ABERDEEN

crichiejambos

I can't believe anyone would want Celtic to win it. Aberdeen winning it, and us winning the championship would be brilliant for scottish football. A shot in the arm it needs.

Any financial damage that can be done to the Old Firm is a good thing in my books. Not sure that Aberdeen can keep their running going, but we've been hearing that about us all season.

Hearts and Aberdeen double, yes please.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
way out west jambo

Aberdeen win the league & Hearts win the Championship. Ugly sisters win nowt. Can only be a good thing. Hopefully make people realise there are more than 2 teams in Scotland.

Nail on the head!!!!

Look at what has happened to rangers since we beat them to 2nd 2006. Yeah the impending doom that followed was obviously not as a direct result of us finishing 2nd but am pretty sure we nudged the enivitable further forward. Rangers lost out on the biggest prize fund Scotland had ever received if memory serves me well, 20 million Celtic pocketed due to us failing to qualify, that could be way wrong but that's how I remember it.

If Aberdeen won the league and rangers never went up, Celtic and rangers would hit the panic button and the SPFL would have a serious problem on their hands. Falling crowds at Celtic park and ibrox, no European football at Celtic and no old firm games. As much as they spout out the tag line "Scotland needs a competitive league" everything is set up here for the exact opposite.

I would love Aberdeen, hearts, hibs, Dundee United etc to challenge and potentially win the league. It would do wonders for the game up here but sadly, in my opinion, it will never happen unless we had a total wipeout from SPFL boardroom to ex old firm sympathisers and beyond to media broadcasters.

Aberdeen win the league & Hearts win the Championship. Ugly sisters win nowt. Can only be a good thing. Hopefully make people realise there are more than 2 teams in Scotland.

Aye, but the media wouldn't see it like that, they would see it as a decline in our game because a teams outwith the OF won the league.

If that happened in England, it would be all the chat of the greatest league in the world bla bla bla.

It's a mentality in the Scottish media that needs to change.

Good luck to Aberdeen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I know a couple of Aberdeen fans who are desperate for us to win the Championship over Rangers. And likewise I would love to see them win the Premiership over Celtic.

Anyone on here that would rather Celtic win the league is just coming across as bitter. And those same people will be moaning about the stranglehold Celtic hold over everyone else next season.

scots civil war

it beggars belief that septic are allowed to head off to gran canaria for a diddy tournament

whilst every opponent of theirs stay here to grind it out in the weather that we are experiencing at the moment

wouldnt be surprised if dungcaster,mcglennan and co were all up the back of the flight heading over n all

sickening inequality right there,Wxxxxxx !!!!!!!!

personally would love any of the northern mob to gub them to the post

Because if it's going to be anyone other than the Old Firm it should be us.

This. The first team to win the league out with the old firm is a big deal. I want that big deal to be us

BRAVEHEART1874

The fact that Aberdeen have not played us is why they are top ;) if they win and we go up and sevco f the play offs to hibs then happy days for Scottish football :)

If , and it is still a big if, Aberdeen do win the league will the supporters of the Govan team become their friends because it would prevent 10 in a row for at least another 10 years?

edited due to inability to type today

Aberdeen winning it would be fantastic not only for the GIRFUY to Celtic, but also looking forward to next season.

Assuming we go up, we would have 4 teams with ambitions to finish high up in the league. A weakened Celtic, Dundee United who are always up there, Aberdeen who will have just come off the back of a league win and the financial reward with that, and ourselves. Arguably Hamilton given their outstanding performances this season, although the departure of Neil may be detrimental. Sponsorship would definitely come and it would, in theory, be the most competitive premier league in a decade or so.

I'll be looking out for Aberdeen for the remainder of the season, and despite people suggesting they will fall away, their form suggests otherwise: 8 consecutive wins while conceding no goals is incredible form. If that shoe was on Celtic's foot, everyone would be declaring the league over.

Aye, but the media wouldn't see it like that, they would see it as a decline in our game because a teams outwith the OF won the league.

If that happened in England, it would be all the chat of the greatest league in the world bla bla bla.

It's a mentality in the Scottish media that needs to change.

Good luck to Aberdeen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Totally agree. The Weegia would go into melt down over how the Scottish game is dying because Celtic didn't win the treble & Rangers are still in the championship. That needs to change. The only way I see that happening is other clubs consistently winning the trophies, and that could start this season.

I know there is is a long way to go, and it won't happen but! If the impossible was to happen and Aberdeen were to go the distance and win the league,would it be a bad thing for scottish football in general! Ok it would be a one off and normal service would resumed next season,but a change would surely be welcome! Now I know first hand what like it is to suffer a successful Aberdeen team I'm based in the north east and if there is any hint of a winning team they are totally up themselves, wittering on about the Fergie years and o that guff,but a change would surely be a benefit! Maybe the Glasgow media would no be o that pleased,we us no reading the script in the championship and Aberdeen being a pain,but surely a change is needed!

If the Sheep were to win the league, then I'd never hear the end of it :( I have a mate who's from up there and I'm sure he will be delighted to let me know all about it. So based on that I am routing on ICT 

if Aberdeen don't do it and Rangers come up then we might end up facing another 20-30 years of those two going head to head for the detriment of all others

Another reason why I want Hibs to go up next season.

The others being I want derbies and the club needs the money.

Any team out with the old firm and hibs would suit me especially in a season when we can't win it anyway

My only interest in the SPL is hoping Aberdeen keep winning

Celtic Park is half empty unless it's Champ League, without that crowd and the money they get from it we will enter a much more competitive SPL next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been a constant point of debate lately.

Can`t remember word for word my feelings on another thread but unless there is a clear signal the wind of change is happening in scottish football for the long term , i don`t want that shower to win it, Celtic neither but them winning it hardly registers as they`ve won that many.

There`s a good chance that if they won it , it would probably be a flash in the pan.  Aberdeen are our closest rivals in terms of trophies and to want them to go ahead in titles is baffling?

As others have said it has to be Hearts when we are in the spl. I don`t see why people would be happy for any other team to win the league just because it gets it up Celtic?  I don`t see personal satisfaction in that unless its Hearts? 

Hearts have largely been at the forefront of challenging the OF out of the other clubs for nigh on 20 plus years , Aberdeen have been nowhere since their last challenge in the early 90s. For them to spring out and win the league would be bewildering.

Give me Dundee Utd, Hamilton or some other club but not a rival like Aberdeen.  

It's not that I want celtic to win, I just cannot stand Aberdeen. I wouldn't mind if anyone else up the top of that league won, just not Celtic or Aberdeen.

A successful Aberdeen wouldn't automatically mean a reduction in attendances at Parkhead. I think the one horse race scenario is the biggest factor in their supporters staying away. If Aberdeen and United can continue their title challenge, gates will increase at all three grounds.

A successful Aberdeen wouldn't automatically mean a reduction in attendances at Parkhead. I think the one horse race scenario is the biggest factor in their supporters staying away. If Aberdeen and United can continue their title challenge, gates will increase at all three grounds.

It will restrict their recruitment pool though as they wouldn't be able to sell the opportunity of a shot at the Champons League every year

I know it won't happen but would prefer to see an excellent 2nd half of the season for Dundee Utd and it finishing Utd, Sheep, Celtic and a brucy bonus of St Mirren getting relegated also wouln't mind watching Dundee finish 2nd bottom then scrape the playoff against Hibs with a last minute goal from the lad Harris they loaned up a division!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

The tears from their cretinous fans when this collapses in the next few months will be GLORIOUS.

kingantti1874

Would like to see another team win it but not sure about the sheep, it took us so long to overhaul them in the trophy stakes and we've already fallen behind again since 2012..

Dufc for me

If they're ahead of us on trophies, why does one more make a difference?

To be fair, a third of our honours were won before Aberdeen even existed, seems a pointless c**k measuring contest that only Hearts fans ever get involved in.

The White Cockade

Would be great for Aberdeen or United to win the league

It makes the SPL a joke league when we only ever have the two winners

Scottish football will never amount to anything until the OF Monopoly is broken for good

Having said that Celtic will most likely win it

crichiejambos

C#$k measuring exercise!!! Long as the guy fae last weeks channel 4 programme, undateables is no an Aberdeen fan,then happy days! If he is,game over!!!!

Dagger Is Back

Would be hard to see anyone else bar us win it but come on the Dons.

The seethe amongst the hordes would be delicious.

Aberdeen to win the Premiership

Hearts to win the Championship

Rangers fail to gain promotion

Celtic miss out on CL and OF revenues

The financial advantage Celtic hold over other clubs narrows

This allows for an even more competitive Premiership next season

kingantti1874

If they're ahead of us on trophies, why does one more make a difference?

To be fair, a third of our honours were won before Aberdeen even existed, seems a pointless c**k measuring contest that only Hearts fans ever get involved in.

:lol: what a load of shite.. Every team measures their historical place by trophies, attendances, head to head records and league placings - right now the sheep are ahead on the first count, you can say we existed before the sheep but then you could say Aberdeen were a nothing club before Ferguson and have been a nothing club since..

Of course it matters.. That said I'd still like them to win it over the tick but I'd prefer it to be united, plus United fans are nowhere near as arseholish

it beggars belief that septic are allowed to head off to gran canaria for a diddy tournament

whilst every opponent of theirs stay here to grind it out in the weather that we are experiencing at the moment

wouldnt be surprised if dungcaster,mcglennan and co were all up the back of the flight heading over n all

sickening inequality right there,Wxxxxxx !!!!!!!!

personally would love any of the northern mob to gub them to the post

Any Premiership team were eligible for this opt out.

Back on topic...sheep to win it every day of the week over the green menace.

Living In Aberdeen,If they won the League,I would never hear the end of It.It's a pity Dundee United could not hit a run of form and join them at the top.I hate Celtic with a passion,so I guess I'm In a no win situation.

:lol: what a load of shite.. Every team measures their historical place by trophies, attendances, head to head records and league placings - right now the sheep are ahead on the first count, you can say we existed before the sheep but then you could say Aberdeen were a nothing club before Ferguson and have been a nothing club since..

Of course it matters.. That said I'd still like them to win it over the tick but I'd prefer it to be united, plus United fans are nowhere near as arseholish

Personally I've never looked at such stats and couldn't give a toss how many trophies Aberdeen have won; majority of which would have been before I was born.

The old third force debate was never based on 100 year histories and is a shan debate in any case.

Now there is a genuine potential of ending the boring age of OF dominance. Imagine instead having a debate about who is currently the FIRST force in Scottish football.

Anything that can help in ridding Scottish football of this plague is welcomed by me.

I would be delighted if any team (apart from the bitters) beat Celtic to the title.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't like United but good to see that overrated shite get beaten.

For some reason I don't mind United. Their fans seem pretty sound and I love the fact they hate the Old Firm so much.

For some reason I don't mind United. Their fans seem pretty sound and I love the fact they hate the Old Firm so much.

This.  :2thumbsup:

The Sheep out the cup.  :pleasingao:

This. Don't mind United, have brought some great players through to the game in the last few years, and fans aren't as arrogant like past glory loving Aberdeen fans. DELIGHTED they got knocked out :2thumbsup: more than I was expecting to be!

Archived