Robbie sensible as ever.......

Clerry Jambo

By: Hearts Media on 18 Dec, 2014 11:32

Robbie Neilson has revealed that he sets neither the team nor himself any targets, other than to win the match ahead.

Much has been made of the Jambos? unbeaten start to the Championship season, though the head coach always maintains he prepares the team for one match at a time.

Following owner Ann Budge?s comments at yesterday?s club AGM that Robbie?s destined for the top, the three-time Manager of the Month award winner insists that his ambitions don?t differ from the targets he sets his players.

Speaking at this morning?s pre-match press conference, Robbie said: ?I set the target of winning the next game, that?s it. We, as a coaching staff, look further forward than the players do.

?We look towards the Hibs game and Rangers game coming up and we start to do out homework on it. Player-wise, we just speak to them about the following week, and that?s the game this weekend against Alloa.

?My ambition is to win on Saturday, that?s it. Then hopefully win on Tuesday, then win the next Saturday. What will be will be in football but at the end of the day you can?t look too far ahead. You?re two or three games away from a crisis and you?re two or three games away from a fantastic winning steak.

?I?m not going to sit here and say ?I want to do this and I want to do that?; I want the boys to win on Saturday and I want them to have a good training session today, pick up all the things we want them to do then we?ll look at the next day.?

Petrofac Training Cup finalists Alloa Athletic visit Tynecastle on Saturday, and the head coach hopes to have the services of a few long-term absentees at his disposal.

?Sam Nicholson?s been training and Dale Carrick has been training,? he said. ?The two of them will be, hopefully, okay for the weekend.

?Osman Sow is getting there. Hopefully he?ll be back the start of January. It?s dependent on how he recovers. He?s ahead of schedule, which is great but it?s one of them where he could come in today and it could add a bit more to it or it could take a but more off. We?ll just wait until the time is right for him.?

Robbie?s press conference is available to watch in full on HeartsTV.

Robbie Neilson has revealed that he sets neither the team nor himself any targets, other than to win the match ahead.

Much has been made of the Jambos? unbeaten start to the Championship season, though the head coach always maintains he prepares the team for one match at a time.

Following owner Ann Budge?s comments at yesterday?s club AGM that Robbie?s destined for the top, the three-time Manager of the Month award winner insists that his ambitions don?t differ from the targets he sets his players.

Speaking at this morning?s pre-match press conference, Robbie said: ?I set the target of winning the next game, that?s it. We, as a coaching staff, look further forward than the players do.

?We look towards the Hibs game and Rangers game coming up and we start to do out homework on it. Player-wise, we just speak to them about the following week, and that?s the game this weekend against Alloa.

?My ambition is to win on Saturday, that?s it. Then hopefully win on Tuesday, then win the next Saturday. What will be will be in football but at the end of the day you can?t look too far ahead. You?re two or three games away from a crisis and you?re two or three games away from a fantastic winning steak.

?I?m not going to sit here and say ?I want to do this and I want to do that?; I want the boys to win on Saturday and I want them to have a good training session today, pick up all the things we want them to do then we?ll look at the next day.?

Petrofac Training Cup finalists Alloa Athletic visit Tynecastle on Saturday, and the head coach hopes to have the services of a few long-term absentees at his disposal.

?Sam Nicholson?s been training and Dale Carrick has been training,? he said. ?The two of them will be, hopefully, okay for the weekend.

?Osman Sow is getting there. Hopefully he?ll be back the start of January. It?s dependent on how he recovers. He?s ahead of schedule, which is great but it?s one of them where he could come in today and it could add a bit more to it or it could take a but more off. We?ll just wait until the time is right for him.?

:2thumbsup:

We_are_the_Hearts

Am I the only one that thinks the Sow chat is not 100% truth? Got a feeling they might be trying to keep the big mans spirits up but don't expect to see him early January, bonus if we do though

Am I the only one that thinks the Sow chat is not 100% truth? Got a feeling they might be trying to keep the big mans spirits up but don't expect to see him early January, bonus if we do though

He was in the gym on tuesday doing work so may be back sooner than expected

Francis Albert

I don't see how it would keep his spirits up to be over-optimistic in public about hopes for a possible return only for those hopes to be dashed.

Teuchterjambo

I'm glad to see that Robbie hasn't bought into the thread on here earlier this week where were apparently crowned champions alreday. Nice to see common sense prevail !

Seymour M Hersh

I hope so. Why on earth would RN say that if it was not accurate?  Not everything is a conspiracy.

We_are_the_Hearts

I hope so. Why on earth would RN say that if it was not accurate?  Not everything is a conspiracy.

Maybe to keep the opposition guessing, hope I'm completely wrong though

How about Kevin McHattie?  Are we still thinking another 3 weeks or so?

He was in the gym with Sow also but still heavily strapped i'm led to believe

I don't see how it would keep his spirits up to be over-optimistic in public about hopes for a possible return only for those hopes to be dashed.

Totally agree. They will be wanting to manage his expectations rather than the other deliberately over promising.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm glad to see that Robbie hasn't bought into the thread on here earlier this week where were apparently crowned champions alreday. Nice to see common sense prevail !

Neilson is a pantwetter then? It would be harder to lose it than win it. I am not one for bold predictions, a true fence sitter if truth be told, I can not see any way we could chuck this away. We have had injury and suspension problems all season long and are still 9 points clear having played 1 less, the best probably still to come with worse for our closest rivals.

Only absolute soaking, drenched pantwetters cant see the trophy presentation!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This Sow stuff on here is just utterly bizarre, imo. It just seems to have grown arms and legs all over the place, based on absolutely nothing that I can remember reading or hearing to suggest it's anything other than just a niggle and difficult to fix thigh injury.

It's astonishing to see the way it has developed in to some big suspicious cloak and dagger plot.

:lol:

This Sow stuff on here is just utterly bizarre, imo. It just seems to have grown arms and legs all over the place, based on absolutely nothing that I can remember reading or hearing to suggest it's anything other than just a niggle and difficult to fix thigh injury.

It's astonishing to see the way it has developed in to some big suspicious cloak and dagger plot.

:lol:

That's the t'internet for you Charles

Teuchterjambo

Neilson is a pantwetter then? It would be harder to lose it than win it. I am not one for bold predictions, a true fence sitter if truth be told, I can not see any way we could chuck this away. We have had injury and suspension problems all season long and are still 9 points clear having played 1 less, the best probably still to come with worse for our closest rivals.

Only absolute soaking, drenched pantwetters cant see the trophy presentation!

I am ever hopeful that we will get over the line and in truth very confident but the bottom line is that bigger leads than ours have been blown before so I like Robbie's chat about only talking to the players about this weeks game only. That is how I look at it , every game we put away is one game nearer and actually that gives me maximum enjoyment as the season unfolds building up hopefully to the day we are actually crowned champs ...  if that makes me a pantwetter in your eyes then fine , I'm in pretty good company !

The Treasurer

Back for the derby 

Really looking forward to Carrick coming back into the squad.

Will be a big help to Keatings I bet too - with Carrick doing the work out wide which will allow Keatings to do a bit more poaching. :thumb:

Will be a big help to Keatings I bet too - with Carrick doing the work out wide which will allow Keatings to do a bit more poaching. :thumb:

Would like to see a partnership up front on Saturday El Hass/Keats or Carrick/Keats as you suggest

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's the t'internet for you Charles

Oh, I'm not suggesting it's worth getting mad about or anything, I just find it really bizarre. Where's it coming from? :blink:

Would like to see a partnership up front on Saturday El Hass/Keats or Carrick/Keats as you suggest

I expect it will be Keatings and El Hass this weekend.

alicante jambo

Not once has Robbie led us up the garden path about anything hearts related so I see no reason why he's lying about sow.He says early January that'll do me I trust Robbie 100%.He has no reason to lie to the fans.Canne wait till the big mans back btw

I am ever hopeful that we will get over the line and in truth very confident but the bottom line is that bigger leads than ours have been blown before so I like Robbie's chat about only talking to the players about this weeks game only. That is how I look at it , every game we put away is one game nearer and actually that gives me maximum enjoyment as the season unfolds building up hopefully to the day we are actually crowned champs ...  if that makes me a pantwetter in your eyes then fine , I'm in pretty good company !

wonderful post, love BH but this all day long!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sows season by season record, it isn't even a dispute, he records low percentages. I don't think that is conspiracist but simply examining facts. Looking for a striker. As much as we all love him, he is absolutely not reliable. 32 appearances including Hearts since 2012, not one to put the mortgage on.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sows season by season record, it isn't even a dispute, he records low percentages. I don't think that is conspiracist but simply examining facts. Looking for a striker. As much as we all love him, he is absolutely not reliable

Dont agree. People are suggesting there is more to his exclusion than just a troublesome injury. I See absolutely nothing to suggest this is the case.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Dont agree. People are suggesting there is more to his exclusion than just a troublesome injury. I See absolutely nothing to suggest this is the case.

Check his stats. 47 games his first 2 seasons, 32 in 3 1/2 seasons since. Some stats may lie that one doesn't.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Check his stats. 47 games his first 2 seasons, 32 in 3 1/2 seasons since. Some stats may lie that one doesn't.

Suggests he has an unresolved injury problem which is causing him to miss matches. Neilson has already stated that they are struggling to figure out the exact nature of his injury and the best way to treat it, but at his age, and with the advances in sports science, I see no reason to believe it won't be cured and that he will go on to thrive.

People are suggesting that there is something other than a niggling injury involved, and I see nothing to back up this theory.

People are suggesting that there is something other than a niggling injury involved, and I see nothing to back up this theory.

It seems to be based on the fact he didn't jump around grinning like a cheshire cat when he scored goals. 

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It seems to be based on the fact he didn't jump around grinning like a cheshire cat when he scored goals.

I honestly hope not... I hate people enough already, and that sort of shit could tip me over the edge. :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I honestly hope not... I hate people enough already, and that sort of shit could tip me over the edge. :lol:

I would say he is either very unlucky or his heart isn't fully in the game. Players of that quality are usually not readily available

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I would say he is either very unlucky or his heart isn't fully in the game. Players of that quality are usually not readily available

It's possible, fair enough. I just don't have enough evidence to convince me that it is all that likely. I am still firmly of the belief that he's just got a very troublesome injury.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's possible, fair enough. I just don't have enough evidence to convince me that it is all that likely. I am still firmly of the belief that he's just got a very troublesome injury.

And I hope you are right

Lord Beni of Gorgie

:thumbsup:

Ok, who are going to catch Hearts? I asked myself this question, thought about it, seriously, and couldn't think how the others would, happiest I have been as a Jambo in a long while

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Re the Sow matter......imagine if Sturridge was paying for us the theories would be out of control with his thigh issues.

Sturridge has a fairly good record previously, no ? 96 games in 7 years considering he was a fringe player at Chelsea, not a strong comparison.

Robbie has made it clear, he wants a striker, I guess he has better insight

Sturridge has a fairly good record previously, no ? 96 games in 7 years considering he was a fringe player at Chelsea, not a strong comparison.

Robbie has made it clear, he wants a striker, I guess he has better insight

Sow wasn't named in Palace's first team squad so probably a fair comparison.

This many times over. Dales beefing up like Stallone on steroids. I think he will be the muscle man that works best with Keatings. Not writing big Sow off, just think he's not our only option. For the record, I think all the scare mongering is bolloxs

Archived