Randoms linked with buying HMFC that never came true

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Since nostalgia seems to be making up for a lack of fixtures this weekend, let's list the tyre kickers / media whores who apparently have wanted to buy the club.

I'll start with Jim Glass. Linked with buying out the club in the mid 90s and was going to invest ?9m. Never got beyond a splash in the super, soaraway Sun.

Sideshow Bob and Pat the Plumber both fantasists. Don Massone and his horses heed. Duals in th car park always worth a watch.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Was the wee guy at Livi not mentioned at one point, I forget his name.

Massone. Yes, he was one of the bidders to take us out of admin.

Since nostalgia seems to be making up for a lack of fixtures this weekend, let's list the tyre kickers / media whores who apparently have wanted to buy the club.

I'll start with Jim Glass. Linked with buying out the club in the mid 90s and was going to invest ?9m. Never got beyond a splash in the super, soaraway Sun.

I seem to recall Jim Glass was part of the plan to take us to Millerhill, his company were to build the whole development. I'm sure John Hall's son Douglas was involved somewhere.

Shovelly Joe

The Scandinavian consortium That had uuniversity links to Edinburgh. Seemed to be our only real hope for a spell Prior to Ann Budge

Robert McGrail. He got his name in the papers a lot back in the day.

At least I think his name was Robert.

Was there not some consortium from Kuwait linked with us in the 80/90s? Perhaps linked to Dave Mackay?

I have a recollection of a 'Arabs want to buy Hearts' front page splash in the Daily Record in the early 90's.

jamboinglasgow

who was the one who created a plan for a stadium which was just a plan for Middlesborough's (I think) stadium stuck on the playing fields next to Murrayfield

I have a recollection of a 'Arabs want to buy Hearts' front page splash in the Daily Record in the early 90's.

That's the one I was thinking of.

Walter Bishop

Robert McGrail wanted to take over from Robinson, I'm sure his plan was to buy then lease back Tynecastle?

Fxxx the SPFL

I made a provisional offer/gift of ?50 million to clear the debt and rebuild the main stand but the proviso was that i won the Euro millions back in 2011 when it was at ?102 million. I however kept this information quiet as i did not want the press to get hold of it.

Archived