Funds available for new players

jamdunc

highlandjambo3

Imagine being able to flash a big wad of cash under the huns noses to take a player off them they want to keep..............big buying club they were................not any more

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Imagine being able to flash a big wad of cash under the huns noses to take a player off them they want to keep..............big buying club they were................not any more

They will have to kick off at 1pm soon enough, no cash to pay the lecce for the floodlights

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hearts fc really, really want get promoted this season AND to build a strong team for the future.

Thanks to the fans.

Heart of Midlothian FC, surely?

Would rather have Osman Sow fit than bring anyone new in (if I had the choice) TBH. Been watching our early season games again. He is superb 

Bazzas right boot

Get Wilson sorted.

If Holt/ Roninson go, then get a loan midflielder to see us through  to the summer, then take the boy Allan of Hibs on a pre contract, assuming we are promoted and they are mincing about in the Championship still.

The left back/ mid from QOS looks like a player, and thier big centre half might be needed in the more physical games of the SPL,both these are out of contrac in the summer.

Keep hold of Paterson, can't see anyone else going in the January window, only Wilson on a pre contract.

Rudi - To be able to bring on as a game changer in last 20 mins as a relatively inexperienced squad tries to close out a title win might be a most sensible idea than the nostalgia might suggest. I'd put money on him still being able to influence a game. If it converted a couple of draws to wins it would be a good idea imo.

Think a striker and a right back. Would like to see Paterson pushed into a attacking midfielder. He puts in a good wiped in cross and is fast and powerful. 

Rudi - To be able to bring on as a game changer in last 20 mins as a relatively inexperienced squad tries to close out a title win might be a most sensible idea than the nostalgia might suggest. I'd put money on him still being able to influence a game. If it converted a couple of draws to wins it would be a good idea imo.

Rudi is yesterdays news now days we are looking at players of a younger age.

Grumpy.

If there was any intention to sign him, then we could do it now.

I`d imagine a forward.  At this moment i don`t see the need to top up a settled, developing squad with 2 or 3 unless we are definitely offloading a couple of players in the window.

If Holt does go I'd be looking at Barrie Mackay currently at raith rovers on loan as a possible replacement

I would say a poster (apologies I can't recall their name) had mentioned he'd need to change his attitude a bit tho

I'd also agree with getting Wilson tied up too on a new deal

Personally I think all we need is another striker on a short term deal. Someone competent albeit not necessarily quality.

If we sign someone 'too good', we'd be faced with a dilemma over squad selection should Sow, Carrick, El Hass and Keatings all be fit.

If Holt does go I'd be looking at Barrie Mackay currently at raith rovers on loan as a possible replacement

I would say a poster (apologies I can't recall their name) had mentioned he'd need to change his attitude a bit tho

I'd also agree with getting Wilson tied up too on a new deal

I thought Barrie Mackay was on loan to raith from rangers.

I would move for the QoS number 5. Durnen or something like that he's called. Looks a player. If not for January then a pre-contract for the summer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

In all seriousness not sure what I want. That's a compliment to the current squad. Sow understudy, or better. That's not going to be easy to find. Still sceptical on his fitness levels or desire to be honest.

give it a rest with rudi he is finished career over ...now please move on

I'd hoping we hire him and put him out to stud so we get a youth team of mini-Rudis in years to come.

I can't see too much happening unless players move on in January. From what I've heard the couple of lads already mentioned from QOS are being seriously followed by Robbie but, as with the summer, I expect any signings to be out of left field

According to a plum on H1b5.nut, Hearts signing players instead of on infrastructure/new stand is cheating. :biggrin::laugh::clubbed:

I agree that moving on is probably best. But did the club really envisage being 9 or possibly more points clear by Christmas at the outset of this season? I very much doubt it.

Bringing in Rudi with his experience in the context of where we find ourselves and the desire to get over the line over a long winter period ahead, would be a gamble worth taking I think.

It wouldn't actually be a gamble. He aint going to have lost his technique or had a personality transplant. Much as Rangers are honking bad and imploding - we haven't got a squad with players with experience of winning things.

I wouldn't have ordinarily have suggested it, but in the context of where we find ourselves, bringing Rudi in could be an inspired move.

If it helped us win the league it couldn't be a bad thing

I agree that moving on is probably best. But did the club really envisage being 9 or possibly more points clear by Christmas at the outset of this season? I very much doubt it.

Bringing in Rudi with his experience in the context of where we find ourselves and the desire to get over the line over a long winter period ahead, would be a gamble worth taking I think.

It wouldn't actually be a gamble. He aint going to have lost his technique or had a personality transplant. Much as Rangers are honking bad and imploding - we haven't got a squad with players with experience of winning things.

I wouldn't have ordinarily have suggested it, but in the context of where we find ourselves, bringing Rudi in could be an inspired move.

If it helped us win the league it couldn't be a bad thing

The time has past for Rudi

The time has come for fans to move on

We will and should remember him as a Hearts great (even if he played for only a few seasons for us) and wish him well in his future...he will always be welcome at the club and receive all the tribute he deserves from the fans....there are few players who have such a bond with the fans established in such a short time.

If we make a signing lets make it for the present and the future.....someone who can play at a higher level than the championship or has the potential to.

A new era has arrived and with it a new policy and a new strategy.

I think we may bring in an experienced winger in January, and maybe a striker and left back on loan. Apart from that I don't expect anything other than under 18's coming in.

Wages to turnover is already fairly high and with several players requiring new contracts there won't be much room for manoeuvre.

I am sure Gavin Reilly will have been watched a few times - and would not cost that much

He's out of contract in the summer of 2015 so pre contract talks could begin shortly................if we are interested.

I'm sure there will be many on our list but they will also be on someone else's list as well......never mind agreeing terms

I think we may bring in an experienced winger in January, and maybe a striker and left back on loan. Apart from that I don't expect anything other than under 18's coming in.

Wages to turnover is already fairly high and with several players requiring new contracts there won't be much room for manoeuvre.

What is the current wage to turnover ratio again? Sure I saw 44% or so mentioned before. I may be completely wrong, but I always thought 60-65% and under was fairly good.

Bound to be some ITK'ers with some info on possible new recruits surely. I'm sure the spadework has already been done in terms of identifying and enticing the desired players. I expect things to be done early January ala the summertime

Would rather have Osman Sow fit than bring anyone new in (if I had the choice) TBH. Been watching our early season games again. He is superb

Totally agree however Sow is not fit and unfortunately nobody know when (or if) he will play again.

I will be very surprised if Robbie/Craig are not in the market for a big mobile front man.

Rudi is yesterdays news now days we are looking at players of a younger age.

Grumpy.

I am afraid a must agree!   Rudi remains a legend, but what happened to the Huns when they bought a load of 30 plusses. 

Gozie Uguwu was a name mentioned. Plays for Dunfermline and apparently only signed a deal to January. Not a massive signing. But could work out well.

Gozie Uguwu was a name mentioned. Plays for Dunfermline and apparently only signed a deal to January. Not a massive signing. But could work out well.

Fits one of Robbie's criteria in that he "could hit the ground running", so may be a decent shout - if he is any good.

Archived