Angus Beith joins the Binos

Clerry Jambo

Angus Beith has joined Stirling Albion on an emergency loan deal until January.

The Scotland U19 cap will link up with the League One outfit in time for their William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers this weekend.

Midfielder Angus, a mainstay of the U20s side over the past two season, made his full debut for the Hearts first-team in August?s Petrofac Training Cup defeat to Livingston.

Good that we're sending him out to get experience and more regular football, but Stirling Albion are an absolute horror-show of a football club right now. They did well to eventually scrape promotion, but even last season when they won the league their football was horrific and the fans were unhappy. Now he's joining a team sinking in the nether-regions of League 1, going down fast and barely scraping through vs Hurlford United.

Good idea, just not to such a shite club.

The Treasurer

Not seen a lot of him but what I have seen suggests he's not far away from first team football.

Hopefully this loan spell will help push him on to the next stage.

He definitely has the ability so it's up to him to make the most of this chance.

My half sister

Good that we're sending him out to get experience and more regular football, but Stirling Albion are an absolute horror-show of a football club right now. They did well to eventually scrape promotion, but even last season when they won the league their football was horrific and the fans were unhappy. Now he's joining a team sinking in the nether-regions of League 1, going down fast and barely scraping through vs Hurlford United.

Had you noticed that they've changed managers recently? Robert Snodgrass went on loan to Stirling Albion!

Had you noticed that they've changed managers recently? Robert Snodgrass went on loan to Stirling Albion!

I don't think the Snodgrass thing is very relevant tbh....

The idea of these loans is to give young players exposure to an environment where results are important. Stirling Albion would appear to be a place where that is the case at this moment.

Yes. Even though they were in the play-offs last season the fans were still slating him and calling for his head. They went into their cup game without a manager and failed to beat Hurlford (but won through in the replay). Unless Stuart McLaren has made drastic changes (2 losses and a draw), they'll sink further and the fans will continue to pressure the team.

The idea of these loans is to give young players exposure to an environment where results are important. Stirling Albion would appear to be a place where that is the case at this moment.

I would say results at Hearts are important as well to be honest.

Disser Pointon

I'm going to their home game next weekend before our staff party up at Dunblane Hydro, from the look of the league they're toiling big time but it should be a laugh!

My half sister

Yes. Even though they were in the play-offs last season the fans were still slating him and calling for his head. They went into their cup game without a manager and failed to beat Hurlford (but won through in the replay). Unless Stuart McLaren has made drastic changes (2 losses and a draw), they'll sink further and the fans will continue to pressure the team.

....but he's not getting a game at Hearts.

It's a good move for both parties

I must have missed him playing in the Hearts first team?

I misunderstood that at first glance and thought he had just joined them on loan to get match fitness :laugh:  

Don't know how to edit the post, but seemingly he performed quite well. Straight into the team and played 90 mins in a much improved performance. Pleasing start

There are a helluva lot of good young players at Hearts.They are all screaming out for experience. Any player with 20 plus first team matches at professional level is more appealing to suitors than a player with 40 matches at development level.In the event of Smith,oliver,Beith et al possibly not all 'making it' at Hearts at least they are ready & equipped for the next stage of their career.

Good move for the lad. Maybe he's looked around the dressing room and noticed a guy who refused to go out on loan at a similar age and noted how his career has stalled and will no doubt be 1st to leave in Jan.

Archived