The bigotry top 20

gerriatrick

What sanctions will be brought on the clubs today after the full repertoire of banned songs were sung,the Celtic songs didn't come through to well but newco were certainly belting out such classics as The Sash, Oh no pope of Rome, The Billy boys, the famine song ....... And many more.

Will anything be done or will the authorities just throw a deefy?

What sanctions will be brought on the clubs today after the full repertoire of banned songs were sung,the Celtic songs didn't come through to well but newco were certainly belting out such classics as The Sash, Oh no pope of Rome, The Billy boys, the famine song ....... And many more.

Put simply, no, nothing will be done.

The Rangers fans seemed to be at their obnoxious best/worst today .

Suppose they thought they were being defiant against all those that have victimised them.

The famine song especially came over loud and clear. 

I heard 'Soldiers are we' as clear as day

The Soldier Song is the national anthem of the Irish Republic. Its hardly going to breach sectarian laws.

I heard 'Soldiers are we' as clear as day

The Irish national anthem. I reckon the Celtic fans can claim that one as not being a bigoted song. 

Also in relation to the OP The Sash isn't on the banned list.

I heard 'Soldiers are we' as clear as day

Not sure you can class this as an offensive song or bigoted tbh....it's the Irish National anthem with some re-wording to suit Celtic fans agenda.. Same as 10 German bombers. Bad taste maybe but wouldn't have thought offensive

I wouldn't be able to identify 'the famine song' or 'soldiers are we' if they came up and hit me on the arse.

How do you chaps know them, just wondering.....

Doctor FinnBarr

I wouldn't be able to identify 'the famine song' or 'soldiers are we' if they came up and hit me on the arse.

Heard em on the telly

If you are trying to insinuate people are bigots then you are well wide of the mark. The Famine song was well publicised in the press when it started and The Soldiers Song is a well known anthem that you would recognise if you have ever watched a national sporting event involving Ireland. 

Unless you are under the impression Rangers fans are almost universally huge Beach Boys fans?

manaliveits105

Look at the bbc news scotland the match commander is praising the crowd for its behaviour apart from a small minority - you couldnt make it up

Are you deaf ? Do you go to matches ? The Celtic fans sing it (soldiers are we) frequently when they infest Tynecastle.

To my mind the famine song is the most offensive of all.

If you sing a song about any other immigrant group telling them to go home you would get done for racial aggravation.

I go to football games and also watch them on the tv with the volume on. Not too difficult really.

The Old Tolbooth

The Soldier Song is the national anthem of the Irish Republic. Its hardly going to breach sectarian laws.

The Irish national anthem. I reckon the Celtic fans can claim that one as not being a bigoted song. 

Also in relation to the OP The Sash isn't on the banned list.

Here's the list of banned songs

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/bigotry-bill-fans-told-the-songs-1089573

Just for information, the Sash simply puts strange words to the tune of the Scottish Breakaway!!!

????? ?

Like Hibs a few years back, I think Ranger won the singing contest, a full repertoire of their old classics clear as day. Only 19 arrested up until 5pm, including 10 for sectarian BOPs.

Hearts Heritage

From Follow Follow

I make no apologies for any of our songbook, and nor should any of us.
We utterly ruined the myth of the tarriers support being something special and gave it everything we had.
While the best they could muster were pishy banners all about Rangers, we stood for 90 minutes and never let up with our singing.

Everything else about Rangers right now lacks the passion of our support.
If we could have had that level of commitment on the pitch or the boardroom we'd be so much better off.

It was a privilege to be amongst that support today. I can only hope we get more regular days like that in the near future

Like Hibs a few years back, I think Ranger won the singing contest, a full repertoire of their old classics clear as day. Only 19 arrested up until 5pm, including 10 for sectarian BOPs.

I can't even imagine what a massive headcase you need to be to be one of the ten singled out for that at an OF match.

Easy now, some getting a little precious and upset here.

I don't, and never will pay any attention to what either of them sing and I'm certainly not interested in knowing which song is which.

Some of you clearly do/are though so that's cool for you.

In the CONTEXT of the 'Old Firm' matches  Rule Brittania could be considered inflamatory.

It is the context that creates the problem. 

Easy now, some getting a little precious and upset here.

I don't, and never will pay any attention to what either of them sing and I'm certainly not interested in knowing which song is which.

Some of you clearly do/are though so that's cool for you.

You are at the wind up.

:troll:

Old firm in bigotry shock.

Nothing serious will be done about it, we all know that so not sure why we need a thread listing the songs everyone heard today.

Whoever watched the match seen them for the idiots they are.

I for one am absolutely delighted the huns gave it full pelt today and won the singing contest...exposed them to the watching world for all their worth once more!

The only reason they outsung their sisters (and regularly do) is nowt to do with more numbers or passion, it's simply because their sectarian songbook is thicker!

I can't think of one song they sang today that wasn't in breech of the law. Be as well just sporting their sashes and bowler hats to games.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not sure you can class this as an offensive song or bigoted tbh....it's the Irish National anthem with some re-wording to suit Celtic fans agenda.. Same as 10 German bombers. Bad taste maybe but wouldn't have thought offensive

Singing it in Irish were they?

I for one am absolutely delighted the huns gave it full pelt today and won the singing contest...exposed them to the watching world for all their worth once more!

The only reason they outsung their sisters (and regularly do) is nowt to do with more numbers or passion, it's simply because their sectarian songbook is thicker!

I can't think of one song they sang today that wasn't in breech of the law. Be as well just sporting their sashes and bowler hats to games.

Can't see anyone getting a banning order over "we love you rangers" tbh

The Old Tolbooth

One of my Facebook friends just posted this, deary me! 

back from the game , what a support the best in the world, Jimmy Saville , he's one of your own , God save the queen , no surrender , we are the people, rule Britannia , the famines over why don't they go home.

Malinga the Swinga

One of my Facebook friends just posted this, deary me!

think you need to review your friends.

I find it weird that on a Hearts based football forum we have people totally obsessed with what happened in a game involving two teams from Glasgow! Further I find it almost as bad that in the main most are clutching at straws because the violence they hoped for did not, to any great extent, materialise! I almost start to ask the question who are the true bigots?... BUT let me say as a rider here most real Hearts supporters, and yes just football fans will be happy that it was not the wanted,by some at least, blood bath carnage on the streets. My main gripe what a totally shoite game of football... the up side ? If Celtic really are the best of the lot we might do quite well next season based on what I saw today :)

I find it weird that on a Hearts based football forum we have people totally obsessed with what happened in a game involving two teams from Glasgow! Further I find it almost as bad that in the main most are clutching at straws because the violence they hoped for did not, to any great extent, materialise! I almost start to ask the question who are the true bigots?... BUT let me say as a rider here most real Hearts supporters, and yes just football fans will be happy that it was not the wanted,by some at least, blood bath carnage on the streets. My main gripe what a totally shoite game of football... the up side ? If Celtic really are the best of the lot we might do quite well next season based on what I saw today :)

:cornette:

The real bigots were the ones displaying bigoted behaviour m8.

The rest of us just wanted to see the 2 teams kick shite out each other.

King Of The Cat Cafe

A while back a loyalist band in Belfast claimed they were not playing the "Famine Song", but in fact that great Beach Boys hit "The Sloop John B."  The melody, apparently, is almost the same.

No sanctions move on as usual!!!!

McCulloch elbows not seen either and Broon does what he wants.

Kalamazoo Jambo

A while back a loyalist band in Belfast claimed they were not playing the "Famine Song", but in fact that great Beach Boys hit "The Sloop John B."  The melody, apparently, is almost the same.

God only knows why the Beach Boys would have stolen a Rangers song :o

We are Rangers...super rangers...no one likes us we don't care...we hate Celtic....well you know the rest.

Belted out loud and proud with 10 mins to go.

If 30'000 Hearts fans sang similar on national TV at a semi final we'd be hauled over the coals and rightly so.

:cornette:

The real bigots were the ones displaying bigoted behaviour m8.

The rest of us just wanted to see the 2 teams kick shite out each other.

Really I mean really you, and the rest...who ever they may be, watched a game of football in the hope that someone would injury someone else in a game of football... how sad ... a bit like someone who watches a F1 race in the hope that a driver dies in a fire ball or crushed against an Armco barrier Hey HO what ever floats your boat. Don't kid me you are a Hearts supporter... or dare I say it a football fan.

MOD EDIT

I notice the original song makers that Celtic claim to be used KC and The Sunshine Band's tune for a song today.

I know we nicked it from Spurs but we must've been first to use it in Scotland.

It's just a point. I know many clubs fans share ditties to different words but I'm sure we've all encountered the arsehole fans of the old firm who claim to start everything.

Really I mean really you, and the rest...who ever they may be, watched a game of football in the hope that someone would injury someone else in a game of football... how sad ... a bit like someone who watches a F1 race in the hope that a driver dies in a fire ball or crushed against an Armco barrier Hey HO what ever floats your boat. Don't kid me you are a Hearts supporter... or dare I say it a football fan.

MOD EDIT

I...........take.........it.........you........don't..........agree......with........his......views.........then??

MOD EDIT

Wanting Ian Black to kick Scott Brown is like wanting someone to die?

How ****ing hard do you think Blackie can kick? Unless Brown was standing at the top of a flight of stairs when Black kicks him, maybe with a burning pit of broken glass at the bottom, wanting to watch Rangers and Celtic players kick each other is absolutely **** all like wanting to watch someone burst in to flames.

MacDonald Jardine

Really?

The Sash?

Derry's Walls?

"We love you Rangers"?

All illegal?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

MacDonald Jardine

A while back a loyalist band in Belfast claimed they were not playing the "Famine Song", but in fact that great Beach Boys hit "The Sloop John B." The melody, apparently, is almost the same.

It is the same.

What's your point?

The Real Maroonblood

Really?

The Sash?

Derry's Walls?

"We love you Rangers"?

All illegal?

Which is your favourite one?

Archived