Kevin Kyle

dc-jambo

just saying a few things about loss of motivation at Sevco due to 'money';

contasted how psyched up he was on a Friday if Hearts were playing Hibs compared with being at Rangers and they are playing Annan ...

indicated players had lost motivation because of this, the sense of disappointment when they arrived ...

also useful info about wages, outrageous, and about how they just paid him what he asked, after telling the wife he'd take about half as much

Good lad KK imho -- thanks for the memories :2thumbsup:

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Link?

Was on BBC so imagine it'll be on the podcast or you'll get it on listen again. Really good honest interview from him.

Would take him back on a pay as you play role imo, good guy to have around the club.

So he'd earn ?0 per annum? Think he'll stick to the boats.

Would take him back on a pay as you play role imo, good guy to have around the club.

That should have been the contract first time round.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I read him talking about when he went to sign for Rangers, it was a similar story to the famous Seth Johnson/Leeds one, ie they offered him MUCH more than he would have accepted. Heard the same about Nicky Law too.

Slevinkelevra

Listened to this earlier, said his wife had asked how much he would accept at rangers an he said 800 quid..... Got to the contract talks an was asked how much he wanted, he said a figure that he thought he had no chance of getting and they agreed straight away! Was on something 2500 a week. Also said there were players in 8k a week while they were in the 3rd division.

tommythejambo

I read him talking about when he went to sign for Rangers, it was a similar story to the famous Seth Johnson/Leeds one, ie they offered him MUCH more than he would have accepted. Heard the same about Nicky Law too.

And Jon Daly.

Contract put down, "take it or leave it", about 3x what he would've signed for.

As amusing as it is for us, it does not shed him in good light.

How so? It was really predictable that players from higher divisions that went for the money would find motivation hard. Human nature. That was Rangers mistake, but why would a decent journeyman not take the money when offered.

How so? It was really predictable that players from higher divisions that went for the money would find motivation hard. Human nature. That was Rangers mistake, but why would a decent journeyman not take the money when offered.

You are right. It is not something I would boast about, or advertise, though. It is almost like admitting you are a parasite.

I am delighted, but from Kyle's point of view, he does himself no favours, though I guess, where he is in his career, it will make little difference.

That video just reminds me of Gary glens miss !

Novi changed the game that day, anyone know where he is now ?

Kevin kyles goal at piitodrie also stands out for me, a player with limited ability but makes up with desire. Great signing by JJ and did a good job undercover at sevco

Dr Ian Malcolm

Doesn't show players as parasites at all - if my work were stupid enough to offer me silly wages and assume that was my expectation, I'd take it in a minute.

Novi changed the game that day, anyone know where he is now ?

Playing in Germany for FC Erzgebirge, 2nd tier team I think.

Thx for posting this fantastic clip.

I was in the Gorgie, at the far corner, with him heading it in right towards me, and I'll never forget it.

There was nothing that he said tonight, btw, that put him in 'a bad light'

The only ones in a bad light are those posting to that effect

I had no problem seeing Kyle sign for Rangers, he was just coming back from a lengthy injury and needed a club, I don't think he went there for the money, I feel he just wanted to get back playing again.

Watching that video, you can see why he was injured all the time. Wondering if he really had the build to be a footballer!

Doesn't show players as parasites at all - if my work were stupid enough to offer me silly wages and assume that was my expectation, I'd take it in a minute.

What, so you don't put football players on a ridiculousy high moral pedestal? :uhoh2:

Disser Pointon

The best bit is watching JJ thinking it's missed and then going mental and into the crowd when he realises it's in the back of the net!

Thx for posting this fantastic clip.

I was in the Gorgie, at the far corner, with him heading it in right towards me, and I'll never forget it.

There was nothing that he said tonight, btw, that put him in 'a bad light'

The only ones in a bad light are those posting to that effect

I was sitting in the Wheatfield stand section C 3rd row when big KK scored that goal. Upon his celebrations I saw him heading in our direction and instantly made a bee-line towards the steps and down to the emergency gate at the botton. Thereafter mayhem erupted and the big man gave me one of the best cuddles I've ever received. Most of the other players were in there also and with many fans behind me pushing forwards, the gate gave way and I along with both my sons plus 2 or 3 others ended up on the trackside. The next day I bought 4 different papers with our photo celebrating the goal with the players and I've still got them to this day.

Brilliant memories.

Walter Payton

And Jon Daly.

Contract put down, "take it or leave it", about 3x what he would've signed for.

On the flip side of the coin, I've heard stories of similar approaches to contract negotiation while Vlad was here.

I'm pretty sure it was Ruben Palazuelos (though I could be wrong) where the agent was contacted for contract discussions, but genuinely couldn't immediately contact the player for some reason (though the player and agent had agreed between themselves that ?x000 p.w. would be enough for the player to sign the dotted line the next day).

Unfortunately it seems that while Hearts 1st offer actually matched what the player and agent had agreed they were looking for, we took the agents insistence that the player wasn't immediately available to sign the contract as an indication that they were playing hard-ball and that more money would be required. The contract offer that the agent eventually took away (and was subsequently signed at the first opportunity by the player) was worth far more than it needed to be in order to secure the signing :-(

I'm pretty sure that it was one of the shareholder dinners that story was shared at- any other regular attenders may be able to confirm exactly who the player in question was!

I don't think its particularly damning of KK at all. Starting off with an overly high request is pretty much the norm for all these kinda negotiations is it not?!?

What it does confirm is that, like we ALL suspected ALL along..... Rangers simply chucked money at this from the word go without any sort of thought or consideration or responsibility whatsoever.

And they still wonder how they've found themselves in this position?!?!?

chester copperpot

I see him in Cumbernauld sports centre from time to time.

He's defo not full time professionally fit these days. He's fecking bigger than me :lol:

I watched this game with my mates in the house.

When we scored I jumped on my hibs mate and he 'accidently' burst my nose :lol:

Are you sure you didn't just elbow yourself in the face, like Andy Webster managed to do against Celtic?

Good to see him back today, but I had to laugh when someone behind me said that it sounded like Fysass spoke better English than him!

alwaysthereinspirit

What would he live on?

boabyarsebiscuit

Kevin Kyle was in Hospitality today with one of his sons. Gave a very honest interview with Scott Wilson, and really seems to be a genuine good guy.

wattie exploited

I like Kevin Kyle really honest guy who always gave 100%   and if someone offered me ?100 or ?2500 a week  i would take ?100  hahahaha  right then NOT !!!!!!!    :rifle:  :rifle: 

wattie exploited

Kevin Kyle was in Hospitality today with one of his sons. Gave a very honest interview with Scott Wilson, and really seems to be a genuine good guy.

are you right your not wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!    :rifle: 

boabyarsebiscuit

are you right your not wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!    :rifle: 

Partridge classic.

Tell you what, Kevin Kyle has a very good book in him. Better than Garry Nelson's.

Partridge classic.

Tell you what, Kevin Kyle has a very good book in him. Better than Garry Nelson's.

That's an excellent shout

Liked how he said we today the guy loves the club and loves the fans another like so many who have fallen in love with Heart of Midlothian FC.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Liked his line that after scoring that derby goal he wanted to run to the H1B5 fans to give it to them but was too knackered. Top man!

Archived