Pallardo, Gomis and Prince

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Need a fourth midfielder with more creativity and cutting edge (more like Cameron, Hartley, Fulton, Aguiar and Skacel) as an option to be confident of having a really effective SPL midfield. Prince has done that on occasion but not sure that's really part of his game or if it's the weakness of the opposition. I still hope Holt can do that job. Don't think we'd get many thumpings with those three in the middle though.

Yea i was gonna say, Jason Holt will tell you he is the man for that job and I think he can be. 

Its so good to have central midfielders who can contribute goals from open play, in Holt and Buaben. It was what you never got from some of our previous central midfielders. Even if ball retention was good they had no threat going forward which mean Stevo was left to carry the burden for all goals along with the young wide players. Having players like Buaben, King, Walker, Ozturk, Wilson, even Eckersley and McHattie chipping in goals makes a huge difference. 

Jambof3tornado

*whispered*

I think El Hass is a potential goal scoring midfielder...

:unsure:

Very much this. A no10 more than an out and out striker. Needs to learn to cope with the physical side of our scottish game but he has shown glimpses of what he can do.

If hearts fans genuinely can't see that each of prince, Gomis and Pallardo are above championship standard, indeed aren't top 6 SPL level then I give up with you.

Jesus. Dundee Utd weren't out of the top 6 with Gomis and Buaben in their team and Pallardo held his own in La Liga.

Jesus Christ.

Fabien got it spot on. That 3 in midfield allows us to have an attacking 6. Yes 6 properly attacking players. Maybe even 7 if prince joins in.

Also, how many SPL teams could regularly put 3,4 and 5 goals past Championship teams? By regularly I mean 3 out of every 4 games. Because from what I see in the cups none of them can.

Sometimes I think Prince should play a bit more advanced, although he is a workhorse and does a good job tracking back and blocking too. I still think we miss that no.10 door opener, however Prince and Gomis are more than good enough for this division to see us win alot of games. Still haven't seen enough of Pallardo to fully judge.

fabienleclerq

Very much this. A no10 more than an out and out striker. Needs to learn to cope with the physical side of our scottish game but he has shown glimpses of what he can do.

I don't think he has struggled with the physical bits, he's certainly a strong laddie. I think it's his concentration that's let him down, he loses the ball more than anyone else with either slack passes or trying a flick on when it's not on. We've defo not seen his best yet.

Jambof3tornado

I don't think he has struggled with the physical bits, he's certainly a strong laddie. I think it's his concentration that's let him down, he loses the ball more than anyone else with either slack passes or trying a flick on when it's not on. We've defo not seen his best yet.

He was kicked about the pitch at falkirk and didnt handle it well at all.

Plenty more to come from him. He has an eye for a pass and an excellent reading of attacking situations if he gets enough time to build onfield relationships with settled strikers(although injury has limited any striker becoming settled!!).

There is not much difference in levels between this years Premiership and this years Championship

Need to disagree mate take just the sheep and Arabs for a start. Their midfields are stronger than anything in our league

I don't think there's much difference between the bulk of this years Premiership and the top of the Championship, but I agree with Clerry that there is a bit of jump once you look at Utd and Aberdeen.  I think our current squad could be competing for top 6 in this season's Premiership, but not top 3.

I think Pallardo and Gomis doing the sitting with Prince being the attacking midfielder has a lot of potential.

I don't think we've seen Prince in that role enough to fully judge though.

Archived