Open top bus

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Quite a spectrum of responses to this...... think we're all in agreement that an open top bus parade would be largely over the top.

But i'm also quite surprised at the number of folk who seem to be suggesting a lap of honour and then forget it happened is more along the scale of things we should be aiming for.

This seasons achievements deserve recognition and for that reason, i'll celebrate a league victory appropriately with copious amounts of alcohol. I'm not ashamed of that.

I suggest a subdued hand clap as the trophy is lifted followed by a knowing look to your fellow fan left and right to tacitly acknowledge the achievement. Thenhome to bed and some Horlicks.

Eh, no. It's just the Championship.

When we confirm the league we can take a deserved pat on the back considering where we were last year and to beat others to the punch will be satisfying but this is a league we don't belong in.

I'd like a group of fans to hire an open top bus for the journey to Fester Road (if we've won it by then). That would be amusing and should provoke some seethe. Definitely not a celebration the club should be considering though.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That's how open top buses normally work, to be fair :ninja:

But no, please no :laugh:

Celebrate but let's not go crazy.

The last open topped ( second tier ) bus I have seen anywhere near ER was a double decker that tried to get under a low bridge down Abbeyhill way.!

Given it will not be a cup win can we not change the route just a little to visit parts of Edinburgh and the attached village of Leith that have perhaps never seen an open top bus and associated celebrations ?

Much of the number 1 bus route could be used for example.

Anyone wanting an open top bus obviously spend a lot of their time in a white bus!! Definitely not, lap of honour and sit back smoking cigars watching the other wee teams in the play off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are going to win a league with rangers and the hobos in it if that's not worth celebrating what is. I'm pretty certain if either of those won the league they would celebrate. Saying that an open top bus would be a bit over the top.

I agree with this.

Lets not get carried away with this, it's not as special as say winning the Cup or the PL however lets not underplay it either.

We are where we are and not to celebrate winning this division would be like not celebrating a goal in a game in this division because "it's only the Championship" and it also trivialises what the players have achieved this season and some absolutely superb performances.

I'm not saying lets go out and paint the town maroon but come on, when will we next win silverware? Nobody knows. I for one will have a good few beers to celebrate once it has been sewn up but no open bus parade please.

I suspect if it were closer people would feel differently.

Son Of Anarchy

Its an achievement to win any league (unless you spend millions of pounds to beat part timers). If/when we win the league I will be delighted and overjoyed and shall indulge in numerous glasses of Jack Daniels but I will actually be celebrating the return of my beloved club to the top tier as opposed to winning the second tier. In saying that I will not belittle the achievement one bit. When you see how close we came to not having a club at all I think every reason to celebrate should be grasped and enjoyed. We still have a long way to go but I couldn't be happier just now. HHGH.

definitely no open top bus, but lets not underplay what an achievement it actually is.  we will have won a league containing hibs and rangers.  now while rangers are definitely not the rangers team of old, this is something worth celebrating.

i think maybe a family day as was suggested earlier, would be a really good idea for the younger kids who will see this team as their legends.

londonjambo

I think its a good idea and we should definitely do it. 

Nah just kidding. Awful.

jambo-in-furness

It should be mandatory for sevco and Hibs teams to form a guard of honour the first game we play them after the title is officially ours.and if it is achieved on the day we play either of them then they should form that guard of honour as we leave the field of play.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

An open top bus is far too disproportionate for this imo. Just celebrate being back up, and do the wee flag ceremony. :)

No open deck bus just a few smug grins among the troops and copious amounts of alcohol. If they want to organize something at Tynie the following day then fair doos, another excuse for more beer.

Celebrate the day we clinch the league and enjoy the rest of the season including a massive piss take on The Rangers.

Then arrange a family fun day and let the kids have their photo with the players and trophy.

Hope that is not too OTT for our resident nippie sweeties.

The turnaround, the marvellous season, etc etc,  lets  make it a special situation. 

I'll celebrate the way we won the league more than the actual win itself. The unbeaten run. The massive goal/points difference. The football we have seen played and the players who have been brought in. Nicholsons derby goal. Ozturks derby goal. Beating rangers. Beating Ian Murray's team 5-1. The 10-0. To name but a few.

We'll have plenty reasons to celebrate come the end of the season, although an open top bus might be a bit ott :lol:

maroonnicky63

Apologies if this has been discussed already but I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about whether we will / should have an open top bus parade if we win the league?

sorry but shocking idea.

No, thank you.

Only if the team ride in it on route to the San giro.

However, if we have it sewn up before the Derby... ;)

Perth to Paisley

Definitely not but a dignified flag ceremony would be appropriate and, it could be used to launch the renaming of the Wheatfield Stand as the Dave McKay Stand.

Would be disappointed if the club didn't know how to spell his name properly

Perth to Paisley

Wee team fans invaded the park when they won it 12 years ago lol

Obviously too young to have been at Arbroath

why not do a fan day or something like where the kids can go meet the players, see the championship trophy if anything

open top bus :D :D

Btw are folk going to buy a DVD if one is released given so many on here slagged Hibs for releasing a video when they won the First Division?

Personally, as great as we've been I just want this embarrassing situation over with and us back where we should be.

Perth to Paisley

Guard of honour from Rangers; trophy presentation same day and Flag unfurling on day 1 of the season is enough for me.

Flying the flag for a year should be a good reminder of where we have been and how we got there.

Just make sure we never go back.

......all of this is on the assumption we win the league.

Comments from someone who was at Dens in 86

3fingersreid

Winning this two bob league is like winning the Tennets Sixes.

There was a time that's all I thought I'd ever see Hearts win ,glad they proved me wrong :)

colinmaroon

Would be disappointed if the club didn't know how to spell his name properly

Alas, too late!

Sadly, by the time I had noticed my mistake, the edit facility was timed out and so, I will just have to carry the burden of this gaff on my puny shoulders.

Cast No Shadow

I'm finished with the club if we have an open top bus parade for winning the ******* Championship. :rofl:

Toxteth O'Grady

Btw are folk going to buy a DVD if one is released given so many on here slagged Hibs for releasing a video when they won the First Division?

We've scored plenty of goals this season that I'd happily watch again and again

I'm finished with the club if we have an open top bus parade for winning the ******* Championship. :rofl:

I would hope the club are laughing at this as much as we are....I bloody hope so!

Hope not. Winning the diddy league isn't an achievement for Hearts. We're too good for this division and it's just been a job well done getting back where we belong. It's hardly like winning the big cup.

As a celebration why not all go on holiday together with the team, staff & directors. 

leave the 3rd of june for 2 weeks in the sun drinking and celebrating.

now Rhodes would be my choice.........i'm already going there for 2 weeks and has nothing to do with my idea.

it's just coincidence.......honest !!

Obviously too young to have been at Arbroath

...or Dumbarton...and we never won the league on either of those occasions.

As a celebration why not all go on holiday together with the team, staff & directors. 

leave the 3rd of june for 2 weeks in the sun drinking and celebrating.

now Rhodes would be my choice.........i'm already going there for 2 weeks and has nothing to do with my idea.

it's just coincidence.......honest !!

Puts a new meaning on "open top" !!!

:2thumbsup:

Perth to Paisley

Alas, too late!

Sadly, by the time I had noticed my mistake, the edit facility was timed out and so, I will just have to carry the burden of this gaff on my puny shoulders.

Too harsh on yourself.... Watch the Cup Final video as a penance

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ach why not. Not in a celebration type event,make it like one of those tourist buses circling Leith playing commentary of Alims goal on a loop.

colinmaroon

Too harsh on yourself.... Watch the Cup Final video as a penance

Too much joy!!!  It's not good for you, I tell 'ee!!!

We're all doomed !  Doomed!

I've got a touch of the dooms!

Archived