Hearts AGM

Francis Albert

This thread is getting ridiculous. Surely any shareholder is entitled to ask whatever question they want (within reason) at the AGM. And also shareholders can be content with the way the club appears to being run and choose to ask no questions.

Of course I could just be missing something!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pettigrewsstylist

Indeed. Asking a couple of simple straightforward questions looking for only broadbrush answers is "craving detail", looking for answers  "to the nth degree" and seeking "allaying of fears". Melodramatic it certainly is.

Thought all you wanted to know was if anyone had received an email or instructions ref AGM questions?, it would appear not ( but you knew that really didnt you?)

yet here we are, same old place with you the centre of attention, asking questions, mostly of people with less understanding of the current club set up than you. People who dont have the answers.

Write to the tabloids if HMFC, FOH, Ann Budge have you on ignore mate.

FWIW,  i totaly get your points and broadly share your concerns, but i cant beat the drum every week and have to rely on those that carried the baton last yr to get it right, besides its done now, you can cancel your subscription if you feel conned FA

Francis Albert

Thought all you wanted to know was if anyone had received an email or instructions ref AGM questions?, it would appear not ( but you knew that really didnt you?)

yet here we are, same old place with you the centre of attention, asking questions, mostly of people with less understanding of the current club set up than you. People who dont have the answers.

Write to the tabloids if HMFC, FOH, Ann Budge have you on ignore mate.

I didn't, but feel free to go on inventing things if that keeps you happy.

pettigrewsstylist

I didn't, but feel free to go on inventing things if that keeps you happy.

FA, all im saying is,,why do you think you will get answers on here mate

Your points are undeniably valid, and in fact kudos to you for giving a ####, researching the facts and standing your ground

I  dont want you to stop questioning it, and im sure you wont, i dont belong to the baying mob.

I just think the club is the place to ask these questions is directly to the club or FOH board. You may have to perservere but im sure the answer you get eventually will be of more use in answering your questions than most you will get on here.

That is how simple it is. You ask a question, and someone answers, rather than abuses, and you are happy as you now know what you want to know (and entitled to).

Shame others do not understand that, and decide to abuse you and FF instead, though you both seem to cope.

Seems you cannot question some of the doubters on this board (re this topic) without someone coming along and telling us to lay off...........oh and many of us 'understand' perfectly... ..they just don't agree with them....hope that helps. 

Consistently the right to ask questions has been defended but some of the questions are asked time and time again and not to the correct parties as most on here give an opinion not an FOH or Club statement.

PS could you point out the 'abuse' as i'd like to see mention of it in my posts...I think it might take you a while though as there is no personal abuse  and I'm sure you could point it out to the mods if there was by any poster (as you are entitled to)

Apologies if already posted..

Folks, ahead of tomorrow's club AGM we've set up an email address - [email protected] - for fans to email in any questions they'd like answered, which the club will strive to do at the meeting (though give time constraints, may not be fully possible).

Francis Albert

Apologies if already posted..

Folks, ahead of tomorrow's club AGM we've set up an email address - [email protected] - for fans to email in any questions they'd like answered, which the club will strive to do at the meeting (though give time constraints, may not be fully possible).

Thanks. Since I don't follow Twitter (assuming that this is what it is) JKB has provided the answer my OP sought. Confirming again the usefulness of JKB as a channel of communication.

I have also now had a reply to Friday's email to Hearts.

Francis Albert

FA, all im saying is,,why do you think you will get answers on here mate

Your points are undeniably valid, and in fact kudos to you for giving a ####, researching the facts and standing your ground

I  dont want you to stop questioning it, and im sure you wont, i dont belong to the baying mob.

I just think the club is the place to ask these questions is directly to the club or FOH board. You may have to perservere but im sure the answer you get eventually will be of more use in answering your questions than most you will get on here.

Apologies for misinterpreting your post. The question in the OP has now been answered via JKB, FF provided an answer to another question I had, and I will ask my "AGM" questions via the email address now provided. I find JKB a useful forum to raise questions and issues for discussion. Long may it continue.

I'm just gobsmacked that FA wasnt all over Romanov like the rash he is over Ann.

Doesnt make a great deal of sense to me given the obvious, apparent and distinct differences between them as people and respective modus operandi...

jamboinglasgow

Ah well :(

How long do these things usually last?

I am sure AGMs are quite quick affairs, so would imagine it would not be longer than half an hour.

Francis Albert

I'm just gobsmacked that FA wasnt all over Romanov like the rash he is over Ann.

Doesnt make a great deal of sense to me given the obvious, apparent and distinct differences between them as people and respective modus operandi...

one difference is that i might get a ressonable answer to the grand total of two questions i have asked ann while being all over her. And i was anti-vlad before it became the done thing.

Francis Albert

I am sure AGMs are quite quick affairs, so would imagine it would not be longer than half an hour.

the foh one was between one hour and one and a half hours. Depends how many questions there are.

jamboinglasgow

the foh one was between one hour and one and a half hours. Depends how many questions there are.

fair enough, saw Aberdeen had theirs this week and that was about half an hour.

one difference is that i might get a ressonable answer to the grand total of two questions i have asked ann while being all over her. And i was anti-vlad before it became the done thing.

Yet much more quietly anti-vlad than you are anti FOH....

Francis Albert

Yet much more quietly anti-vlad than you are anti FOH....

it's true i didn't join the i'm more anti vlad than you frenzy when it was far too late. And i am not remotely anti-foh or anti-ann however much you fantasise that i am

Footballfirst

Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the Q&A (domestic arrangements - sorry CJGJ), but I listened to Ann Budge, Eric Hogg and Craig Levein's presentations.  They were all very professional and I did get answers to some of my questions. No media allowed in the meeting (unless they were shareholders).

If I've read the slides correctly from the back of the Gorgie Suite

Initial projections were made on 8,000 STs

Turnover was originally budgeted at ?4.233M but is now estimated to come in at ?5.573M

Staff costs ?3.095M to ?3.447M

Other costs ?2.414M to ?3.012M

Forecast loss -?1.276M to -?0.886M (before FOH money)

Costs

Riccarton ?540K  (incl Rent + share of utilities + coaches + kit)

Match Day costs ?360K (incl Stewarding + policing) 

Stadium costs  ?335K  (incl Rates + Cleaning)

Repairs and maint ?250K

Utilities ?235K

Legal Audit & Professional costs ?140K

Credit Card fees ?120K (5% charge)

Insurance ?40K

Total = ?2.02M

Other costs include transport accommodation, mobile phones etc

Forecast Wages to turnover ratio 67% -  Football side 54%, First team  40% (47% with bonuses)

At least now we can see where the FOH money is going.

Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the Q&A (domestic arrangements - sorry CJGJ), but I listened to Ann Budge, Eric Hogg and Craig Levein's presentations.  They were all very professional and I did get answers to some of my questions. No media allowed in the meeting (unless they were shareholders).

If I've read the slides correctly from the back of the Gorgie Suite

Initial projections were made on 8,000 STs

Turnover was originally budgeted at ?4.233M but is now estimated to come in at ?5.573M

Staff costs ?3.095M to ?3.447M

Other costs ?2.414M to ?3.012M

Forecast loss -?1.276M to -?886M (before FOIH money

Costs

Riccarton ?540K  (incl Rent + coaches + kit)

Match Day costs ?360K (incl Stewarding + policing) 

Stadium costs  ?335K  (incl Rates + Cleaning)

Repairs and maint ?250K

Utilities ?235K

Leagal Audit & Professional costs ?140K

Credit Card fees ?120K (5% charge)

Insurance ?40K

Total = ?2.02M

Other costs include transport accommodation, mobile phones etc

Forecast Wages to turnover ratio 67% -  Football side 54%, First team  40% (47% with bonuses)

At least now we can see where the FOH money is going.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take it that this is a Typo FF, Should that not be ?886K ?

Nice and clear presentation though, well done

Footballfirst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take it that this is a Typo FF, Should that not be ?886K ?

Nice and clear presentation though, well done

Yup.  I've edited it since.

Footballfirst

From Craig Levein's presentation, we recruited Adam Eckersley and Miguel Pallardo off the back of the better financial position.

Scout numbers were down to 4, now 15/16 and aiming for 20.

Regional centres to go from 4 to 6 and seeking to attract 7 year olds upwards.

Hi FF,

What were your questions and what were the responses?

Apologies if you are too busy to go into detail at the moment.

Footballfirst

Hi FF,

What were your questions and what were the responses?

Apologies if you are too busy to go into detail at the moment.

Eric Hogg's presentation on the finances provided the detail I was looking for.  Ann also answered one I had on the timing of the accounts being published.

I submitted others about shareholdings and any follow up on the "Celtic" statement by email, but I don't know if they will have been answered.

Ann may not be the most comfortable sounding oral communicator, but she has a steely determination in what she believes in.

Her tone got a tad strong (wrong word) when answering emailed questions on the ?1.4m working capital and how much FOH will pay back.

The WC is income generation provided to Hearts from FoH for the club to spend as it sees fit.

FOH pays BidCo the loan, interest, fees and the top ups. Additional FOH donations back to additional revenue streams for the board to spend as it sees fit.

Not her exact words, but that is what I got from it.

Edit - as per FF above figures were provided where the money is currently going.

Ps - it loooks as if we are ahead of our budget projections submitted to SFA to secure our licence.

Turnover was ?7.3m in 2012-13 and ?6.5m in 2013-14. This year it is forecast to be ?5.5m. Was any explanation given for te decrease - is this just down to reduced TV and commercial income due to being in the Championship and the lack of sponsorship within Scottish football?

Footballfirst

Turnover was ?7.3m in 2012-13 and ?6.5m in 2013-14. This year it is forecast to be ?5.5m. Was any explanation given for te decrease - is this just down to reduced TV and commercial income due to being in the Championship and the lack of sponsorship within Scottish football?

Eric Hogg gave ?1M as the cost of being in the Championship rather than the Premiership.

We are also missing out on shirt sponsorship and other advertising opportunities because of where we are.

Being scudded out of every cup at the earliest opportunity won't have helped much.

Being scudded out of every cup at the earliest opportunity won't have helped much.

The budgeted for exiting in the first round in every cup competion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scott herbertson

The budgeted for exiting in the first round in every cup competion.

That is standard practice for all football clubs

Post AGM, the Hearts owner Ann Budge says promotion will be worth over a million pounds and is still the biggest challenge facing the club

Ann Budge also says it was an 'emotional' #Hearts AGM in which shareholders thanked her for 'giving them their club back'

Ann Budge added that manager Robbie Nielson is doing an 'amazing' job and that funds are available for the 'right player at the right price'

Is anyone able to please summarise the Q&A session afterwards? I had to leave half way through...

thanks

From what I can remember,

Stadium question will be looked in the medium term and ultimately the supporters views will be given the most weight to a final decision.

Total Cost to FoH only includes the ?2.5m plus Vat and some other costs. None of the monies from FoH ie the ?1.4m ?1m are use to pay back the loan. They use in general revenue and used as required in the day to day running of the club. If you look at the figures presented by Eric the club would end the year with a ?900k loss but the FoH input prevents that happening. The Auditors noted that the cash injection by FoH helped the club.

From what I can remember,

Stadium question will be looked in the medium term and ultimately the supporters views will be given the most weight to a final decision.

Total Cost to FoH only includes the ?2.5m plus Vat and some other costs. None of the monies from FoH ie the ?1.4m ?1m are use to pay back the loan. They use in general revenue and used as required in the day to day running of the club. If you look at the figures presented by Eric the club would end the year with a ?900k loss but the FoH input prevents that happening. The Auditors noted that the cash injection by FoH helped the club.

Thanks... was anything mentioned on working with corporates going forward?

Thanks... was anything mentioned on working with corporates going forward?

Yes Ann Park now approaching corporates.

No specifics.

Not many keen on associating with Vlad Hearts.

Archived