Pallardo, Gomis and Prince

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Potentially a trophy winning midfield that, I reckon. Don't just mean the Championship either. If we extend Pallardo's deal, I can see the three of them being mentioned in discussions about best midfield of your time watching Hearts threads, alongside Salvarori, Fulton, Cameron, Brellier, Hartley Skacel etc.

If we do tie down Pallardo, I can see us going places.

It's got the basis of a very good engine room indeed but I would need to see them play at the top level over the course of a season to compare against previous teams

Jambof3tornado

I'd hope that the three of them can do a great deal in assisting to develop young talent too. Massively important players to us,not just this year but next year and beyond too.

Sounds good to me.

I still don't think we've seen the best of them collectively.  Still settling in together and showing terrific promise.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's got the basis of a very good engine room indeed but I would need to see them play at the top level over the course of a season to compare against previous teams

Oh, that's a given mate. Definitely. They just look like a balanced and complete unit to me. If we get them all tied down, I think they will be remembered in similar terms as some of the guys I mentioned.

Oh, that's a given mate. Definitely. They just look like a balanced and complete unit to me. If we get them all tied down, I think they will be remembered in similar terms as some of the guys I mentioned.

What has surprised me to a degree is Bauben's eye furra goal. Thought he would be just a sitter generally but he has the ability to make runs into the box and finish.

Nucky Thompson

There is not much difference in levels between this years Premiership and this years Championship

There is not much difference in levels between this years Premiership and this years Championship

Need to disagree mate take just the sheep and Arabs for a start. Their midfields are stronger than anything in our league

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What has surprised me to a degree is Bauben's eye furra goal. Thought he would be just a sitter generally but he has the ability to make runs into the box and finish.

I always remembered him as the more forward thinking of the two UTD boys. I think our style of play just allows him to venture forward more often because we have proper coaching and make sure someone covers a man's position when he goes on a solo. I like the way the players know to cover each other.

Gene Parmesan

Very much agreed.

But we'll need depth. If Holt is for the off he needs a good replacement who can chip in with goals. Robinson can deputise in a deep role when needed. Probably too early for Beith and McKirdy, so possibly need another player as cover for next season?

William H. Bonney

I like the op but I feel he's jumping the gun a bit. We are playing teams even Gary locke's hearts would have pumped. Next year is the litmus test.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I like the op but I feel he's jumping the gun a bit. We are playing teams even Gary locke's hearts would have pumped. Next year is the litmus test.

I'm totally speculating, based upon what I think I see in the fledgling relationship between the three. I am jumping the gun, but I just think they look like covering all the bases that you would want covered by a midfield unit, and that it does remind me of previous midfield units at the club who have been very successful. Fair comment though. :thumbsup:

Their play is too similar for what the OP is suggesting. We can't accomodate all 3 in a starting 11 against stonger teams. 

Excellent to have all 3 in the squad though along with Scotty Rob and JH. 

The 3 of them appear to be top class but they lack goals compared to the other groupings in the OP.

But to even be compared with the other 2, both cup winning midfields, while we're in the Championship is a massive achievement.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Their play is too similar for what the OP is suggesting. We can't accomodate all 3 in a starting 11 against stonger teams.

I don't think that's the case, tbh.

Pallardo is clearly a very defensive player, who very usefully is able to pass a ball very, unlike previous spoiler types like Mrowiek. I'd compare him more with Salvarori if I was going by my own recollections. Brellier maybe just now, but his pedigree is certainly there for all to peruse, and Salvarori must surely be the benchmark for my time as a supporter.

Gomis is very Fultonesque imo. Collect-pass-move-receive-pass. My favourite current Hearts player.

Prince could be a really forward thinking player if he has a solid base behind him which Pallardo and Gomis would hint at providing.

When I compare them to these great players of previous seasons, I'm not trying to suggest they are carbon copies, because no two players are really the same and it's more to do with ensuring that all the bases are covered, not that your #8 can only tackle or your #10 is a roving maestro like Cameron. As long as the movement and ability is there, it doesn't matter who is the passer, who is the tackler and who is the overlapper.

I think this particular trio cover all the jobs that need doing, and that alongside good wingers, defenders and forwards, we will reap some benefits in terms of metal objects in the cabinet.

Pallardo is clearly a very defensive player, who very usefully is able to pass a ball very, unlike previous spoiler types like Mrowiek. I'd compare him more with Salvarori if I was going by my own recollections. Brellier maybe just now, but his pedigree is certainly there for all to peruse, and Salvarori must surely be the benchmark for my time as a supporter.

Gomis is very Fultonesque imo. Collect-pass-move-receive-pass. My favourite current Hearts player.

Prince could be a really forward thinking player if he has a solid base behind him which Pallardo and Gomis would hint at providing.

When I compare them to these great players of previous seasons, I'm not trying to suggest they are carbon copies, because no two players are really the same and it's more to do with ensuring that all the bases are covered, not that your #8 can only tackle or your #10 is a roving maestro like Cameron. As long as the movement and ability is there, it doesn't matter who is the passer, who is the tackler and who is the overlapper.

I think this particular trio cover all the jobs that need doing, and that alongside good wingers, defenders and forwards, we will reap some benefits in terms of metal objects in the cabinet.

Prince is certainly covering a lot more ground in the attacking third than I thought. Whether he could do it at upper SPL level consistently in an attacking role is hopefully something we will find out.

Still don't understand why it didn't work out for him at Partick Thistle.

Reticent to compare them to the names you've mentioned, but good players certainly. For me, the jury is still out on Pallardo regarding exactly how good he is. Obviously he is Hearts standard but is he a decent technical player or is he something special after he fully settles in? we will hopefully find out over the next wee while.

Ignore me. never read your full post before replying.

Prince is certainly covering a lot more ground in the attacking third than I thought. Whether he could do it at upper SPL level consistently in an attacking role is hopefully something we will find out.

Reticent to compare them to the names you've mentioned, but good players certainly. For me, the jury is still out on Pallardo regarding exactly how good he is. Obviously he is Hearts standard but is he a decent technical player or is he something special after he fully settles in? we will hopefully find out over the next wee while.

Agree.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Prince at Thistle, I would imagine was down to the style of play, or the the players around him? Either way, their loss. :)

For me Pallardo is already a better player all round than Mrowiek, looks about as solid as Brellier so far, and hints at being more like a Salvatori. Remains to be seen though, and if he's away at the end of the season, it might be a moot discussion anyway.

I think I cocked up the point I was making in my OP to be honest. It reads more like a comparison of player for player. What I'm trying to say, is that we look like currently having a midfield who very adequately cover all the important roles that a successful teams midfield should. It is not identikit player to player with past Hearts XIs but it could be equally successful, imo.

3958321742.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

3958321742.jpg

:lol:

Been impressed wi Gomis overall. Loved big Stevie though!

Prince at Thistle, I would imagine was down to the style of play, or the the players around him? Either way, their loss. :)

For me Pallardo is already a better player all round than Mrowiek, looks about as solid as Brellier so far, and hints at being more like a Salvatori. Remains to be seen though, and if he's away at the end of the season, it might be a moot discussion anyway.

I think I cocked up the point I was making in my OP to be honest. It reads more like a comparison of player for player. What I'm trying to say, is that we look like currently having a midfield who very adequately cover all the important roles that a successful teams midfield should. It is not identikit player to player with past Hearts XIs but it could be equally successful, imo.

If there is a player I'd like Pallardo to resemble it would be Tam Flogel. Time will tell.

Chrambo, how many forums do I have to see that ugly puss on.  :behead:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Crazy thread. Lets just see how it goes, it definitely has potential.

Dunno if its "crazy". It's just me offering a wee speculative opinion based upon my admiration for three players who are impressing me massively just now, and prompting me to compare their performances to other players who I've enjoyed at Hearts.

:)

if this trio are the type of player that the academy players have to aspire to, as CL said in his press article, well then, bloody good show! the youngsters have good role models.

Nucky Thompson

Need to disagree mate take just the sheep and Arabs for a start. Their midfields are stronger than anything in our league

The Huns have beaten Inverness, St Johnstone and Killie this season for a start. I would take us and Hibs to beat most teams. Also Falkirk, QoS and Raith wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership this year

They have a basis of being a good trio in a squad, but u don't see enough goals yet from them to play as a 3 against weaker teams.

If prince can start scoring more from open play then maybe but none of them are of par with Fulton/Hartley yet. Tho the potential is tere

fabienleclerq

I think they've got the potential to be one of the best midfields I've seen at Hearts. Prince isn't as attacking as people such as Hartley but he chips in with a few goals. The other two keep the ball moving and do the defensive stuff and this allows our full backs to join the attack more often.

So despite not being the most attacking three they allow us to have up to six players in attacking areas.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They have a basis of being a good trio in a squad, but u don't see enough goals yet from them to play as a 3 against weaker teams.

If prince can start scoring more from open play then maybe but none of them are of par with Fulton/Hartley yet. Tho the potential is tere

Again this is definitely fair comment. Although, it's worth remembering that Hartley and Futon were not setting the heather alight before they arrived at Hearts.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think they've got the potential to be one of the best midfields I've seen at Hearts. Prince isn't as attacking as people such as Hartley but he chips in with a few goals. The other two keep the ball moving and do the defensive stuff and this allows our full backs to join the attack more often.

So despite not being the most attacking three they allow us to have up to six players in attacking areas.

I think you've put that better than I.

Only the five

Agree with people saying the trio have the potential. I think if this is the case the 3 of them become mainstakes in our starting 11 we can build a team around the 3 of them for years to come. Youngsters can learn the game around them, Playing alongside them can only be a benefit. One side note is if we do play the 3 of them together we only get a choice of one striker. Good headache to have. On a compromise the 3 allow others into the game. Build the team and a style around them.

Been watching hearts for over 30 years and I reckon gomis is the best midfielder I have seen at hearts .....I know Hartley Cameron were great players but this guy for me is pivotal ....

not stronger than ours that's for sure

The Huns have beaten Inverness, St Johnstone and Killie this season for a start. I would take us and Hibs to beat most teams. Also Falkirk, QoS and Raith wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership this year

One off games anything can happen. Over the course of 38 matches different ball game altogether

We_are_the_Hearts

Did you have to mention that year? I was having a good day up till now :seething:

Didn't end well but still a great year watching the JTs, apart from mackay our midfield wasn't great

Best midfield in my life and I seen 86

Neil Berry, Iain Jardine and Gary Mackay...........you could debate all day whats the better midfield, but I'll take that front 3 of Bonnie wee Johnny Colquhoun, Big Sandy and Robbo thank you very much

We_are_the_Hearts

Neil Berry, Iain Jardine and Gary Mackay...........you could debate all day whats the better midfield, but I'll take that front 3 of Bonnie wee Johnny Colquhoun, Big Sandy and Robbo thank you very much

Agreed mate, never be rivalled again

Snake Plissken

3958321742.jpg

Like John McGlynn being our manager and the League Cup final of 2013, the fact Jamie Hamill once played for us is something I try never to think about and pretend never happened.

It says on Wiki that when he came through the youth system at Ajax that he played as a striker.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Need a fourth midfielder with more creativity and cutting edge (more like Cameron, Hartley, Fulton, Aguiar and Skacel) as an option to be confident of having a really effective SPL midfield. Prince has done that on occasion but not sure that's really part of his game or if it's the weakness of the opposition. I still hope Holt can do that job. Don't think we'd get many thumpings with those three in the middle though.

Archived