who is your favourite 3 hearts players that you have seen playing

wattie exploited

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Willie Bauld, Alex Young and John Robertson........but so proud of so many in my time.

the crofter

JC

levein

Gary McKay(Hearts aren't Hearts without a Mackay, IMO)

But the list could be extended

John Colquhoun, John Robertson, Craig Levein.

these would be my greatest, but as the op says favourite-

Stevie fulton, johnny Millar and Davie disco McPherson !

girvanjambo

Colin Cameron, Paul Hartley, Rudi Skacel if push came to shove. Stephane Adam is a personal favourite who is certainly top 5 or 6.

Really tough trying to pick three.

From when I first started going to games, Robbo, Colquhoun and Levein.  Robbo and Levein will probably always be my top two. 

There are others - Fyssas, Bruno, Salvatori, Aguiar, Skacel, Hartley, Gordon, thelist goes on - who were favourites in their own way.

And we probably won't be able to hold onto them, but I look at players now like Nicholson, King and Walker and wonder how good they could be in a couple of years' time for Hearts.

Roald Jensen (boyhood hero)

Colin Cameron

Rudi Skacel

Big calls for Cruiky & Gordon, Takis Fyssas (who never put a foot wrong) Robbo, Fuller & Fordy. I know Ricardo wasn't with us for long but by Christ did he light the place up while he was

Donald Ford

John Robertson

Paul Hartley

thats my 3, donald ford was a class act in a heap of sheite during most of his career with us

Robertson, Colquhoun and Skacel.

It was hard to limit it to three. Brellier, who I don't think has had a mention yet, was in the mix too.

Bert Le Clos

It was hard to limit it to three. Brellier, who I don't think has had a mention yet, was in the mix too.

:lol:

That's the thread ****ed then.

hmfc_liam06

I've only been actively following Hearts since 2002 so too late to really appreciate the likes of Robbo/Cameron etc.

My favourite three are:

Gordon

Fyssas

Rudi

Boaby Prentice

When I was young

Jim Cruikshank, Drew Busby and Donald Ford

in more recent times

John Colquhoun, John Robertson and Paul Hartley

Bearing in mind it's favourite players, not best players, my three in order of preference are :

1. Drew Busby

2. Jim Cruickshank

3. John Robertson

apologies to Willie Hamilton, Roald Jensen, Donald Ford, Eddie Thomson, Jim Brown,

Bobby Prentice, Gary Mackay, Craig Levein, Sandy Clark, John Colquhoun, Colin Cameron,

Steven Pressley, Rudi Skacel . . . and finally, because I liked him . . Ernie Winchester !

Favs - JR, Flogel, and Craig Gordon who is the only one who I believe is good enough ,as a hearts man ,to have truly made it at the highest level of his profession .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctor jambo

Anti Niemi, John Robertson, Jose Quitongo

I just loved Jose. He always made me laugh and  I only have good memories of him playing

Robbo, Rudi Skacel and Bobby Prentice.  I just wish I had been a bit older so I could have had Dave Mackay on this list.

HillmanHearts

Donald Ford ( my first hero when I was a lad )

Robbo

And third is really hard.

Between Hartley, Rudi, Sandy Jardine, Cameron, Gary Mackay, Baggio, McCann, Craigie,

If forced : Rudi shades it !

Getintaethem

JC, Robbo and Skacel if we are picking purely favourites. Hard to leave our guys like levien, Jardine and Niemi who had ability so far surpassing most players who have worn maroon.

J.R

J.C

G.McKay

With big Sandy Clark along side Robbo and J.C is by far the best attack ive ever seen.

Angus Young

This is a tough one for me it is Number 1 Rudi, number 2 Sir Paul Number 3 Colin Cameron. players i thought about but left out. Bobby Prentice. John Robertson Neil Berry Drew Busby and Eamonn Bannon.Bannon

Rudolf's Mate

Robbo, Rudi and Colquhoun

Without reading any posts these are he names which immediately sprung to mind.

Colin Cameron, Paul Hartley, Rudi Skacel if push came to shove. Stephane Adam is a personal favourite who is certainly top 5 or 6.

Then I jumped to the last page and read this quote!

Really difficult to pick 3, no doubt harder the older you are. Perhaps those old enough to see the 50's will find it easy. Those of us around 40yrs old are spoilt for choice.

Without reading any posts these are he names which immediately sprung to mind.

Then I jumped to the last page and read this quote!

Really difficult to pick 3, no doubt harder the older you are. Perhaps those old enough to see the 50's will find it easy. Those of us around 40yrs old are spoilt for choice.

First memories of tynecastle as a nipper was sitting in the shed on the old wooden seats, watching JC flying down the wing against dunfermline...he was my favourite player from that moment. Obviously Robbo played longer and I grew up idolising him. Then Rudi the only player who came close to those 2

fraz the postie

Colquhoun,Cameron and Hartley,

All hard workers,entertainers .

That's my three.

Robbo

Rudi

Levein

I would have to agree with this selection.  First two without a doubt, third choice a closer call, but Levein edges it over JC, Cameron, Hartley.

vintage1874

Robbo, Paul Hartley and Rudi for me

A close thing as Levein, JC and Cameron are all right up there as well.

Crabbe, Robertson and Colquhoun, simple reason 28th October 1989, all scored in a 4-0 win over St. Mirren. as a 9 year old boy they started my love affair with HMFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was young, 60s / 70s, Roald Jensen, Donald Ford, Eddie Thompson

Not as young, 80s / 90s Craig Levein, John Robertson, John Colquhoun

Sensible age , 2000s Paul Hartley, Craig Gordon , Rudi Skacel,

Apologies to Cruickshanks, Busby, Frail, Pressley,

Archived