gary oliver

thehibsaregay

Gives a bit of cover up front.

I don't think the young lad Buchanan is quite ready just yet.

We have Keatings, Carrick, El Hass and Oliver for the weekend. Sow injured.

Jambof3tornado

I do think he'll go back out on loan until summer. definately one for the future.

Nah. Oliver to stay with Buchanan to go out on loan.

I do think he'll go back out on loan until summer. definately one for the future.

Nope - I think Oliver is definitely in Robbie's plan. Maybe not a first choice but defo on the bench.

Something tells me that big Sow is going to be out a lot longer than we think.

Oliver back from his loan spell early, Carrick is back fit again and CL and RN have been in the papers saying that they are looking to sign a striker in January.

loveofthegame

I've always been impressed with Oliver, a real eye for goal as the cliche goes.

Maybe too early for him this season with Carrick coming back but I'd def give him another year at least (pretty sure his contract expires in summer).

Footballfirst

I have no inside knowledge, but it could be a precursor to a number of moves in and out of the club from the top of the Academy structure and the U20s.  We know that the current crop of U20s haven't fared particularly well this season. The U17s are now in a competitive league, where only three subs are allowed.  That means fewer opportunities and the likelihood that a number of players will be released and new faces brought in.  It is normal for academy players to be released at this time of year as we go into the winter break.

The U20s also have a few weeks off (Monday's game against Hibs has been postponed) and it could be that some may be given the opportunity to leave.

Gary is still eligible as an U20 so I'd expect that he will primarily be fielded in that side in the new year.

With 3 games in the next 8 days it makes sense to get him back now in case we have any injuries...he may well get some game time in the next 3 games too.

The U20s also have a few weeks off (Monday's game against Hibs has been postponed) and it could be that some may be given the opportunity to leave.

FF - the opportunity to leave on loan or leave the club ?

Glad to see Oliver back, like him as a player, hopefully get plenty opportunities to shine.

Footballfirst

FF - the opportunity to leave on loan or leave the club ?

Glad to see Oliver back, like him as a player, hopefully get plenty opportunities to shine.

If we have players who aren't going to make the grade, then there is little value in keeping them at the club. That's the bottom line.

Sorry, forgive my ignorance, but how did you come to this conclusion?

Its a flesh eating disease, he is joshing

I watched Carrick train with Gomis, McKay, Robinson and the keepers the day after the QOTS game and when the guys who had played in that game did a recovery session. Carrick was doing the same work as Gomis, etc so unless he had a setback in training over the past 2 weeks he can't be far away from playing again.

maroonnicky63

Something tells me that big Sow is going to be out a lot longer than we think.

Oliver back from his loan spell early, Carrick is back fit again and CL and RN have been in the papers saying that they are looking to sign a striker in January.

carrick is not fit

carrick is not fit

Source? Maybe not match fit but see post above, definitely doing full training sessions

Not sure he got a kick of the ball in his 7 or so minutes. 

Looked sharp and 'edgy' as always though. Good to see him back. 

fabienleclerq

I just Google Imaged that. Christ almighty.

After you typing this I had to look, not going to thank you.

pettigrewsstylist

Could be massive time for the lad

Only really him and Keating as outright strikers currently fit and able to start

Archived