Hibs the best team in the Championship - Daily Record

primrose

So says David McCarthy; wasn't he the old Hibs repoerter for the EEN?

"Their fans won?t want to hear it. They?ve had their hopes raised and dashed so often. Under Pat Fenlon they reached the Final only to be pulverised by Hearts in 2012 and Celtic a year later.

But the darkest part of the night is just before dawn and it wouldn?t surprise me if Hibs walked into the light at Hampden on May 30. They have been practically handed a bye to the last four. They?ve knocked out Alloa and Arbroath and tackle Berwick at home in the quarter-finals this weekend.

Who will be left to face them? Queen of the South or Falkirk, Inverness or Raith, Dundee United or Celtic.

That last game is the obvious danger, particularly if Celtic get through it. But I?d fancy Hibs to beat any of the five other teams.

Here?s why. Boss Alan Stubbs has them playing the best football in the Championship. That might seem daft when Hearts are romping to the title but in the past few months they?ve been grinding out results until they went goal crazy against Cowdenbeath on Saturday."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-mccarthy-whisper-could-well-5269600

20 points behind in the second tier, yet they are the best team in the league, they have all bought into the massive progress under Stubbs thing. I don't get it!

He reported on all Hearts games and Hardie if my memory serves me right reported on the Hobs games.

I hope qots batter them in the playoffs. They're the only other team in this division Who play decent football..

Darkwhisky7

Delusion affects everyone who goes to watch Hibs on a regular basis, "journalists" included.

oh ah grantona

I read this yesterday and these Hibs fans are just as bad as Rangers fans with coming out with junk.

Yes they have improved and can play decent stuff but they struggle for goals and are prone to let 1 or 2 in 

As for Scottish cup 

Its not a given they will go through but yes they have easiest Tie 

1 decent Championship will be left in

Celtic have pretty much bought a win v Dundee Utd (last night was a blip)

I fully expect a decent ICT side to be in it

If Hibs make the final that will be a lot of high pressure games in a row can they handle it 

David McCarthy was Banderson before Banderson.

Gorgie_Rules

The more the papers are focusing on the almosts and sevco than us the better

I still reckon there is little chance hibs will be in the top league next year

Grinding out results up till Cowdenbeath, bar the 4-1 and 5-1 victories since New Year. Clearly drawing a game you should win is better than sneaking it by a goal or two as well.

Total slavers as per.

Who cares!! I have said it before and will say it again, they will be the best team in the championship next year too!!

We are so far in front of the rest of them , they have decided to ignore the number one team in the division. For many months now, the only competition has been to see who gets second spot, which for some reason is regarded as first spot!

Met mccarthy in the polwarth tavern after the st mirren game where would've had the gates shut on us. He seemed genuinely interested in helping the efforts to keep the club going long enough to see the other side. I seem to recall he's a celtic fan.

oh ah grantona

I hope qots batter them in the playoffs. They're the only other team in this division Who play decent football..

I have to disagree with this im afraid and i said it to a few people in Dumfries who were bumming the Queens fans, Hibs are by far and away the only side in this division to give us a contest in all games. QOTS have had their spells v us 

But game 1 down their we should have been out of sight after going ahead

Tynecastle again for me another easy win 

last game Their again we had full control of game after they went ahead

Hibs on the other hand have had us looking shaky and i also firmly believe we are better and have offered to much respect 

Hibs could have been ahead in all games this season and it has taken a few wonder strikes to get us what we have got in Derbies this season. I feel at Easter road baring El hass chance they had the better clear cut chances but we created a few dangerous situations but couldnt get it correct in final 3rd.

New year Derby we had a few scares

Hibs over the same 270 minutes of football against us as queens have had are better side

20 pts and +29 GD behind us would suggest this imbecile is talking bullshit.

Best ignored just like all these deluded sisterfisters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regal Kingston

If playing the 'best' football in the division gets you second place and 20 points behind the soon to be promoted leaders - you keep on playing the 'best' football.

We should pin all these articles to the dressing room door.

I really hope we go to Easter Road as Champions and give that lot a real hiding. They really need put back in their place!

Regal Kingston

I have to disagree with this im afraid and i said it to a few people in Dumfries who were bumming the Queens fans, Hibs are by far and away the only side in this division to give us a contest in all games. QOTS have had their spells v us 

Hibs on the other hand have had us looking shaky and i also firmly believe we are better and have offered to much respect 

Hibs could have been ahead in all games this season and it has taken a few wonder strikes to get us what we have got in Derbies this season. I feel at Easter road baring El hass chance they had the better clear cut chances but we created a few dangerous situations but couldnt get it correct in final 3rd.

Hibs over the same 270 minutes of football against us as queens have had are better side

I've not been impressed with Hearts in derbies this season.

We have not really turned up in the last two games and we were slow to get started in the first game.

Still though - undefeated.

The last derby is really important as it could be bragging rights for 2 or 3 years should they not get promoted.

Benny Factor

Met mccarthy in the polwarth tavern after the st mirren game where would've had the gates shut on us. He seemed genuinely interested in helping the efforts to keep the club going long enough to see the other side. I seem to recall he's a celtic fan.

Falkirk fan I think.

"In the past few months", eh?

Let's look at the last 12 games. Hearts 31 points, Hibs 27 points. Goal difference +27 Hearts, +20 Hibs.

When did this Golden Period for Hibs (while we were grinding out results) start?

oh ah grantona

We have not really turned up in the last two games and we were slow to get started in the first game.

The last derby is really important as it could be bragging rights for 2 or 3 years should they not get promoted.

In an otherwise perfect season thats been a big disappointment for me also the derbies yes we are undefeated but just feel we have missed something in them games. Being only 30 maybe spoils me but we really need to stick it to them and turn up at Easter road and hopefully as Champions 

Lets take a look:

After the 1st time we played them this season    3 pts ahead and 2 goals better of.

After the 2nd time we played them this season 14 pts ahead and 22 goals better of.

After the 3rd time we played them this season  19 pts ahead and 23 goals better of.

At present we are 20pts ahead and 29 goals better of.

Tommy Brown

Who cares!! I have said it before and will say it again, they will be the best team in the championship next year too!!

And most likely, the following season, too. :smile:

one attempt on target from open play against Alloa on Sat. 

is that really the exciting football the press keep telling us about?

Ayr jam tart

Fed up reading bout them playin great football this the team that bottle every big game that's why they won't go up or win cup ****in useless inbred ****s

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I look forward to Hibs being classed as the "best team in the Scottish cup" despite being knocked out in the semis.

They will truly deserve having an open top bus for winning the best team in the league AND the cup double, fair play to them

Falkirk fan I think.

in my defence i was very drunk. all the profit from deuchars was going to the club.

i did my bit

If playing the 'best' football in the division gets you second place and 20 points behind the soon to be promoted leaders - you keep on playing the 'best' football.

I see what you did there !

:shockio:

It's cheap talk from a knob journalist.     In fact it's a Hibs myth, fantasy whatever you want to call it.  Through time and history we were the 'pub' team and they played all the football.  Aye, very good.

mainstandjambo

Falkirk fan I think.

You are right, he does support the Bairns. Hardie on the other hand used to be a season ticket holder at Ibrox I believe.

Sick of giving these deluded idiots the time of day, it's getting boring now.

This.

Why do people post it on here, are they really that oblivious to the whole thing?  The more clicks, the more money. 

Stop giving articles like this attention and posting them on here - they will disappear as the Scottish media realise we aren't an easy target for troll pieces. 

For more on this, see Stan Collymore trolling Rangers.

When we only win by a goal or two everyone says we ground out the result.

When Hibs win by a goal, draw, or get beat they are said to be playing lovely football. Well from what I read about their game at Alloa it certainly wasn't pretty.

We have not really turned up in the last two games and we were slow to get started in the first game.

The last derby is really important as it could be bragging rights for 2 or 3 years should they not get promoted.

If Hibs do beat us in the last derby, I can assure you I won't even remember it let alone care about it while we are humping Aberdeen, Dundee United etc and competing for Europe while they rot in the championship.

1 win from 6 attempts or whatever against Falkirk and QOTS this season is proof that Hibs would find a cup tie against them difficult - it's also proof of many other things including the fable about best team.

look it's this sort of shite why it was absolutely the right thing to do to keep at it against Cowdenbeath. I get the sense that behind the scenes Robbie et al are hacked off that we haven't got the respect or credit we deserve. From the media or our opponents well rather sevco and the hobos...

We_are_the_Hearts

These articles won't be missed by CL and Robbie. Pretty sure when we go to Easter Road as Champions we will be mega up for it to show everyone who's the boss, expecting a big one from us that day.............

I find it genuinely weird how these myth seem to stick around when peddled towards Hibs.

He starts the following sentence by saying 'It might seem daft.....' - that is cos it is in fact, daft.

In other news............ I don't think I've ever heard the word 'pulverised' used so magnificently as it was in the context.

Pulverised. I like that.

I'm sure they'll be the best team in the championship for the next 2-3 years as well.

Daily record only useful as an alternative to andrex, absolute waste of the trees that are cut down to produce it.

Unknown user

I have no problem with this type of thing, it helps them to feel like their expectation are being met while they're actually floating in a sea of failure, about 20 points out from Success Bay

royal navy hearts man

If we had a manager in this league who had us 20 points behind that lot I'd be fully expecting him to be sacked at the end of the season!

The Internet

Think it's time we accepted our place as 2nd best in this league tbh. We may have won more games, scored more goals, conceded less goals, had 20 different goalscorers throughout the season and have a slight lead at the top, but for the first time in about 10 years Hibs are winning more games than they're losing so they must be the best team in the league.

Good grief. The longer they continue to believe that playing  'nice football' comes before actually achieving anything of note, the better. It's this type of nonsense that keeps them from ever doing anything remotely interesting and spending their lives feeling hard done-by, crippled by the notion that someone owes them something. Like they deserve better. Kudos to the members of the media who perpetuate this myth and exacerbate their deeply entrenched psychological issues by blowing written smoke up their bums. You're done a grand job McCarthy :laugh:

Lets take a look:

After the 1st time we played them this season    3 pts ahead and 2 goals better of.

After the 2nd time we played them this season 14 pts ahead and 22 goals better of.

After the 3rd time we played them this season  19 pts ahead and 23 goals better of.

At present we are 20pts ahead and 29 goals better of.

And their home attendances have dropped below the break-even point.

Not even the vermin fans believe these media fantasies about 'best team in the league'.

We haven't been that great this season in the derbies. Fact

Do I think hibs are the best team we've played this season? No.

Is this guy entitled to his opinion? Aye.

Do I give a flying fcuk? No.

fair comment though we were better team in first game and other teams incl Rangers have played better than Hibs in that game

not sure how it works though

2 things of many

1. Hearts are 10 points better than Hibs over the period of their 1 defeat in 19 run

2. Falkirk, the best team I've seen this season have beaten Hibs twice and drawn the other

how can that be

Good grief. The longer they continue to believe that playing  'nice football' comes before actually achieving anything of note, the better. It's this type of nonsense that keeps them from ever doing anything remotely interesting and spending their lives feeling hard done-by, crippled by the notion that someone owes them something. Like they deserve better. Kudos to the members of the media who perpetuate this myth and exacerbate their deeply entrenched psychological issues by blowing written smoke up their bums. You're done a grand job McCarthy :laugh:

The thing is, is the football they are playing, even at the moment really all that 'nice'?!?!

Granted, Hibs have improved a lot - happy enough to concede that. But to be honest, from a team who spunked away a 2-0 lead at home in a playoff final against lower league opposition, it woulda been hard for them to do anything other than improve.

This 'nice' football they talk of is myth. Pure and simple.

It makes you wonder where on earth Scottish footballing journalist got their education and sense of perspective from.

Archived