• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Wilder won that for the reason I don’t think Joshua can beat him. He’s a vicious fighter. When he starts throwing punches there is real nastiness and venom in the way he finishes boxers off. Not a classic stylist but a real fighter. 

And was was fighting at 15st 4lb tonight. 

scott herbertson

I think Joshua would have to get to him in the first three rounds or so. Wilder has better stamina, being less muscled up. He reminds me a bit of Thomas Hearts in his build - a bit gangly but a very hard hitter and ruthless if you show any signs of weakness.

Mars plastic

Wow! Just watched Wilder/Ortiz. Opinion completely changed about the lanky, awkward Wilder. Ortiz, who was two stones heavier, hit him with some unbelievable shots in the 7th and should have put him away in the 8th as Wilder was still all over the place. To come back in the 10th and finish it showed he is a great champion and now everything is teed up for a fight with Joshua. Would still make Joshua favourite for that one although it wouldn't surprise me if the American was to get the victory.

As much as I like AJ I think Wilder would win he is just a vicious fighter when he puts they combos together. Add to that Wilder has stopped everyone he's faced yeah that Haitian dude went the distance the first time they fought but he leathered him in the first round when they fought again. Then there's last night and KK this guy was undefeated and 2 stone heavier and still got skudded. So in summary I think Wilder wins but what an exciting fight it promises to be....provided AJ deals with Parker first of course 

jack D and coke

Really good scrap with Wilder and Ortiz. Ortiz well in front and had Wilder rubber legged in 7-8 rounds. 

Very awkward guy his fight with AJ will be interesting, not the easy fight I thought it might be. 

Wilder is the modt Unorthodox fighter I have seen since Prince Naseem. No technique at all just massive wailing punches thrown from his hip. Don't know if that makes him easier to hit as Ortiz managed to get some big shots in on him in the 7th and 8th round. Kudos to stay in the fight after that.  

The power Wilder generates those windmill, roundhouse shots is quite something. Anything he hits goes down. Knocked Ortiz down 3 times and he probably only landed three big shots the entire fight. 

AJ knocks out Parker in three rounds IMO he is far to small and AJ will just over power him. 

It is a hard one to call between Wilder and AJ. If wilder lands then he has the possibility of knocking out AJ. His awkwardness could proven the difference. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stevie Ray was kind of unlucky in that the fight could have went either way, he needed to do more though. Paul Craig had one of the best comebacks that I have seen, got battered for 3 rounds then got the triangle tap with 1 second remaining, class! And Danny Henry blitzed his opponent, good showing for him.

Ray looks a very ordinary fighter. Hard to see him amounting to much.

Craig's stand-up is so basic that his only chance seems to be absorb punishment and hope the other guy makes a mistake and submit him.

Henry has looked decent both times I've seen him. Time for a step up in class for him. He looks the best prospect of the 3 at the moment.

23 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Ray looks a very ordinary fighter. Hard to see him amounting to much.

Craig's stand-up is so basic that his only chance seems to be absorb punishment and hope the other guy makes a mistake and submit him.

Henry has looked decent both times I've seen him. Time for a step up in class for him. He looks the best prospect of the 3 at the moment.

Agree about Paul Craig, definitely lacks good striking. Although Liam McGeary won a title in bellator with a similar skill set. 

Ray wants a scrap. He is solid enough but struggled with a fighter that didn't want to engage. 

Henry, like you say, needs a step up in class to test him. Was interesting to see him go for the choke after rocking his opponent, most would have started throwing wild punches to get the KO. 

26 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Agree about Paul Craig, definitely lacks good striking. Although Liam McGeary won a title in bellator with a similar skill set. 

Ray wants a scrap. He is solid enough but struggled with a fighter that didn't want to engage. 

Henry, like you say, needs a step up in class to test him. Was interesting to see him go for the choke after rocking his opponent, most would have started throwing wild punches to get the KO. 

He was like an octopus around that guys neck. No way was he letting go. Impressive win for the guy.

Ray is always going to be the Ross Pearson sort that fights hard and frequently, will have the odd moment to remember but he'll struggle against real quality.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

He was like an octopus around that guys neck. No way was he letting go. Impressive win for the guy.

Ray is always going to be the Ross Pearson sort that fights hard and frequently, will have the odd moment to remember but he'll struggle against real quality.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Paul Craig now as that was the last fight on his contract. Would be harsh if they let him go but he's 2 and 2 since signing with ufc. 

1 hour ago, fast_blood said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Paul Craig now as that was the last fight on his contract. Would be harsh if they let him go but he's 2 and 2 since signing with ufc. 

Definitely.

Really hope they give him another chance. His striking is so limited though it won't be all that surprising if he's cut.

I wonder if he could cut to MW. He'd be less likely to be knocked out and his size  and grappling would be an asset. 

Heard him say in an interview before that he could make MW.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Definitely.

Really hope they give him another chance. His striking is so limited though it won't be all that surprising if he's cut.

I wonder if he could cut to MW. He'd be less likely to be knocked out and his size  and grappling would be an asset. 

Heard him say in an interview before that he could make MW.

He mentioned dropping to MW in his post fight interview. I don't see why he can't. He needs to focus on his striking for his own development. He also doesn't seem comfortable getting punched in the face, as funny as that sounds. 

• 3 weeks later...

Alex Povetkin's knockout of David Price this weekend was a hard one to watch.

Price was totally dazed by a right hander, just stood there with his hands down and Povetkin had all the time in the world to think about how much permanant damage he wanted to cause to Price.

Luckily he decided to smash him with his weaker left hand.

Still absolutely brutal.

Anthony Joshua's "fight" was a disgrace, the referee obviously thought that boxing is a non-contact sport.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2018 at 23:48, Cade said:

Alex Povetkin's knockout of David Price this weekend was a hard one to watch.

Price was totally dazed by a right hander, just stood there with his hands down and Povetkin had all the time in the world to think about how much permanant damage he wanted to cause to Price.

Luckily he decided to smash him with his weaker left hand.

Still absolutely brutal.

Anthony Joshua's "fight" was a disgrace, the referee obviously thought that boxing is a non-contact sport.

he was doing allright as well for a bit

• 2 weeks later...
Samuel Camazzola

Does anyone know if the subscription of the Bellew Haye fight can be picked up from any multi room box in the house or if the PPV is only shown on the box it is ordered from? 

Before it's commented on, I'm not interested in streams or Kodi etc... Happy to pay the fee for this. 

Edited by Samuel Camazzola
Spelling

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Lord BJ said:

It would go to to box ordered on, assuming it’s individual boxes got.  However, if you want a specific box just order from that. No?

Got folk over so was looking to see if it could be put on in a couple of rooms. I wasn't sure if it could be ordered online or through the app then picked up from either box. 

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Is it sky q? That might be different.

However, with normal box office purchased it is pinged to the box with a specific ref. Your account has a primary box reference. 

You might be be able to order online and stream from computer to multiple tv’s but that would depend on your set up.

Im taking haye in a dissapointing fight. 

Just the Standard HD boxes. Cheers for the info. 

I think Haye will stop him but expecting a lot of windmills catching fresh air. 

AlimOzturk

Think Haye will beat him in 3 rounds. Still the best Heavyweight around on his day IMO. 

We will see if days are past him here. Make or break. 

jack D and coke

Still not sure I see Haye winning this. If he ever was capable it was a long time ago. I can’t think of ever being properly impressed with a David Haye performance. 

Stick my neck out and say Bellew again after maybe 8-9 rounds as Haye runs out of steam. 

Samuel Camazzola

I can't believe how overly-inflated the Bellew performance from last year has been and it seems to be getting even more exaggerated. 

If you hadn't seen the fight, you'd think he had knocked out Tyson in his prime. He was blowing out of his arse by round 5 and still looked like getting sparked out if one of Haye's lunges had landed. 

jack D and coke
54 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I watched a replay of the original fight and tend to agree with this. Haye looked absolutely terrible. He never attempted to box he was just constantly looking for that ko.

it was a freak injury that in reality ended the fight. 

Haye is terrible :lol: 

Where this myth has came from that he’s this great boxer I’m not sure. It wasn’t a great fight the first one but Bellew was never in any trouble. 

Itll be more of the same tonight. The only thing different is tonight Haye knows this is it for him and that might spur him on that little bit. 

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Not sure many would claim he was a great boxer apart from himself. He was undoubtably a very good boxer in his prime. More so at cruiseweight, he had very quick hands and certainly land a punch.

His handspeed has undoubtably slowed which has taken away a huge part of his arsenal.

i suspect we will see more of a boxing match this time, whereas last time it was only a couple notches up from drunks fighting in the street!

I’d like to see a clean victory one way or the other. 

If Haye wins you might get the best of three :lol: 

Im looking forward to it though tbh, I don’t think they like each other and that always gives it some edge and niggle. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Haye is terrible :lol: 

Where this myth has came from that he’s this great boxer I’m not sure. It wasn’t a great fight the first one but Bellew was never in any trouble. 

Itll be more of the same tonight. The only thing different is tonight Haye knows this is it for him and that might spur him on that little bit. 

If Haye doesn't suffer any type of injury to shoulder, achilles etc..., he wins. He's still a better fighter than Bellew. Bellew has determination but is very limited and looks soft in the body yet again. Hopefully it goes beyond 6 because if Haye has his timing right, I can see a KO. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Not a massive fan of Haye but I’d love him to shut up that gobshite Bellew. 

Judge Fudge

Very much a 50/50 fight this one, Haye has never been a gd trainer hence the constant injuries. He hasn't been in a hard ground out fight for years, he could very well be shot. He has to go for it early. On the other hand Bellew has been more active and is a far more clever boxer than he gets credit for. Think this will be more tactical, Bellew mid to late round stoppage or Haye on points.

scott herbertson

Haye in 6 or 7 for me. Too much power and Bellow wont be able to resist a punch up at some stage

scott herbertson

mm back online after a month off for medical stuff, and all my streams are dead slow or stop - anybody pm m a decent one for the boxing tonight?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, superjack said:

Getting a quality stream on cricfree sports.

Thanks

tried them to but maybe just my supposedly superfast internet connection..

Rocco_Jambo
13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Thanks

tried them to but maybe just my supposedly superfast internet connection..

Which cricfree  site are you using? There seems to be duplicate sites one which I can't get working and other which is perfect.

http://crickfree.net/boxing/tony-bellew-vs-david-haye-crfb85h6?l=1377877544

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Which cricfree  site are you using? There seems to be duplicate sites one which I can't get working and other which is perfect.

http://crickfree.net/boxing/tony-bellew-vs-david-haye-crfb85h6?l=1377877544

tried cricfree.net, cricfree.ws and an eu one

with the .net one, once I've closed all the ads just get a black screen and it doesn't start. As I say may be a bandwith issue

I have found one stream that works but the connection is unwatchably stop start http://boxing.streamcartel.eu/1.html?ch1

Edited by scott herbertson

Rocco_Jambo
6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

tried cricfree.net, cricfree.ws and an eu one

try the one I posted then.

scott herbertson
Just now, Rocco_Jambo said:

try the one I posted then.

thats the cricfree,.net one I already tried, and I get a blank screen after clicking my way through about 5 ads on both chrome and firefox

scott herbertson

Thanks for trying though sometimes these links work for some but not all

Rocco_Jambo
10 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If Haye doesn't suffer any type of injury to shoulder, achilles etc..., he wins. He's still a better fighter than Bellew. Bellew has determination but is very limited and looks soft in the body yet again. Hopefully it goes beyond 6 because if Haye has his timing right, I can see a KO. 

Haye was levels above Bellew 6  years ago but there really is no recent evidence to suggest he is still a better fighter than Bellew.  There is  big questions over how much he much he has left in him at the moment in my view. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bellew outbox him and win on points.

scott herbertson
Just now, Rocco_Jambo said:

Haye was levels above Bellew 6  years ago but there really is no recent evidence to suggest he is still a better fighter than Bellew.  There is  big questions over how much he much he has left in him at the moment in my view. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bellew outbox him and win on points.

I'm not sure that he can - he would have to box like he did in round one of the first fight for much of the fight, and I don't think he's got the patience or temperament. But we'll have to see what shape both of them come into the ring. Should be one of the better fights of the year/.

Rocco_Jambo
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I'm not sure that he can - he would have to box like he did in round one of the first fight for much of the fight, and I don't think he's got the patience or temperament. But we'll have to see what shape both of them come into the ring. Should be one of the better fights of the year/.

Maybe not but I'm not sure Haye has the timing and speeds to catch a reasonably good defensive fighter with a decent chin flush enough to KO them anymore.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Maybe not but I'm not sure Haye has the timing and speeds to catch a reasonably good defensive fighter with a decent chin flush enough to KO them anymore.

Could be true, we haven't really seen enough of him recently to tell. Bellew did seem to be tiring in the first fight , but maybe that was just fatigue from trying to put  Haye away

Rocco_Jambo
Just now, scott herbertson said:

Could be true, we haven't really seen enough of him recently to tell. Bellew did seem to be tiring in the first fight , but maybe that was just fatigue from trying to put  Haye away

I personally (maybe hoping somewhat as well since I've backed it) think their is a good chance of it going to points for either. Haye I don't think will be as reckless early doors as he was and I think will try to box him more, rather than loading up, and try and outbox him. Think it will be pretty cagey, close fight.