H   571

J   436

Total 1007

Grand total 1125

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt we'll sell many more now.

The gloryhunters will disappear after Saturday.

bit unfair T, the "gloryhunters" have filled the Roseburn on most occasions this season and to be honest I can see more sell out signs going up as the league season goes on with possibly our lead being reduced and things becoming " abit twitchy"

Glory hunters or not sell out or not it wont affect the atmosphere any its like a morgue at times , seems there.s a better atmosphere at the away games and glory hunters in the roseburn cant get tickets for away games the biggest % of the time , ok i know the board are trying to turn the club to a family orientated club but regardless of it being a sell out i cant see affecting the atmosphere any so highlighting it makes not a jot on these fronts , ok i might get pelters for saying it but why hide from the facts and the truth ?

Glory hunters or not sell out or not it wont affect the atmosphere any its like a morgue at times , seems there.s a better atmosphere at the away games and glory hunters in the roseburn cant get tickets for away games the biggest % of the time , ok i know the board are trying to turn the club to a family orientated club but regardless of it being a sell out i cant see affecting the atmosphere any so highlighting it makes not a jot on these fronts , ok i might get pelters for saying it but why hide from the facts and the truth ?

Roseburn supporters are not glory hunters ffs.

They are providing much needed income and the extra money that was not accounted for was probably used to bring in Genero.

Roseburn supporters are not glory hunters ffs.

They are providing much needed income and the extra money that was not accounted for was probably used to bring in Genero.

Im not saying the roseburn stand supporters are glory hunters i have only highlighted what was posted before mines and said regardless of them being there or not sell out or not it will not change the atmosphere at Tynecasle , and i do agree with what you have said about much needed income .

Robert Polson

The Glory Hunters as use call them are returning to see Hearts after the Romanov era, after he sacked Burley it took me til now to watch Hearts

Roseburn fans are generally those that didn't buy season tickets due to work commitments or lack of cash. Fair play to all of them.

Doctor FinnBarr

Roseburn fans are generally those that didn't buy season tickets due to work commitments or lack of cash. Fair play to all of them.

I fall into both those, no cash last year for 2 STs and now we can afford it I've to work 5 from 7. Have made every home game apart from Cowden and the last H1b5 one.

Are you there to follow the team and watch football or for the 'atmosphere'? Atmos is a nice to have that's all.

I'm happy enough at the park watching the kids. I don't need a crowd of bellends singing tuneless dirges to enhance the experience.

Are you there to follow the team and watch football or for the 'atmosphere'? Atmos is a nice to have that's all.

I'm happy enough at the park watching the kids. I don't need a crowd of bellends singing tuneless dirges to enhance the experience.

Are you actually at the games ? because if you are you will know that the atmosphere at the games has been totally sh^^e at times and who says that everybody that sings in the crowd are a crowd of bellends it says alot on what you think of your fellow hearts fans eh ? and for your information i go to the games with my 3 boys all season ticket holders to watch the team and if the opportunity arrises sing to create a atmoshere and get behind the team and we are not bellends i have followed hearts through thick and thin so there no need for that pash , ffs by the sound of things you would be as well getting a beam back from tynie and just sit there with your pipe and slippers on watching .

Pretty much spot on where I am!! :P  The atmosphere is there when it is needed (eg Rangers at home was great) but Cowdenbeath/Dumbarton/whoeverelse at home?  Hmmm, I dont really need 90 minutes of sing-songs, I just need a victory and Ill go home happy :)  

Pretty much spot on where I am!! :P  The atmosphere is there when it is needed (eg Rangers at home was great) but Cowdenbeath/Dumbarton/whoeverelse at home?  Hmmm, I dont really need 90 minutes of sing-songs, I just need a victory and Ill go home happy :)

wishfull thinking if only , thats the point though its not there when it is needed a lot of the times and apart from any time they score a goal its like a morgue at times ? you here more coming from the away end at times ok its not a massive issue but is not a wee tad sad bearing in mind the numbers we have at games, or is the biggest % of our support now like the pipe and slipper brigade ? funny you never see much of that tpye at the away games .

bigis semiauskas

16000 hearts fans into say 13500 capacity of gorgie wheatfield and main stand..aye ok so someone's going to miss out and have to go in roseburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Glory Hunters as use call them are returning to see Hearts after the Romanov era, after he sacked Burley it took me til now to watch Hearts

Are you going to run away and hide again if budge ever sacks a league leading manager?

Fozzyonthefence

So what's your solution then?  Close the entire Roseburn stand and just have the other 3 open for all the PHM?  But the atmosphere would still be shite for a home game v Livi so does that not mean ST holders are failing to produce an atmosphere too?  By the way, we had 7,500 away fans at Livi - the atmosphere was still shite but we still won.  Which would you rather have -  3 points or a great atmosphere?  A bit of a Hoboesque losing Scottish Cup Final / winning singing type post imo.

Doctor FinnBarr

Its getting to be a lose lose situation for a lot of us with the limited away capacities in this division. Those with the most LPs rightly get first shout at away tickets but it also means that they're leaving the rest of us even further behind.

I don't have an answer but please don't class me or anyone else in the Roseburn as glory hunters.

The Treasurer

Why ?

Serious question.

If, as I'm sure you do, claim to be a Hearts fan, why has it taken almost 9 years for you to support your club just because they sacked a manager (who has since gone on to do feck all, but thats for a different thread).

I'm sure the "trauma" you felt back then was put aside for the cup finals of 2006 and 2012.

Its getting to be a lose lose situation for a lot of us with the limited away capacities in this division. Those with the most LPs rightly get first shout at away tickets but it also means that they're leaving the rest of us even further behind.

I don't have an answer but please don't class me or anyone else in the Roseburn as glory hunters.

Apart from Dumbarton, Hibs and Rangers, the other away games have went to general sale, there are still tickets left for Saturday at Alloa.

Not helpful to call those in any part of the ground glory hunters.

My view is:- Get those tickets bought & make the dot counters lives easier!

What could be more important....

The Treasurer

With a few exceptions we get the same, if not more allocation of tickets for away games in this division as we have done for years in the premiership.

It's just that, because the team are doing well, more fans (or gloryhunters) want to go to games. Those of us who have been following regularly in recent years quite rightly get first refusal on the tickets available.

If that means the "gap" in Lp's is growing then so be it.

I wish Budge had banned these kind of 'fans'.

i dont know if you have looked at the thread in full but i have already stated that i was not calling those in the roseburn stand glory hunters and was only highlighting what has been posted before mine i also agreed that it would help in being a much needed income also , i hope this clears that up although it wont change my opinion and views on the matter .

So what's your solution then?  Close the entire Roseburn stand and just have the other 3 open for all the PHM?  But the atmosphere would still be shite for a home game v Livi so does that not mean ST holders are failing to produce an atmosphere too?  By the way, we had 7,500 away fans at Livi - the atmosphere was still shite but we still won.  Which would you rather have -  3 points or a great atmosphere?  A bit of a Hoboesque losing Scottish Cup Final / winning singing type post imo.

ok budge and the board are trying to turn us into a family run club which is not a bad thing but should it affect the atmosphere that much im not so sure ? i honestly dont know what the answer is but i do find it strange going to away games and getting a far better atmosphere as to what we get at home games and when you put the % wise of fans against it for me it just makes no sense , and nobody has said close the roseburn stand i have already stated that it is a much needed income , and of course i would want the 3 points but i sure dont want to sit there like jack and victor or like a couple old fuddy duddies so to speak lol , now as for your bottom caption thats just pure pash . so maybe somebody on here can come up with a solution ?

I wish Budge had banned these kind of 'fans'.

we bit harsh i would say , not everybody can afford to buy or is in the postion to get a season ticket or go to every game for one reason or another  , so for me when they do go to games it is much needed income that the club is getting on top of the season ticket holders money and that surely has to be a plus not a negative , aye everybody to there own opinions right enough strange one though .

Are you actually at the games ? because if you are you will know that the atmosphere at the games has been totally sh^^e at times and who says that everybody that sings in the crowd are a crowd of bellends it says alot on what you think of your fellow hearts fans eh ? and for your information i go to the games with my 3 boys all season ticket holders to watch the team and if the opportunity arrises sing to create a atmoshere and get behind the team and we are not bellends i have followed hearts through thick and thin so there no need for that pash , ffs by the sound of things you would be as well getting a beam back from tynie and just sit there with your pipe and slippers on watching .

I watched 10 minutes of the Celtic game on Saturday before setting off for Tynie.

In that time there was a Celtic choral society singing some pish which started 'when I was young ...' over and over and over and over again  - and over and over again - ably supported by a sodding drum. They were flailing their arms and turning round to see how many admirers they had and whether the opposition fans were sufficiently wound up. They were NOT watching the fecking game!

If that's atmosphere you can ram it.

There needs to be a happy balance.

I am not one for singing & dancing, but do like to encourage the team. There were a few stony silences on Saturday, like other times at Tynecastle. I wonder if that has effect on players as the more the fans got anxious, the more Falkirk stepped up to the plate.

All fans are welcome, let's not get into idle chat about glory hunters. Unfortunately there has not been enough glory for me in 50+ years, but it will not stop me following "The Famous"

Back to the dot count, too many for me to count, i'll leave that in the capable hands of our experts :2thumbsup:

I watched 10 minutes of the Celtic game on Saturday before setting off for Tynie.

In that time there was a Celtic choral society singing some pish which started 'when I was young ...' over and over and over and over again  - and over and over again - ably supported by a sodding drum. They were flailing their arms and turning round to see how many admirers they had and whether the opposition fans were sufficiently wound up. They were NOT watching the fecking game!

If that's atmosphere you can ram it.

Nobody is saying that it has to be like that or suggested the atmosphere be like that but surely with nearly 16,ooo plus fans it could be a lot better than it is at times and is not sad that it is a better atmosphere at away games with not even a quarter of that support ? ffs by the sounds of it why dont we just sit there with our knitting as well if going on your asumptions is anything to go by .

Nobody is saying that it has to be like that or suggested the atmosphere be like that but surely with nearly 16,ooo plus fans it could be a lot better than it is at times and is not sad that it is a better atmosphere at away games with not even a quarter of that support ? ffs by the sounds of it why dont we just sit there with our knitting as well if going on your asumptions is anything to go by .

I know what you're saying mate. Of course It's always best to have a good atmosphere  but the thing about atmospheres is it's much better when it is spontaneous. The occasion or the play or the score drives up adrenalin levels and atmosphere 'happens'. If people try to manufacture it by singing songs they made up in their bedroom - or by bringing a sodding drum - it is doomed to failure.

we bit harsh i would say , not everybody can afford to buy or is in the postion to get a season ticket or go to every game for one reason or another , so for me when they do go to games it is much needed income that the club is getting on top of the season ticket holders money and that surely has to be a plus not a negative , aye everybody to there own opinions right enough strange one though .

Probably a good idea to read the post I was responding to before having a go.

The guy said he stopped going under Romanov after the Burley sacking. You're whole post has nothing to do with that I'm afraid.

Hackney Hearts

There are all sorts of reasons for people being in the Roseburn - certainly not all to do with 'glory hunting'. I was there on Saturday (K)...

I have an 800 mile round trip to Tynecastle, so haven't invested in a season ticket. Normally I get a ticket in the Wheatfield, but on this occasion didn't know until quite short notice whether I could make the trip, by which time the only seats left were in the Roseburn. To be honest, I was also quite keen to give it a go, having not sat there for a while. I've followed Hearts from Montrose to Mostar for nearly 45 years and went home and away every week through the darkest days. I like a bit of singing, but I'll admit I found myself isolated in that respect on Saturday. But then there were a couple of guys behind me who were speaking Dutch throughout the match...

Probably a good idea to read the post I was responding to before having a go.

The guy said he stopped going under Romanov after the Burley sacking. You're whole post has nothing to do with that I'm afraid.

i was responding to your post Chrambo that said " i wish budge had banned these kind of fans "" which i said was a bit harsh etc etc and in my view its tottally ott . hope that clears it up .

i was responding to your post Chrambo that said " i wish budge had banned these kind of fans "" which i said was a bit harsh etc etc and in my view its tottally ott . hope that clears it up .

Again, read the thread.

That post was in response to someone saying they stopped going because of Romanov. You started talking about people's financies which was nothing to do with my post or even the post I responded to.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Glory hunters? In the Championship? Aye right, I've had season tickets for a long time now, I prefer to say we have won back disenchanted fans with a feel good factor.

This sort of separatism belongs in Govan. Jog on uber fans

The Shed Floodlight

This is where i am at. I try and get along to all of them plus have been to hospitality twice already this season so the club is getting a fair wedge of my cash. Also a lot of the people i have seen around about me are their all the time. so more regulars that gloryhunters. Although i do see where The Treasurer is coming from as every club does have gloryhunters.   

Calling folks who are coming back to watch Hearts 'glory hunters' is well OTT. There is no glory in just watching second tier football, no matter how well the team is doing.

Folk should be happy that people ARE coming back to Tynecastle and supporting the team. Dismissing them an glory hunters is insulting and more likely to put people off. Supporters who are new, or not regulars, are less likely to join in with every ditty that is started and even less likely to do so if someone give them grief for not being there every week. A massive pat on the back to those who are there every week and support the team away as well, but lay off those who cannot so this for a variety of reasons.

Francis Albert

ok budge and the board are trying to turn us into a family run club which is not a bad thing but should it affect the atmosphere that much im not so sure ? i honestly dont know what the answer is but i do find it strange going to away games and getting a far better atmosphere as to what we get at home games and when you put the % wise of fans against it for me it just makes no sense , and nobody has said close the roseburn stand i have already stated that it is a much needed income , and of course i would want the 3 points but i sure dont want to sit there like jack and victor or like a couple old fuddy duddies so to speak lol , now as for your bottom caption thats just pure pash . so maybe somebody on here can come up with a solution ?

I don't know if you have attended many non-Hearts games but the phenomenon of away fans creating more "atmosphere" (ie making more organised noise) than home fans (both in away grounds and compared to the same travelling supporters in their home ground) is, if not universal, extremely common; indeed I'd say the norm.

Hey this is a dot count thread, no fur uberfans to spout their nonsense when they cant turn up for cup games................... :davebp:

I don't know if you have attended many non-Hearts games but the phenomenon of away fans creating more "atmosphere" (ie making more organised noise) than home fans (both in away grounds and compared to the same travelling supporters in their home ground) is, if not universal, extremely common; indeed I'd say the norm.

A home support should be able to create a atmosphere be at home or be away but when you have a crowd of 16,000 and the place is like a morgue at times and you go away from home with not even a quarter of that and its a better atmosphere theres something not  quite right ? can i also say this has been brought up on other forums and by other teams supporters in fact one of the teams we played just lately was even singing about it or slagging the home fans about it cant mind exactly who it was? ok it not a mass issue winning games is but im sorry to say i dont agree with your asumption as i have seen many games on tv in scotland and england and many other countries and i have been to games else were and the home fans are singing a plenty to create a atmosphere .

Are the Dot Counters on gardening leave? Two days since last count. Or is it one game at a time?

N     16

P      8

S      7
T     17

Total 48

V     3

Z     19

Total 22

A     15

B      6

E      4

F      2

G      8

Total 35

H  499

J   442

Total 941

Grand total 1046

mainstandjambo

N     16

P      8

S      7

T     17

Total 48

V     3

Z     19

Total 22

A     15

B      6

E      4

F      2

G      8

Total 35

H  499

J   442

Total 941

Grand total 1046

You and I must have done a count at the same time Jambali apart from J which I make is 400, I agree with your figures. My total came to 1003.

Thank you counters - the team works

Am I the only one who doesn't even know what the term "dot counters" mean?

Archived