Hibs share plan falling apart?

Thomaso

'BuyHibs' have followed the lead of 'Hands on Hibs' and voiced their concerns over Petrie's cobbled together share con.

They have confirmed that during a meeting they had with Kenny MacAskill he seemingly stated "this is not a great deal but it is the only one on offer as this is the 'direction of travel that Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie have decided to go down" - so basically take it or leave it!

'BuyHibs' have also pointed out that Hibs may be BANK debt free, however they still have debt of ?10m owed the Holding Company and as they said "debt is debt and must be repaid".

This is going to be fun!

I've said before that these plans only really work when the club is in desperate need of fans' help, not when the club needs a wee boost to fund a new player or two.

There is not one single financial problem at hibs that cannot be solved by their fans actually turning up to watch games on a regular basis.

There is not one single financial problem at hibs that cannot be solved by their fans actually turning up to watch games on a regular basis.

But they do. Just not enough of them...They need to be filling the green elephant for every home game..

Hagar the Horrible

Its not just that, some were looking at the deal and did not want to give it to a foundation of hibs to they can buy some shares and be the ones who go to the AGM, they were just saying they would buy them themselves, but hit a snag, they needed signatures from 2 IFA's, advising on the investment first...no really? It is such a hassle it will put so many off, Its ok if you already have a broker, but for your average joe, who just wants to own a bit of your club, there are too many hoops to dive through

No comment from Servay, Cropleysaknob or Ballions (?) yet to guide to green goblins as to the way ahead. I'm Not surprised it's falling apart.

But they do. Just not enough of them...They need to be filling the green elephant for every home game..

I reckon another 3k on every home gate would be sufficient and there is no doubt they have a big enough fanbase to do that.

Unfortunately for them, the flair myth is so prevelant that most will not attend until the club returns to a style of playing and level of success that was only ever fleeting anyway.

Total lack of enthusiasm will see poor uptake. Fans complain about how the clubs run etc and criticise owners directors for not investing in the club but few will put money in themselves. This share deal is all smoke and mirrors and any cash raised will be used to fill funding gaps in short term.

Total lack of enthusiasm will see poor uptake. Fans complain about how the clubs run etc and criticise owners directors for not investing in the club but few will put money in themselves. This share deal is all smoke and mirrors and any cash raised will be used to fill funding gaps in short term.

'BuyHibs' and 'Hands on Hibs' have both come out today and told fans NOT to support this scheme - even the dafties are not going to buy into this.

Nucky Thompson

TEN MILLION DEBT???

They want to get themselves a wee Vlad.

:gok:

They owe it to themselves, it's a mortgage  :laugh4:  I love when things come back and bite them on the ass

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nice to see that welt Macaskill dragged into all of this. Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Administration is the way ahead.  

Hey Jimmy, how does it feel to be part of a fanbase who never back their club?

:jjyay:

Administration is the way ahead.  

ADMINISTRAT-SHUN....................oh the irony, the karma, the GIRUY.

'BuyHibs' have followed the lead of 'Hands on Hibs' and voiced their concerns over Petrie's cobbled together share con.

They have confirmed that during a meeting they had with Kenny MacAskill he seemingly stated "this is not a great deal but it is the only one on offer as this is the 'direction of travel that Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie have decided to go down" - so basically take it or leave it!

'BuyHibs' have also pointed out that Hibs may be BANK debt free, however they still have debt of ?10m owed the Holding Company and as they said "debt is debt and must be repaid".

This is going to be fun!

The word "con" may or may not be too far out.  Let's assume the share issue is successful and the fans own 51% of the shares.  Does that mean the fans control the club? I hae ma doots,

Just glance along the M8 and we see a man (Ashley) who owns <10% of the shares and by reason of his loans/rights etc controls Sevco (despite others having >90% of the shares).    That's just an opinion which is probably wrong because I'm sure the economists within their massive support will have considered factors like this.

With Falkirk being one of the better supported teams in the league and they can't break 10K for that one, then they are F51ked.  Maybe they should merge with Livvy!!!

Hey Jimmy, how does it feel to be part of a fanbase who never back their club?

:jjyay:

If we bump the creditors and debts by going into admin then I'm pretty sure the fans would come together to save the club as hearts fans did.

Did hearts fans back the club when pieman was in charge or was it only when there was no other option?

They cant get any more punters through the turnstiles not unless they let their muckers out of the sanitariums for the weekend,sell fester road and play at meadowbank full to capacity every game

Hibs don't have a big enough fan base to raise the money they need for fan ownership.

It is highly doubtful if they could get 8000 subscribers as we have done.

I've said before that these plans only really work when the club is in desperate need of fans' help, not when the club needs a wee boost to fund a new player or two.

Almost exactly what I was going to say so I stopped reading the thread there. Only thing I'd add is an example; this is their 500 Club.

If we bump the creditors and debts by going into admin then I'm pretty sure the fans would come together to save the club as hearts fans did.

Did hearts fans back the club when pieman was in charge or was it only when there was no other option?

the only thing is.....there aren't enough hobo fans to do it.......simples hhgh

It must take a lot of mental gymnastics on the part of hibs fans who claim that the clubs are a similar size when Hearts get almost twice their attendances.

The hibs fans are just a bunch of no show, apathetic arseholes.

No surprise that many of them are so enthusiastic about surprising 'bigger clubs' or Scotland.

According to most hibs fans at the end of last season there was no other option.  Funny how that passion has disintegrated now that it's time to stump up.

Neilson's Shank

Glasgow Rangers you let your club die has a rhyme to it

Hibees you have condemned your team to a period on a life support machine controlled by Sir T F does not have the same punch to it

With Falkirk being one of the better supported teams in the league and they can't break 10K for that one, then they are F51ked. Maybe they should merge with Livvy!!!

Alternatively, they could sell Easter Road, and ground share with Livingston. The capacity is certainly more than big enough. It would be big enough for them to play both their games there, on the same day, one after the other.

Its a massive put up or shut up from Farmer and Petrie.

If you want your club - you can have it - well some of it and on our terms and in STF's case he wants his cash back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As Nookie pointed out earlier, these issues require a cause and a dedicated fan base. I have no doubt Hibs have many dedicated fans, they would have to be eh, but not enough to make this a going concern. Petrie and Dempster are sitting back watching this unfold with cigars.

kingantti1874

You have bumped a state owned bank none the less out of significant funds

the only thing is.....there aren't enough hobo fans to do it.......simples hhgh

I'm pretty sure there would be if push came to shove. 

According to most hibs fans at the end of last season there was no other option.  Funny how that passion has disintegrated now that it's time to stump up.

Of course there is other options.

Hibs, unlike Hearts (through an administrator) have never said invest in the club or it will be liquidated.  When that time comes it can become a little more comparable. 

Nelly Terraces

Spineless, disorganised, and above all completely disloyal 'support'.

what a ****ing rabble that lot are.

They sicken me.

We did actually, via the '500 Club'.

You have bumped a state owned bank none the less out of significant funds

We have?  When did Hibernian Football Club bump a state owned bank?

p.s I wouldn't care if we did/do eventually if it turns out we become debt free overall.  Such as life/way football is going. 

Spineless, disorganised, and above all completely disloyal 'support'.

what a ****ing rabble that lot are.

They sicken me.

Wasn't Romanov the only show in town with many saying "what's the alternative?" for many years until push came to shove and Hearts where actually going down the tubes? 

The Shed Floodlight

Better get a bigger aquarium for Blowfish et al.  he will blow his top right off at this news.

Nice to see that welt Macaskill dragged into all of this. Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

Anything that trumpet Kenny MacKaskill touches, turns to rat sh1t.

Nelly Terraces

Wasn't Romanov the only show in town with many saying "what's the alternative?" for many years until push came to shove and Hearts where actually going down the tubes?

Sorry mush, I couldn't honestly couldn't give a flying duck about what you have to say about Heart of Midlothian FC, or any other subject for that matter.

Cheers.

We have?  When did Hibernian Football Club bump a state owned bank?

p.s I wouldn't care if we did/do eventually if it turns out we become debt free overall.  Such as life/way football is going. 

A bank where the major shareholder is the state has written off ?4.5m.

That's more than Hearts external debt write off.  By over 25%

Archived