKB and the admin team who come up with these fund raising initiatives and help the club and charities. 

Top stuff once more.

Edit: why can't I donate via the donate button? It says it's out off action.

Top stuff once more.

. We are not donating to anything just now.

. We are not donating to anything just now.

Sorry I thought it was available all the time. Is there any notification as to when it's active?

Top stuff once more.

The donate feature is only active when we have a specific fund raising drive underway.  There's nothing on the go right now.

The donate feature is only active when we have a specific fund raising drive underway.  There's nothing on the go right now.

Thanks for that.

Once again the arseholes of football forums show that as a collective, we are just the best :2thumbsup: Well done everyone.

Well done to everybody who contributes time, effort and money to this great forum ...

Seems such an appropriate way to commemorate him, by giving a little something to future generations of Hearts players. I like to think he would've approved very much indeed.

Archived