Keatings should start ever week

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

Love Keatings goal today totally turned the defender inside out .He sent him to the shops and back  !   Great player for us and I hope he starts more games ! :rifle:  :rifle:

I know what you mean but Keatings might not fit in with the way Robbie wants us to play in certain games and so he'll be a substitute rather than a starter. It's similar with Pallardo as Robbie was saying he'd like to play him more but, regardless of his ability, he doesn't in with the system we play against certain opposition.

wattie exploited

I know what you mean but Keatings might not fit in with the way Robbie wants us to play in certain games and so he'll be a substitute rather than a starter. It's similar with Pallardo as Robbie was saying he'd like to play him more but, regardless of his ability, he doesn't in with the system we play against certain opposition.

Robbie know,s best so far lol ! :pleased:

Lets nail this now......its Keatsy :waiting:

So it was you who started the 'Jamma' nickname for our ex goalkeeper....

:seething:

Horses for courses but a Sow and Keatings partnership looks like our best attack. Just having Sow back is a massive boost to our attack though. Keatings benefited greatly from Sows hold play and passes.

I have said before sometimes a player comes along who takes you back I think we have robbo mark 2 if you asked the master himself he would agree we are blessed enjoy xxx

I like him. I also like the fact we have 3 strikers capable of starting every game, and even having back up on top of that!

Cast No Shadow

Of course he should, he's our top scorer and offers something different to Sow and Zeefuik.

He'll get about twenty for the season and finish as the leagues top scorer if he continues to play.

mahgrassyshoes

I like keatings a lot, but I still think the best potential partnership is Sow & Carrick. We planned to start the season with that (Carrick had earned it with his performances last year) and there were good signs. Hope he can get his fitness at raith then comeback and earn his spot.

Keatings is a good player, very good at the first time lay off, although I think he tries it too often. I think if he worked on knowing when to lay it off and when to hold it in he would make himself more undroppable. He's an excellent finisher and that is why he is our top scorer, but he has a selfish streak and I think that makes carrick more suited to the current style of play.

Carrick is never in a million years the finisher Keating's is. He is a grafter that is fast but not a Keating's for me

They're perfect for eachother I think. Keatings is the best finisher at the club and Carrick is one of our most important players on his day.

I don't know what "fitting in, in certain games" means in the championship?

Do other clubs leave out key players in certain

matches?

If he deserves to play then he should do so. You build a team around good strikers and get the best from them.

I'm all for including Keatings; great work rate and movement, and a decent finisher, as his goal today proved.  Didn't have his best game today however - first touch wasn't really there; basics.  Allowed an off-day (ish).  :D

LerwickJambo85

I think as long as we are playing two up top he should be one of them along with Sow/ZeeFuik . Him & Sow certainly seemed to link up really well last night eg. 2nd goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake Plissken

Lets nail this now......its Keatsy :waiting:

Just so long as idiots refrain from writing his name with a ****ing apostrophe :vrface:

His work rate and finishing means he should be an absolute certainty to start every game. If there's one player at the club you would back to stick a chance away then it's him.

For as much as I like Keatings, I think a fully fit and firing Carrick is edges it. But there is very little in it.

What a change from Csaba's first season when we had no strikers at all.

vlad on the tyne

Keatings for me has a natural stricker instinct and I'd also say he had more to his game than carrick. Keatings has been a tremendous signing and he will only get better imo.

matches?

If he deserves to play then he should do so. You build a team around good strikers and get the best from them.

I agree with this in terms of Championship games, but against Celtic in the SC, Keatings was lost against the bigger centre backs.

Granted, the red card early on meant there was little/no support for him getting forward.

Better opposition may mean a change of tactics but with 2 up front - he's a stick on starter in my opinion.

Two things, Keatings is a striker on form. He played well yesterday and scored a great goal, he should retain the jersey until something changes.

On Dale Carrick, let's remember he's been injured most of the season, I'm sure it wasn't just a "Kickback" thing that he was rated as he was scoring goals last season. Short memories on this thread.

Cracking player! Been a victim of having to play as a lone striker too much! Always looking to get a shot in! Will benefit greatly having sow or zee beside him without doubt!!

Cracking player! Been a victim of having to play as a lone striker too much! Always looking to get a shot in! Will benefit greatly having sow or zee beside him without doubt!!

Keatings is our top scorer so imo he has justified his place in the team. Even with Sow back I still think Keatings will finish our top scorer this season.

Keatings is our top scorer so imo he has justified his place in the team. Even with Sow back I still think Keatings will finish our top scorer this season.

I think they'll both get over the 15 goal mark come the end of the season, Zeefuik isn't our play and i think we should be focusing on our two main men

Players that run about a lot verses a lad who kens where the onion bag is. That's the internet for you.

maroonnicky63

well here we go again building a player up but as soon as he has a poor game , they call for his head. Lets see how long it takes.

Carrick still has a lot to prove imo. Hopefully he can start against Sevco in the cup next weekend.

If Keatings gets a run to the end of the season I can see him getting 20.

Folk bashing Carrick...

:facepalm:

Depends, which one would you have in what position.. Sow and Zeefuik up top with Keatings just behind? Sow behind and the other 2 up top? How would you work it?

I would prefer Carrick to Zeefuik as he can go out wide, as with Keatings and it would open up space for Sow.

Once again, one of those things that is probably best kept theoretical. Glad I'm not the one with the selection headache!

I'd have something like:

------------------Sow---------------

walker------Zeefuik---Keatings

--------Pallardo-----Gomis-------

Then the usual defence/keeper

Just let Keatings keep scoring. One goal every 2 games would give him a good return and I am sure he will get a few doubles, even hatricks

Goal was a beauty.  I believe he should start in the 2 Livingston games.

Would wager that he would score at least 4 if he played out both games.

bringonthesevco

matches?

No other teams don't swap their team / tactics around depending on who they are playing . That's one of the main reasons we're romping to the title .

wattie exploited

Goal was a beauty.  I believe he should start in the 2 Livingston games.

Would wager that he would score at least 4 if he played out both games.

:indeed:  :rifle:

Archived