Pallardo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Should be an automatic starter at the moment and if Robbie wants to play two wide guys he should retain his place over one of Gomis or Prince (the latter for me). Cracking wee player who keeps the ball very well and looks to link play. Lovely technique and great striker of the ball. Bit of the Bruno Aguiar about him.

The importance of someone like that in front of the back 4 was there for all to see.

Great player.

He doesn't mess around. At times, some of our players are maybe guilty of taking a few two many touches and allowing themselves to get closed down.

With Pallardo, its always one/two touches and intelligent pass

That was the first time Pallardo, Gomis and Buaben really worked together as a midfield but Alloa made it easy with a lack of pressure during the game they had the freedom of the whole middle most of the time. Buaben didn't have a great game his first touch occasionally made me think he's found a decent dealer somewhere but he was OK. Gomis was surprisingly effective on the left and linked up really we'll with Eck. Pallardo was frightening today though. On that form he is unstoppable and can't go back to bench warming.

Absolutely fantastic display from Pallardo tonight. Ok it was only Alloa but his class shone through.

Exceptional, so composed and his awareness is top notch. Allowed Prince & Gomis freedom at times to press forward.

He's an absolute hero in the making. Impressed with him from his first game. He's an automatic starter for me.

A mate who's from Spain, supports Valencia,and he told me when we'd signed him he's good enough to be playing in the Premiership

No disrespect to us, but he's correct.

good player but don't think he is that good ....lacks pace to play in epl

Outstanding player. Would go as far as saying one of the best if not the best player in our team. Getting him signed up longer should be a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_razors_edge

How the **** did this guy end up with us?

:lol:

He probably asks himself the same question. On a serious note though he was excellent tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fantastic use of the ball, great balance, and just gets on with it. I hope he keeps his place for the run-in. A good starting 11 with a nice shape to it.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I know wikipedia is far from the font of all knowledge but if his career stats are correct, tonight's is only his third career goal.

Hard to believe with a strike like that!

Great player , incredible that a club in a better league never took a chance on him

Delighted about that tho :)

We were playing Alloa mind.

Good performance and result, especially after last weekend, but if he was good enough to play in the EPL, he'd be there.

Pallardo, Gomis and Prince have not played that well together of late and it has taken last weeks defeat for the team to realise that winning each game is a great feeling (as Walker alluded to in his alba interview).

So, yes Pallardo is a cracking find and worthy of keeping for next season without doubt... but next season we'll be playing the cr?me de la cr?me (ahem) of Scottish Football and so maybe we should wait to see how they fair against them?!

FWIW, I like him and Eckersley, Zeefuik etc... I wouldn't ship any out

All roads lead to Gorgie

The way he hit the shot reminded me of the way

John Colquhoun used to strick across the ball to carry it away from the goalie.

the lad oozes class and im glad we have him tied down until the end of next season. only concern would be losing him for nothing when the club could cash in on his quality.... like wise with Callum.P both could play in top championship sides hoping for PL football. 

Teuchterjambo

The guy is so far ahead in terms of his technique and all round ability that I just cannot see how we can hold onto him ... in the meantime we should just enjoy it and hope that Robbie does not let the fact that Pallardo is unlikley to be here next year influence his selection. The main thing is to get over the line first and then he will have the luxury of leaving him out if he wants.

The White Cockade

mom for me also

how long is his contract?

plays like that every week and here will be plenty of offers for him end of the season

sensational strike

scott herbertson

I know wikipedia is far from the font of all knowledge but if his career stats are correct, tonight's is only his third career goal.

Hard to believe with a strike like that!

Funy that because as he went to strike it the thought came to my head " go for it it's only the scottish second division"

If you look at the goalkeepers position I think a decent keeper would have stopped it. Maybe he can get some confidence from this because his technique is so good he should be passing it into the net

wattie exploited

i thought he was MOM .  He is so cool on the ball never seems to get flustered yep a great player hope we sign him on a longer deal  :clubbed:

Cast No Shadow

He should have been given a new deal until 2018, not Buaben.

We are lucky to have him and I really hope he signs a longer contract.

He should have been given a new deal until 2018, not Buaben.

We are lucky to have him and I really hope he signs a longer contract.

Erm, No to the first part. Yes to the second.

tartofmidlothian

A mate who's from Spain, supports Valencia,and he told me when we'd signed him he's good enough to be playing in the Premiership

No disrespect to us, but he's correct.

Scottish or English Premiership?

I thought he was good but Gomis was probably even better tonight. Right back to form after a run of poorish performances.

Gomis was certainly improved but still complacent at times and on another night would have been found out. Heading back in the right direction though, along with Prince (who I thought was immense).

Ozturk, Pallardo, Keatings - that's the core of the team for me.

When we first signed him I watched the video of him and said then that he is exactly the right player for the defensive mid field role. He get a foot in, has a good frost touch, good peripheral vision, cool and nearly always finds his man. I'd imagine his pass success rate would be in the 90% range. As other have said he is super cool on the ball and plays more often than not an out ball. I do hope we can keep him.

Punks No Deid

Anticipation n control was outstanding, top player. Reckon probably just shaded it for MOM although Jamie Walker & maybe Keats ran him close

jamboinglasgow

Still find it crazy we have him on our books in the Championship, would love to know what was said to him by Robbie and Levein that was prepared to go to 2nd tier Scottish football. Hopefully he believes what is being created here is going places and as long as we get promoted he will sign a new contract.

Thought he was excellent today. Seems to have loads of time on the ball. Positioning and reading of the game was excellent.

The Old Tolbooth

Pallardo should be the first name on the team sheet.

Exactly this! Said the same thing even before the game today and was delighted to see him starting, it's madness to think we have a player of his quality and he sometimes doesn't get a game! 

Archived