Chelsea v Liverpool tonight

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Should be an exciting game given how last week's went, the results at the weekend and Sturridge's possible return.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

Should be an exciting game given how last week's went, the results at the weekend and Sturridge's possible return.

Chelsea should win this easily tnite, though no doubt it will be torture to watch given Mourinhos approach to the bigger games.

Say What Again

No point starting a new thread, but I see Bojan is out for the season.

Dull one for both him and Stoke. He'd hit a great bit of form.

Both teams probably see the league cup as an inconvenience in their bid to get to the Champions League.

Possibly at the start of the competition, but not when they're only one game away from the final.

I've got a feeling it might be an exciting, close encounter

For some reason Chelsea seem to be absolutely shite whenever I watch them. Same with Man City. They both tend to win with decent scores when I don't watch them and then lose and look awful when I do.

I prefer them to Liverpool so I hope they play better tonight.

I fear Liverpool should have humped them in the 1st leg and will rue this tonight, as long as Hazard scores anytime as I got an enhanced price of 3/1, 

The Old Tolbooth

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the missed chances in the first game, and Liverpool's inability to score more than one goal a game, coming back to haunt them tonight, as I fancy Chelsea to hit two or three, my prediction is 3-1 to Chelsea :( 

As I understand it the away goals rule is absolutely batshit mental from this year.

There are no away goals in normal time. The away goal rule only comes into effect in extra time. Now you would think that that would mean that any goals scored by the away team in extra time would 'count double'. Not the case. It's any away goals scored by either team over the course of the two legs which count double.

So, looking at tonight, th score could be 0-0 and the game goes to extra time. If it then finishes 0-0 in extra time then there are no penalties as Chelsea will go through on away goals.

As I understand it the away goals rule is absolutely batshit mental from this year.

There are no away goals in normal time. The away goal rule only comes into effect in extra time. Now you would think that that would mean that any goals scored by the away team in extra time would 'count double'. Not the case. It's any away goals scored by either team over the course of the two legs which count double.

So, looking at tonight, th score could be 0-0 and the game goes to extra time. If it then finishes 0-0 in extra time then there are no penalties as Chelsea will go through on away goals.

Obviously they don't want a tie settled on pens then, its a bit complicated though, either have away goals count as double or not, don't really understand the extra time thing

Liverpool looking comfortable and Chelsea yet to get going.

Emre behaving like a nutter

Edit - actually, the guy was rightly raging after Costa's snide, scummy step on his ankle. He really is a total knob.

Liverpool looking comfortable and Chelsea yet to get going.

Emre behaving like a nutter

Edit - actually, the guy was rightly raging after Costa's snide, scummy step on his ankle. He really is a total knob.

LOL.

Costa going to be in trouble for that , I wonder ?

LOL.

Costa going to be in trouble for that , I wonder ?

He seems to behave like a thug every week and never get called on it.

Great chance for Liverpool there. The Chelsea guy Kurt Zouma is fast as hell.

Zouma showing why Mourinho picked him ahead of Cahill

He did almost gift Liverpool a goal. Cat is right, if Sterling had looked up and squared the ball, Gerrard doesn't miss those.

Zouma showing why Mourinho picked him ahead of Cahill

Cahill is just another over rated English player.

Oscar will defo set one or 2 up tonight.  He looks so dangerous on the attack.  The space he finds is incredible.

The Old Tolbooth

Superb game so far just like the first leg, but Pool's shortness up front is costing them big time, 3 glorious chances to take the lead. 

Superb game so far just like the first leg, but Pool's shortness up front is costing them big time, 3 glorious chances to take the lead. 

Think that was more down to decent play by courtois, rather than liverpool fluffing the chances.

tartofmidlothian

Poor finishing is going to cost Liverpool.

Story of their season, they're a good team otherwise. They're relying on Sturridge coming back and being back to his best. Should be looking at signing a striker this week IMO. Balotelli, Borini and Lambert have no future there and they already have interest in Berahinho, for example.

The Old Tolbooth

Think that was more down to decent play by courtois, rather than liverpool fluffing the chances.

Yeah brilliant keeper, a better striker might have made sure that he wouldn't have gotten to at least one of those chances though, possibly 

Greedy from coutinho there aswell.  Think it was gerrard standing at the edge of the box acres of space waiting to let rip.

Morgaro Gomis

Liverpool seem to have one or two greedy *******s in their team - a number of times they've gotten into good areas before trying to walk it into the net themselves when good passes are available. Sterling and Coutinho being the worst culprits.

Maroon Sailor

0-0 HT

Chelsea should've had a penalty but Liverpool have had the best scoring chances

The ref, Costa and Courtois have been the most significant characters.

Costa should have been sent off in disgrace, then given a penalty and Courtois has been outstanding.

Could go either way as there's something not right about Chelsea up front and Liverpool look dangerous on the break.

Archived