Fortitude

vegas-voss

What did jkb think of it then ?

I thought it was a really good start and like good mystery shows you really don't have a clue what's happening as its leading you in so many directions.Don't know how to use spoilers so don't want to say too much but will be interesting to see others views.

William H. Bonney

Yep, really enjoyed it. Not one character came across as honest which should make for an interesting show.

Yep, really enjoyed it. Not one character came across as honest which should make for an interesting show.

Aye there seems a hell of a lot of deceit amongst them.Probably the only honest one amongst them is now dead.

Watched it, Luke warm for me.

Much preferred the concept of Assention.

Hmmm I felt Ascension was far too tv feeling.I like stuff with a bit more grit to it.I do hope it gets a full series though but doubtful if it will but it ended well so hopefully it's done enough.

I liked it. Very atmospheric and ofcourse brilliant scenery and great cast. its promising.

Say What Again

Watched the first two last night  and am already pretty gripped to see what's going to happen. Hopefully there's a few twists along the way.

Are any of them faithful to their partners? :lol:

jack D and coke

Don't have Atlantic so is there any way I can download the whole series.

Certainly is if you know where to look. Torrents, nzbs, streaming sites all have it up.

Thought Eccleston would have lasted longer. :laugh:

Looks decent though.

Died of boredom i think.

promising first episode.

Second was a total non event.

Just watched the 1st episode.

Quite good although I've no idea what was going on.

I'll watch the 2nd later.

Only got round to watching the first episode last night.  A promising start made more enjoyable by my wife's furrowed brow of bafflement.  I suggested it looked as though it was going to be a wee bit more complex than her other Sky Atlantic favourite, Blue Bloods.

Fortitude is a slow burner so people need to give it a few episodes before they quit. Im enjoying it. Great cast scenery and script. It was interesting that they don't bury dead bodies there due to the temperature. ! Learn something every day

Fortitude is a slow burner so people need to give it a few episodes before they quit. Im enjoying it. Great cast scenery and script. It was interesting that they don't bury dead bodies there due to the temperature. ! Learn something every day

That's where I'm at. Episode two didn't progress things very much, but I still enjoyed watching it. Slowly getting to know who's who, and just about everyone looks as though they have some degree of dodginess.

That's where I'm at. Episode two didn't progress things very much, but I still enjoyed watching it. Slowly getting to know who's who, and just about everyone looks as though they have some degree of dodginess.

Yeah that's good. With any show it takes time for the viewers to settle into it. I usually give a new series about 4/5 episodes and then decide if its worth continuing. I like this shows leisurely pace and it think its similar to " Twin peaks"  but less bizarre.  I did watch two series of one show and then decided that's it ive had enough as I hated the characters ( Sons of anarchy) but it does seem to be popular with some people.

• 2 weeks later...
North Berwick Jambo

Quite enjoying this and looking forward to tonight's episode.

Disser Pointon

What is going on? Are the kids turning into some kind of zombies due to the "mammoth" carcass they found?

The creepy guy with the glasses feeding the fat girl up. :o

I'm hooked now.

Haven't watched last nights yet but we have no idea WTF is going on, as you say the dude with the specs is a nutcase!

Good episode last night revealing quite a bit more of what is happening but still leaving more question to as what has been said before on here wtf is going on.

North Berwick Jambo

Wtf?? That bit at the end with the fork was unexpected :)

niblick1874

Sorry, wrong thread. thought this was the QT thread. :toff:

last nights was amusing! didn't expect her to quite butcher the doctor with a fork or boke into her stomach and then patch it up again like nothing happened! What next, an alien baby for the doctor!? 

Obviously both murderers have been exposed to the mammoth carcase but Christ knows why it makes them do what they do

The girl who's on the run with her Dad has been exposed too, at the same time as the boy who killed the Scientist. Wonder why she's ok...for now. Yet her Dad's going downhill due to it.

Still not happy with the creepy teacher though.

Also, I think up 'till now, Stanley Tucci who plays Morton, has been excellent. Very good casting imo.

If forgotten about the girl. Did her dad cut his hand killing a bear or something that night when they slept in the tent and he said it was just reindeer outside?

Does anyone think the teacher knows more about the effects of exposure to the mammoth? I remember when he went at lengths to say how important his primary teaching job was, how he teaches all the sciences etc. he desperately didn't want to appear insignificant

Still no clue where this is heading,thoroughly enjoying it though

Aye definitely fits squarely nto the fu**ed up sh*t category.

Still no clue where this is heading,thoroughly enjoying it though

Starting to get bored with it,and just annoyed that nobody knows anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkf

Sexton Hardcastle

Caught up over past few nights. Different but good so far. Have they confirmed further series yet?

heartgarfunkel

Caught up over past few nights. Different but good so far. Have they confirmed further series yet?

Caught up on it too - fantastic bit of swearing when the beardy cop called Michael Gambon a ***** at the meeting

The fact that nobody seems to know what's going on and blaming each other makes it a bit intresting.

JudyJudyJudy

I literally had to look away when that overweight woman delved into the other woman with a kitchen fork.  What the hell is happening in this show? Its very bizarre

i suspect the dodgy baby reindeers are as a result of mummy reindeer grazing on land on or near where the mammoth carcass was found. 

The wee girl's dad, did he not touch the reindeer when sawing off the tusk therefore becoming exposed? Just waiting on him turning mental now.

On a side note, the blonde police officer (Ingredt? - yes please! 

I literally had to look away when that overweight woman delved into the other woman with a kitchen fork.  What the hell is happening in this show? Its very bizarre

Watched that episode last night.  Think I've got 2 still to watch?

It is quite a bizarre mix of crime thriller laced with supernatural undertones.  Sometimes think it's trying to be just a bit too bizarre?  I'm enjoying it, though, and it's stunningly shot.

I'll happily stick with it, though Mrs H is starting to lose interest after the fork 'n' boke scene!

It is quite a bizarre mix of crime thriller laced with supernatural undertones.

So, you reckon a ghost of Feargal Sharkey could be involved somehow?

:)

So, you reckon a ghost of Feargal Sharkey could be involved somehow?

:)

I see what you did there.

• 3 weeks later...
Jambof3tornado

Last episode soon. Wasnt sure how the series was going to go but its been rather good. Well acted and great locations.

Archived