The fortnightly drum thread

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Never started one of these before so I reckon its my turn.

Only heard him (on telly) before KO and until about the second goal. What happened after that? Was he ejected or did someone ram his sticks up his arse?

:2thumbsup:

Was right next to him and the group of lads today. He was there right up until full time. Only trying to create an atmosphere, I see no problem with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor FinnBarr

Was right next to him and the group of lads today. He was there right up until full time. Only trying to create an atmosphere, I see no problem with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just know he was involved in the 20.07 thread

billythejambo

I've supported heart all my fifty odd years and think the drums a singing section are great the atmosphere at games are push . Anything that will get people making noise and supporting their team is good by me . SING

stirlingshirejambo

You just know he was involved in the 20.07 thread

No he wasnt. Putting 2 and 2 together to come up with 5.

He was on our supporters bus but hey ho that element of truth won't suit your agenda

Doctor FinnBarr

No he wasnt. Putting 2 and 2 together to come up with 5.

He was on our supporters bus but hey ho that element of truth won't suit your agenda

Ok, I'll admit I was wrong.

Stood in front of them at game didn't bother me. At least they tried to create atmosphere,,, don't know what gripe some people have with it , when general opinion is that something needs done to improve atmosphere, especially at home games

I quite enjoyed IT as I have at all the away games this season. But then again I'm not a 40 something that likes to moan at anything.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Is the laddie with the drum not around 14 and 4 foot tall? I doubt anyone would be be bothered if he started on them.

Watched on Alba, if it wasn't for the 10 or so laddies who tag along with the drum laddie there would have been no atmosphere. Crowd was quiet tonight, well it came across like that on the tv

Stood in front of them at game didn't bother me. At least they tried to create atmosphere,,, don't know what gripe some people have with it , when general opinion is that something needs done to improve atmosphere, especially at home games

Agree. I am late fifties and can't fault the laddies. They created a bit of atmosphere and never stopped singing the whole game. Good on them. However, if they were involved in the sectarian rubbish later on...........not good!

This wee laddie and his pals are just what our game needs, the atmosphere these days at the fitbaw it piss poor and anyone who attempts to change it should be applauded.

I've a massive big drum in the garage, ill look it out for the Livy game and let you hear what a real drum sounds like. 

keep it up wee man.

avhudtheteeshirt

Bring back the School End brass band I say.

Na! Bring back the Sally Ann next to the tunnel that will give everyone something to moan about!!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's weird how some musical instruments are more fashionable than others. We'd be ****ing epic with a recorder, gazoo and maraca section.

It might help their cause a bit if the drummer and his mates sang hearts songs more. Half the time they were singing the type of crap that the Celtic "ultras" come out with. At Cowdenbeath earlier in the season hullo hullo was belted out a number of times. They're an embarrassment.

Straightfromtheheart

It might help their cause a bit if the drummer and his mates sang hearts songs more. Half the time they were singing the type of crap that the Celtic "ultras" come out with. At Cowdenbeath earlier in the season hullo hullo was belted out a number of times. They're an embarrassment.

do celtic ultras sing "Hullo Hullo"

I seen the young boys get on a supporters bus, stood beside them the whole game, no bother at all. The problem these youngsters had yesterday was the steaming old guy, hearts scarf as a hat, glasses stood next to them 2nd half and tried to start the old "party" songs. Young boys were harmless yesterday, not saying they haven't been guilty before!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I seen the young boys get on a supporters bus, stood beside them the whole game, no bother at all. The problem these youngsters had yesterday was the steaming old guy, hearts scarf as a hat, glasses stood next to them 2nd half and tried to start the old "party" songs. Young boys were harmless yesterday, not saying they haven't been guilty before!

This mysterious old guy keeps getting mentioned. Conjures up all kinds of images, not many of the good. :unsure:

Nelly Terraces

Was standing not too far from the group of lads who were singing throughout the entire game, and the boy with the drum - thought they did a great job creating a bit of atmos, and a few times had the rest of the support joining in. Didn't see a problem with it at all. Some people just like a whinge about anything.

People should keep off these guys backs, they're just young laddies trying to generate a bit of atmos - fair play to them, least they were at the match backing the team.

Really cant see why banging a drum singing a few songs creating a atmosphere at away games is wrong and for me im all for it , ok if sectarian songs are being sung that is wrong but i can honestly say bar the odd person trying to start one up and it never coming to much at home and away i dont think its a big problem within our support , what im more concerned about which i have said before is our lack of atmosphere at home games and apart from section g in the wheatfield and the bottom section of the old stand near the away end it is like a morgue at times , ffs it makes you wonder what some are all about on here ? has it never entered some of peoples thoughts that the players respond to a support thats creating a atmosphere and singing at the games ? ask any of the players and i would guarentee they would tell you they love it , surely has to be better than sitting there moaning your  ( . ) ( . ) of about who,s doing what wrong within the team . hey ho though only my opinion .

Brisbane_Jambo

A major gas leak would struggle to create a significant atmosphere at that stadium.

Strange you can bring a drum to a game, but not a bottle of juice. I don't think it adds much, and is brutal when hungover. But wouldn't have a go at anyone for trying to drum up some atmosphere.

Beyond caring now.

They're obviously going to do their own thing whether you complain or not.

Leave them to it.

Beyond caring now.

They're obviously going to do their own thing whether you complain or not.

Leave them to it.

... but stay as far away as possible

If folk genuinely cared that much they'd go speak to them about it.

It's annoying I agree but I don't really care that much that I'm going to constantly go on about it when they're going to do it regardless.

When they're a bit older and chasing birds they'll realise that taking a drum to a game isn't cool and it'll stop. :)

They were fine yesterday. My only criticism is that the constant drumming stops spontaneous songs.

I was happy for the drumming to give me an excuse to move my feet a bit to prevent frostbite.

Was standing not too far from the group of lads who were singing throughout the entire game, and the boy with the drum - thought they did a great job creating a bit of atmos, and a few times had the rest of the support joining in. Didn't see a problem with it at all. Some people just like a whinge about anything.

People should keep off these guys backs, they're just young laddies trying to generate a bit of atmos - fair play to them, least they were at the match backing the team.

Correct. And there's a growing number of us getting annoyed at them getting a hard time.

Correct. And there's a growing number of us getting annoyed at them getting a hard time.

Mr Angry on both sides of this debate then. :).

Personally I don't mind as long as it's not in the seats next to me.

Mr Angry on both sides of this debate then. :).

Personally I don't mind as long as it's not in the seats next to me.

Your showing your age...... Yep, it makes me so angry I could throw the phone down!!!

They are annoying me less and less these day. I just wish they would start singing songs that the rest of the crowd would join in with. They have 2 or 3 howlers that will NEVER catch on yet they continue anyway. As well as the inability to keep any time/rhythm despite having a drum, which I just can't understand.

They are annoying me less and less these day. I just wish they would start singing songs that the rest of the crowd would join in with. They have 2 or 3 howlers that will NEVER catch on yet they continue anyway. As well as the inability to keep any time/rhythm despite having a drum, which I just can't understand.

The usual Hearts songs are always covered during the game. Sometimes feel people are reluctant to join in cause the songs are being started by younger lads ?

The young lads did well yesterday, attended and supported their team through out the match, on a freezing day. I stood not too far from them behind the goal, and there was no sectarian songs coming from them. As Scott Wilson tells us every week "let's make some noise"

The young lads did well yesterday, attended and supported their team through out the match, on a freezing day. I stood not too far from them behind the goal, and there was no sectarian songs coming from them. As Scott Wilson tells us every week "let's make some noise"

They started hello hello and got shushed. 1-2 of them also sang **** the IRA and BJK.

Serge Pizzorno

They started hello hello and got shushed. 1-2 of them also sang **** the IRA and BJK.

they shushed themselves then cause I could see them booing and shushing when that started

Glad someone else heard it.

The wind must have silenced it for some people.

Archived