Fernando Ricksen (donation link added)

The Great Khali

Excellent turn out from the fans, also well done to Celtic for donating cash as well, it shows that when it matters that vitriol can be forgotten between both sides of the Glasgow divide.

I dare say normal service will resume for next weekend .

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a horrible disease and it's such a shame to see the decline of someone who, not long ago, was so fit and athletic. Glad to see he got such a fantastic turnout and reception.

Really tough to watch that. I feel so sorry for him and his family but glad there was a big turnout for this event and I hope it gives him a big boost.

So sad watching that. Fantastic turnout though, over 40K at Ibrox today should make sure that all the charities involved get a decent wedge.

Blackford Hearts

With all the negativity between Hearts and Rangers from last week could we not do a JKB donation to the foundation?

I would be happy to start off with ?100.

It would be an excellent cause and show humanity for such a sad situation?

tartofmidlothian

Excellent turn out from the fans, also well done to Celtic for donating cash as well, it shows that when it matters that vitriol can be forgotten between both sides of the Glasgow divide.

I dare say normal service will resume for next weekend .

3k for a newspaper ad that might have been better put in a cheque to F. Ricksen. Just a thought.

Nice goal from Sheringham today. Anyone seen a report of the match? Be interesting to know who played.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2341989-teddy-sheringham-scores-outrageous-chip-in-fernando-ricksen-tribute-game

Found this list of players:

RANGERS SELECT

Gordon Durie

Michael Mols

Arthur Numan

Jorg Albertz

Bob Malcolm

Alex Rae

Thomas Buffel

Ronald de Boer

Bert Konterman

Marvin Andrews

Michael Ball

Peter Lovenkrands

Marco Negri

Nacho Novo

Stefan Klos

Barry Ferguson

Tugay Kerimoglu

Russell Latapy

Rino Gattuso

Andy Goram

FERNANDO?S ALL STARS

Ronald Waterreus

Dave Beasant

Teddy Sheringham

Darren Anderton

Matt le Tissier

Des Walker

Mark Falco

James Beattie

Kevin Hofland

Kiki Musampa

Denny Landzaat

Paul Bosvelt

Kenneth Perez

Pedro Ricksen

Gino Facenna

Rick Geenen

Evgeniy Levchenko

Bad idea watching that in the office.

Bloody awful stuff :(

Great turnout for him and good to see the Rangers fans putting all the shit to the side to get behind a good cause.

Heartbreaking to watch. Feel terrible for him, that must have been painful to go through a reminder of what his life used to be like.

Big courage and bravery to go out there. Delighted the fans and players turned up for him in support.

With all the negativity between Hearts and Rangers from last week could we not do a JKB donation to the foundation?

Think that would be a really nice touch and hopefully show that despite all the bickering some things really transcend football and it's rivalries

Sat in a queue waiting to load wiping tears from my eyes watching that. The guy in the truck next to me asked me if I was Ok so I showed him the video then he understood why I was in tears. It's a hard watch.

tartofmidlothian

Great idea.

Blackford Hearts

Great idea.

MODS what's best way to do this? Is there a JKB account to start payments with? If we pay as individual then we presumably could get the tax relief added.

Anybody seen the footage of him walking out before the start of his charity game today?

:sob:

Emosh.

Seen that earlier today, fair play to the rangers fans for turning out in such big numbers

Bit skint but would happily chuck a fiver in the pot. Some things are just more important than football. This is a great idea

I'd be happy to contribute too.

Hats off to rangers fans for the turn out. Really sad to see how ricksen is in the video and how quickly he's declined. Gutted for the guy.

Sawdust Caesar

That was a tough watch. I really feel for the guy.

Did I hear that McCoist was banned from attending due to the conditions of his gardening leave? Seems very petty.

Christ, what a bloody cruel disease. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how much he had deteriorated in such a short space of time. That video was truly heartbreaking.

Well done to the Rangers fans for turning out like that, you could see how much it meant to him. 

Did I hear that McCoist was banned from attending due to the conditions of his gardening leave? Seems very petty.

I'd heard that too. Seems pretty petty to me.

Fernando is only a few years older than me, it's just awful to see how devastating this disease is and it's only the start of his battle. So sad!

chester copperpot

Fernando is younger than me and it really hurt to watch that.

Always dreaded him being named on the teamsheet which was a huge compliment to him

3k for a newspaper ad that might have been better put in a cheque to F. Ricksen. Just a thought.

I agree 100% with your post, BUT unfortunately that was paid for by fans and not by the club .who as I say at least showed dignity in their response to this tragic occurence.

Watching that video was bloody humbling. What an awful condition to have thrust upon you at such a young age.

It certainly puts all my day to day problems into perspective.

Respect to the gers fans for such a fantastic attendance.

Paid on the 15th but I'd gladly chuck in a tenner if we were to do some sort of thing for that.

Blackford Hearts

Anyone know how I can do this? I can use a bank account of mine and post the details but would it be better if it went into a central account?

In response to the requests from members, we've opened a donation screen so that members can contribute to MND Scotland in acknowledgement of their respect and esteem for Fernando Ricksen.  The screen will be open for at least a week, possibly longer.  JKB will collect the donations in the first instance and then make a contribution.  JKB will cover any PayPal fees deducted from member contributions.

Please click on the Donate link just below the JKB logo near the top of the page, or click on the link below and follow the directions:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/donate/

Got to donate more than $13.95. What's that about ?

Oops, that was the setting we had for the previous donation, which was for the 5-1 book. 

It should be fixed now.

Dinnae get paid for a couple weeks. Hopefully it stays up for a bit longer, I'll gladly throw in some dosh when paid. Great idea JKB.

I have organised a charity eveny through my work for charities associated with MND. Very sad reading even if i never rated him as a player. Just wish him and his family all the best.

Archived