Kenny Anderson

Robert Polson

:rofl:

Mrowiec was murder, and I didn't rate Mehdi. But the others you mention have proven season after season they can play in the top league.

Buaben hasn't. If he had I'm sure Partick or Utd would have kept him.

So you're telling me Hamill and Black are better than Buaben because they've proven they can play in the SPL?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes the thought of fan ownership scares the living shit out of me.

:cornette:

Throughout history people have been scared of what they don't understand.

Where has this myth that Buaben (or Gomis) haven't proven themselves in the top division come from?

They were both regulars in the Dundee Utd team that finished 3rd, and won the cup in 09/10.

Aye but they only played well enough to get them both international caps and moves to top Championship clubs. We should be aiming higher. :laugh:

The Mighty Thor

Throughout history people have been scared of what they don't understand.

Quite. Hence the reason people tend to leave decision making to those with even the vaguest idea of what they're on about.

This thereby excludes the vast majority of bangers on here.

Clear as day IMO.

Wants Buaben replaced with a guid Scottish/Dutch/Indonesian laddie.

Racist.

You're out of order.

Quite. Hence the reason people tend to leave decision making to those with even the vaguest idea of what they're on about.

This thereby excludes the vast majority of bangers on here.

Most of them are alright really.  :rolleyes2:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't know why but looks like you have thoughts on it - care to share them with us?

I wonder why because I think he is a very good player for us

Where has this myth that Buaben (or Gomis) haven't proven themselves in the top division come from?

They were both regulars in the Dundee Utd team that finished 3rd, and won the cup in 09/10.

Released by Partick most recently would make me think "not proven".

At no point have I said he won't be good enough. I have some serious doubts which I've expressed for some time now.

So you're telling me Hamill and Black are better than Buaben because they've proven they can play in the SPL?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes.

On what basis are you saying Buaben is better?

Give me examples of his achievements for Hearts which compare to the track records of Black and Hamill. Should be easy enough for you to do.

He may well go on to be better than both, but on the evidence so far he's got work to do.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

At no point have I said he won't be good enough. I have some serious doubts which I've expressed for some time now.

Dundee United fans seem to think they were great together but not so good when one didn't play. That was a very good United side that pumped us regular when the standard was higher. They are both at a good age. I think you should trust our management who have done a superb job.

They will know when an upgrade is needed.

Good thing we never signed that shite Czech guy Rudi something that Utd released.

Dundee United fans seem to think they were great together but not so good when one didn't play. That was a very good United side that pumped us regular when the standard was higher. They are both at a good age. I think you should trust our management who have done a superb job.

They will know when an upgrade is needed.

I trust our mgmt. They've done an excellent job so far. I'm not convinced about the merits of giving Buaben a 3yr deal so early on though. I personally would have waited a bit longer. Craig and Robbie might have been concerned someone else would come in and snap him up though. Hope they are both proved very astute on this matter.

Good thing we never signed that shite Czech guy Rudi something that Utd released.

Why? Is that what I said? No. You are interpreting my words in a way that suits you. I am saying I'm not convinced he is what I would term a proven SPL player. Clearly Rudi was.

He might well go on to be excellent next season and beyond but from what I have seen he's got some improvement to make. Too slow, sloppy and casual at times and especially so in the last few matches. Was excellent for a period earlier in the season though.

Box to box midfielder

That would add another dimension to our play and sometimes has been the type of outlet we've lacked (lessened I would say when Pallardo plays). Interesting.

Why? Is that what I said? No. You are interpreting my words in a way that suits you. I am saying I'm not convinced he is what I would term a proven SPL player. Clearly Rudi was.

He might well go on to be excellent next season and beyond but from what I have seen he's got some improvement to make. Too slow, sloppy and casual at times and especially so in the last few matches. Was excellent for a period earlier in the season though.

Well explain to me how a player that was a stand out for Dundee United and earned international caps and even won a trophy there while earning a move to a top Championship side isn't proven in the SPL?

Bad moves happen, Prince was poor at Partick, Rudi was poor at United, Hartley was horrific at Hibs etc.

Well explain to me how a player that was a stand out for Dundee United and earned international caps and even won a trophy there while earning a move to a top Championship side isn't proven in the SPL?

Bad moves happen, Prince was poor at Partick, Rudi was poor at United, Hartley was horrific at Hibs etc.

Exactly. Absolutely bizzare stuff on here sometimes

True. But none of this changes the fact that ultimately my opinion is based on performances seen with my own eyes this season. He's been very good in spells this season, and been very average in other spells. This in a league which is of a far poorer standard than any of us probably expected to the start.

Yesterday at Alloa was his best performance in weeks, and he wasn't exactly great.

Why?

Cause most of our fans appear to be a*{{holes with a poor understanding of tactics, players and everything associated to football i would imagine.

See posters on this thread for examples.

I'm with him. 90% of fans in the stands are idiots. "Get it forward, booooo!!"

Maybe it's just 90% where you sit? This myth that everyone is shouting "get it forward" is comical. Having attended every match home and away this season I've either been very lucky, am very deaf, or it just doesn't happen.

Arnold Rothstein

Maybe it's just 90% where you sit? This myth that everyone is shouting "get it forward" is comical. Having attended every match home and away this season I've either been very lucky, am very deaf, or it just doesn't happen.

It happens. You must be very deaf.

JeanLouisValois84

I thought this was a thread about a potential new signing for us, instead I've just went through 3 pages of utter sh!+e. Prince is an integral part of our team and title charge, I'm glad Robbie picks the team. Some on here would still have Robinson as a starter :-O

Arnold Rothstein

By 90%?

Really?

Sorry, not having that at all.

No, obviously not. 90% are idiots though. I stand by that.

Nucky Thompson

It happens. You must be very deaf.

He must be. I hear constantly at Tynie. 'FFS Hertz get it up the park' 'Boooo, whit ur ye passing it aboot fir'

scott herbertson

90% of fans won't be running the show.

90% of company shareholders are probably *****holes too, but they don't run the company, they just elect the board at AGMs and the board selects the people who do the important jobs based on their qualifications and experience.

Wasn't he only on loan at Partick?

Buaben is a better player than Black.

Jesus christ I'm better than Blackie going on today's performance.

That said, some people on here need to get a grip. Prince like Gomis like Pallardo are integral parts of our successful team this season so far and are all accepted by the vast majority of Hearts fans as being very good players.

SO GET OVER IT!!!!

How has this thread about Kenny Anderson degenerated into an argument about Prince?

If he's a box to box midfielder then I'm excited to see what he can do. Exactly the type of player we could really benefit from having.

Cause most of our fans appear to be a*{{holes with a poor understanding of tactics, players and everything associated to football i would imagine.

See posters on this thread for examples.

You do know the fans won't have a say in tactics, line up, signings or any other football related business yeah?

If he's a box to box midfielder then I'm excited to see what he can do. Exactly the type of player we could really benefit from having.

And he can score a penalty as well, judging by the clip

I'm with him. 90% of fans in the stands are idiots. "Get it forward, booooo!!"

I think those who think fans will have a say in football matters are the idiots.

Arnold Rothstein

I think those who think fans will have a say in football matters are the idiots.

Cool. We're probably talking about the same people.

Prince has helped us to a big lead so far. He does seem to have tailed of a bit, since his new contract.

Love our midfield just now, Robbie and Craig spotted another from abroad? all our recent signings have done great so far.

None of our signings from overseas fear, or know anything about the Glasgow ugly sisters. #stroll #class 

You do know the fans won't have a say in tactics, line up, signings or any other football related business yeah?

WHAT?

You mean I've been duped?

That's the direct debit getting cancelled right now!

This, Spot on.

I am aware of this but if im honest fans making any decisions scares me business or otherwise. Noting people who feel they have a football knowledge i can only imagine what they feel they can contribute as an opinion on the business side as a fan owned club.

Anyway this potential signing appears promising.

Bauban is the most attacking of the three and the only player driving us forward last night. Be careful what you wish for...

Spot on.

Scored a raker of a first goal...

Only joking. I agree that he is good at pushing forward. If this boy is signing then I can only assume he knows he won't be a stick on for a starting place.

I know. Buaben better player than Ian Black. :lol:

Buaben's 16 points ahead of him in the league and has had him in the pocket at Ibrox and Tynecastle.

Black's far better though :lol:

Archived