Kenny Anderson

Robert Polson

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was a thread about a potential new signing for us, instead I've just went through 3 pages of utter sh!+e. Prince is an integral part of our team and title charge, I'm glad Robbie picks the team. Some on here would still have Robinson as a starter :-O

Agree completely. Possible new signing to compliment those already here, increase competition etc.  If folk need to  see this guy as a replacement it is surely for Holt. As regards Bauben I thought he was fine yesterday and like all players has had good and not so good games. 

KB is a strange place

Buaben has been a great signing and then after being not on top form for a few games needs punted

Sow was a complete unkown who joined us , hit form straight away, banged in the goals and is one of our players of the season

but in the murky world of ther internet when he was out injured became a shirker, not interested, wants away and not as good as we thought

Although for some people the opposite happened when Dale Carrick spent even more time out injured than Sow but in that

time became Lionel Messi !!

the truth is that most of Robbie/CL's signings have been huge successes

Alexander, Eckersley, Buaben, Gomis, Sow, Pallardo, Zeefuik, Ozturk, Keatings - unbelievable signings

considering the state of the club last year

Very seldom does a club make that many successful signings in one go - usually a dud or two would be amongst them

only El Hass has not impressed me so far but let's get him fit and give him a chance to prove himself as well

Absolutely spot on. I trust completely what robbie and craig are doing. Fans will always have their own opinion of who's good and who should be dropped but the facts don't lie, we are 16 points clear at the top with a goal difference of +44, our nearest rivals sevco have 2 games in hand with us but are now starting to get a fixtures back log, the hobos are 17 points behind us and we have a game in hand with them, sevco play the hobos in 2 weeks which is a win win for us either one or both of our rivals will drop points.

To top it all off, we are playing good footy, some great signings and we are looking to strengthen in the transfer window. it's all peachy.

If someone had told me back in august that this is the position we'd be in at the start of feb, i'd have sectioned them.

Maiden Gorgie

Absolutely spot on. I trust completely what robbie and craig are doing. Fans will always have their own opinion of who's good and who should be dropped but the facts don't lie, we are 16 points clear at the top with a goal difference of +44, our nearest rivals sevco have 2 games in hand with us but are now starting to get a fixtures back log, the hobos are 17 points behind us and we have a game in hand with them, sevco play the hobos in 2 weeks which is a win win for us either one or both of our rivals will drop points.

To top it all off, we are playing good footy, some great signings and we are looking to strengthen in the transfer window. it's all peachy.

If someone had told me back in august that this is the position we'd be in at the start of feb, i'd have sectioned them.

Superb post

Fxxx the SPFL

better get the straight jacket out

Buaben's 16 points ahead of him in the league and has had him in the pocket at Ibrox and Tynecastle.

Black's far better though :lol:

:cornette:

Now you are just making stuff up. :rofl:

Buaben's 16 points ahead of him in the league and has had him in the pocket at Ibrox and Tynecastle.

Black's far better though :lol:

I had assumed the OP was being facetious :)

Might as well turn this into a Kenny Anderson is gash thread.

But is he as gash as Prince - that's what I want to know?

This,Well said Sir.

jamboinglasgow

exactly, fora guy who has only been a manager/first team coach since May, its crazy how well he has done, its easy to forget that we are in a tough league and has made it look easy. He will make mistakes as he is learning. But the signings brought in by him and Levein have suited what we needed. Something that hasn't been done for years. Even El Hass who has not hit the ground running and been forced to play as a lone striker when he is not and yet still provided 2 goals for us. So this idea Prince has been not great for us is mental, he has been important for us all season.

Thus if we do sign Kenny Anderson I trust him to be fully scouted and for management team to know what they are getting and know what to do with him that will benefit the team most.

If he is good enough then I trust Robbie and Craig to do the right thing. Dont think we are in the business of wasting money. Their judgement has been spot on so far.

Got to agree with an earlier post, instead of being excited at a possible new signing we get post after post of utter dross. I trust CL and RN they will sign well, unless of course there is proof that they can't organise pish up in a brewery. Well......

Got to agree with an earlier post, instead of being excited at a possible new signing we get post after post of utter dross. I trust CL and RN they will sign well, unless of course there is proof that they can't organise pish up in a brewery. Well......

Which you have added to.

Why don't you post your thoughts of our possible new signing to help get the thread back on track?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Why do football fans get so angry if other fans don't like the same players as them?

Bizarre.

Which you have added to.

Why don't you post your thoughts of our possible new signing to help get the thread back on track?

I thought I had, I trust our team to make good signings. I don't know this guy but if we want him I am happy, I also like PB.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not sure how a box to box fits our shape or style. Never cease to amaze that folk think they know better than Robbie

Not sure how a box to box fits our shape or style. Never cease to amaze that folk think they know better than Robbie

Never ceases to amaze me that discussing football and expressing opinions can upset so many. Quite a lot appear to not have any personal options other than "I trust Robbie." Enthralling stuff.

I am aware of this but if im honest fans making any decisions scares me business or otherwise. Noting people who feel they have a football knowledge i can only imagine what they feel they can contribute as an opinion on the business side as a fan owned club.

Anyway this potential signing appears promising.

Ann Budge is a fan. How's she doing in your opinion?

Hopefully our next #10 is in the Hartley/Cameron mould.

I love a proper box-to-box goal scoring midfielder.

Have RN and CL let us down so far? Are we happy with the signings made ? Who are we to pre judge our management team who so far have got it spot on. There's a reason their in football management and were sitting on fans forums bumping our gums about who's good or not. That's because they know what they are doing.

Let's not jump in and pre judge, instead wait and see and if the guy signs judge him on the games he plays for us and then judge RN and CL on their signing.

It was only 7 months or so people were choking on their crayons and foaming at the mouth over CL and RN being appointed and then Jamma's contract not being renewed was the wrong decision look how that's turned out eh !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumb Up Emoji

I am aware of this but if im honest fans making any decisions scares me business or otherwise. Noting people who feel they have a football knowledge i can only imagine what they feel they can contribute as an opinion on the business side as a fan owned club.

Anyway this potential signing appears promising.

You do know Ann Budge is a fan, aye? She seems to be doing alright. But I see the point you're trying to make - if Kickback is anything to go by a fan-ruled Hearts would have Gary Locke as manager and be playing Rudi until he is 43. Oh, and we'd get Buaben punted. In fact, we wouldn't have signed him in the first place as we'd still have Stevenson.

JKB is full of arseholes as this thread has proven! Arguing amongst yourselves like a gang of hormonal woman fighting over a chocolate bar! New signing and you're all spit roasting each other when we're top of the table 16 point clear. Roasters

If he is good enough then I trust Robbie and Craig to do the right thing. Dont think we are in the business of wasting money. Their judgement has been spot on so far.

Bloody near miss with Darren McGregor though. Watched him in the first half today, worse than humpty.

Hopefully our next #10 is in the Hartley/Cameron mould.

I love a proper box-to-box goal scoring midfielder.

Agree. Hartley and Cameron are 2 of my fav players ever. Love that type of player.

Straightfromtheheart

Kenny Anderson ? the Nederlandse Leeuw with the Lion Rampant on his heart

on 22 March, 2014 at 08:30

Born and raised in the Netherlands but with his heart set on wearing the blue of Gordon Strachan?s men, Kenny Anderson is more of a Flower of Scotland than a Tulip from Amsterdam.

The 22-year-old, who plays as a midfielder for Eredivisie side RKC Waalwijk was born in the small town of Gorinchem, Netherlands to a Scottish father and Dutch mother.

Although the youngster has never lived in Scotland, he has made himself available for the national team and Under 21 manager Billy Stark is tracking his progress and considered him for the squad ahead of the recent friendly against Hungary, although he didn?t make the final cut.

?I played for the Under 16s and 17s and after that I went and did my own thing and tried to do my best.

?[sFA Performance Director] Mark Wotte got in touch with me and we talked about my plans for this season. I told him I was just looking to play as much as possible. I?ve scored goals and done well so we had some contact about me playing for Scotland. So hopefully one day I?ll be selected for the Scottish team.

?They came over and watched a couple of matches of me in the stadium. I heard that there are a lot of Under 21 players who are now doing well in the Scottish league so I think that?s the reason they didn?t call me up, but I would be glad to play for them.?

Anderson, who describes himself as ?a box-to-box midfielder with a good engine who can score goals?, was raised in Holland, but as a youngster made frequent trips to Scotland to visit family on his Dundonian father?s side.

?When I was younger we used to go to Scotland a couple of times a year. We used to go to see my grandma and my family at Christmas, but when I was about eight or nine my grandma passed away so after that we didn?t visit very often.

?But my sister works in Edinburgh now so I go over two or three times a year. I go over for Hogmanay, then in May after the season I always go for a week and, if it?s possible with the schedule, I?ll go during the season to visit my sister and my uncles.?

The 22-year-old is very much in touch with his Scottish roots. He frequently eats haggis when back in Scotland and, like the rest of the country, he even has an opinion on independence.

?Although I don?t keep up to date with the news in Scotland, of course everybody wants independence, but I don?t think it?s wise at this time and in this economy.?

The midfielder would rather focus on football in the Netherlands than politics in Scotland, though, and it is here he is carving out a very bright career for himself.

Anderson was just 10-years-old when he joined RKC and began his ascent through the youth system before making his senior debut last season, although he did leave for a short period in between as he joined Willem II to get more playing time. Since his return, his influence in the team has increased immensely as he has chipped in with four goals and three assists for the side who are fighting for survival in the Eredivisie.

?I started in the youngest side of RKC with the aim of becoming a player in the first-team and after 11 years of hard work I finally reached my goal. So it?s a really good feeling to achieve that.

?I trained for the first-team when I was 18 in my last year as a youth player, but I wasn?t ready to play for the first-team, so I played matches with the youth side.

?Then RKC got promoted to the Eredivisie, but they didn?t have a second squad so I said to them ?if there?s no chance of playing in the first squad then I?ll go to another team to get minutes?.

?I went to Willem II in the Dutch First Division and I played in the second squad for them. After a year we became champions and I came back to RKC because they had a reserves team again.

?I did well in the reserves, I scored a lot of goals and was important to the squad. Then Erwin Koeman brought me into the first-team around the last six or seven matches.

?After that, I made my debut and then I scored in my first start. This year is my first year as a full senior player.?

Over the course of the campaign, the player has forced his way into the first-team. He has played a huge role in some of the most important games his side have played this season as they have taken points off of perennial giants Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV.

Holding Frank de Boer?s men to a goalless draw in Amsterdam was a particular highlight for Anderson. Apart from the excellent display, it made him a hero amongst his family, who all support Feyenoord.

?At home they are all Feyenoord fans so they were all happy that I did so well, but for me it was just a good experience because it was the biggest crowd I?ve ever played in front of and there was a great atmosphere. I think it was a great team performance and I had a great match myself.?

Only a few weeks later, the Waalwijk club came up against Feyenoord and, after 80 goalless minutes, the former Scotland youth player was brought on as RKC looked to steal a home win. With 30 seconds left in injury time, Anderson brought down a cross inside the box and squared to striker Aurelien Joachim who smashed it in to earn a vital three points.

?That was a great moment. I was hoping to start the game but I didn?t, so to come on and be important to the team was great and my brother and the rest of my family were so happy.

Anderson?s importance has only grown since that match. In December he scored both of his side?s goals in the 2-1 win over fellow relegation candidates ADO Den Haag. He opened the scoring early on, sending a header beyond Gino Coutinho. Then, with eight minutes left, he drifted quietly alongside Joachim to create space and latch onto a pass which he lifted expertly over the ADO goalkeeper to secure the points. His benefits to the team can take more subtle forms too, as he displayed in the 2-0 win over PSV. Anderson was there to keep the midfield ticking over as Evander Sno ran riot, with the former Celtic man scoring both goals in the Mandemakers Stadion.

Despite their excellent results against the league?s giants, RKC?s immediate future in the league is uncertain due to their erratic results as they find themselves in the league?s final relegation playoff spot.

However, Anderson has improved consistently over the course of the season and looks to be carving a bright career out for himself. The Eredivisie is a league famous for seeing young players develop and move onto bigger and better things, but the youngster admits he has a long way to go before he can think of making a step up. In many ways, RKC is the perfect club to allow him to blossom further. He has taken his chance in the first-team while Koeman and the players around him provide a nurturing environment.

?They?ve all been through some big things, [Romeo] Castelen and Sno played in the Champions League, Dennis Rommedahl, even though he?s injured, is a guy who has been through it all, also the captain, Sander Duits, tries to help me with stuff.

?For me it?s important to have players around me who can help you in some situations.

?I?m just happy to have a place in the team in the Eredivisie, I have a contract until 2015. I?m just trying to do my best for RKC. If I do well, we?ll see, but just now the focus is on RKC.?

If he continues to develop and improve at this rate in the Netherlands, Anderson will eventually make the step beyond RKC and it won?t be long before he gets the call from the Scotland national team too.

http://www.benefoot.net/kenny-anderson-the-nederlandse-leeuw-with-the-lion-rampant-on-his-heart/

I hope this lad is signing or this thread will not only be soul destroying but pointless too.

No offense to the op who I'm sure had no idea where this would go.

I saw Live Tv there and go excited in 90s nostalgia as to what this link might be.

Expected topless darts type post IMO.

18 month contract signed

If it's 18 month then I fail to see the point. If he's any good then he'll sign a pre-contract with some English team in 12 month time and he'll leave for nowt.

If it's 18 month then I fail to see the point. If he's any good then he'll sign a pre-contract with some English team in 12 month time and he'll leave for nowt.

Yeah because no good players have ever extended their contract with us. 18 months may suit both parties for now.

Jamboscanbevicius

What nonsense... was there no point in signing Buaben? Or Pallardo? Or Eckersley?

True. But none of this changes the fact that ultimately my opinion is based on performances seen with my own eyes this season. He's been very good in spells this season, and been very average in other spells. This in a league which is of a far poorer standard than any of us probably expected to the start.

Yesterday at Alloa was his best performance in weeks, and he wasn't exactly great.

Aye that di Maria is boaby and all according to his Man U performances, and falcao is an uninterested wage thief just like sow.

Seriously mate, have a word

Aye that di Maria is boaby and all according to his Man U performances, and falcao is an uninterested wage thief just like sow.

Seriously mate, have a word

Have no idea what you are talking about. Not sure you do either.

Have no idea what you are talking about. Not sure you do either.

Given that you are only judging players on their performances for the club you support, that could be Man Utd fans opinions of their signings .....

What nonsense... was there no point in signing Buaben? Or Pallardo? Or Eckersley?

They are the experienced pros to compliment our young team. Not players with a view to sell on. There might be an opinion to extend his contract I suppose.

Given that you are only judging players on their performances for the club you support, that could be Man Utd fans opinions of their signings .....

I've no idea what Man U fans think and frankly couldn't care less. And if you read what I've said at no point have I said Buaben has been crap this season. In fact, I've stated quite the opposite. He has been poor for a few weeks now and I have said on many occasions I haven't been impressed in the big games. He's been a very good signing. No question. But he ain't as wonderful as some seem to think, in my opinion.

Aye, so Kenny Anderson eh?

I'll wait for the Klaxon.

Need a number 10 player though!

I wonder if Levein has known of this lad since his time as Scotland mgr, given his background.

Archived