Neil McCann - "Rangers can win the title"

richfish23

Francis Albert

Nothing to see here. You can argue about who has the stronger squad but that's a matter of opinion and won't be proven one way or another until the league is won. Maybe even not then if you factor in the impact of

the manager and coaching staff and other extraneous factors.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too right, he even goes on to talk about Kilmarnock! You'd think it was some kind of advert for an upcoming Rangers Kilmarnock game or something and not an editorial about Hearts.

:lol:

Nothing particularly controversial. The Rangers can still win the league. So can H1B5. Neither of them will though.

is Terry not allowed to express an opinion (he is a pundit no less) unless he agree's with you!?!? Grow up....

If you had taken the time to read the thread you would have seen I admitted it was a bit of an overreaction to say I lost all respect. I wrote it in the heat of the moment when I felt surprised he didn't have one positive thing to say about Hearts. He was just sure that "Rangers are the stronger squad and Hearts will dip." 

Sure he can have an opinion, I'm just gutted that a favourite player of mine was so sure that Hearts wouldn't be able to maintain this great form we've been in. 

No doubt it's true that they can catch us.

My problem with him is he's a bitter wee man, at the start of the season his thinking was Levein only brought Robbie in to take the flak when it all went wrong and CL would eventually step into the dugout. He seems desperate for that to come true, think there's a lot of jealousy there when Robbie got the job and he's still putting the cones out for Jefferies. Obviously there's the old pals act with Locke, brown etc too.

**** him, gonna be a lot of egg on a lot of faces come may.

kingantti1874

is Terry not allowed to express an opinion (he is a pundit no less) unless he agree's with you!?!? Grow up....

His punditry during the opening game of the season was awful... He's a sevco apologist...

That said I don't think he's said anything wrong here

kingantti1874

Lost all respect for Neil McCann?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I lost a lot for him when he was unjustly critical of ann budge, Craig Levrin and Robbie Neilson when Locke was "sacked"

You know what is getting on my nerves is people saying about dips in form and injuries. Correct me if I am wrong but Rangers will also get injuries and suspensions or are they immune to these and its only Hearts that get "injuries and suspensions" For example the boy Mcleod has been a talisman for them this season his form has dipped recently and that coincedes with Rangers form dipping.

Anyway rant over and ram it Neil Mccann.

No, sorry but you are wrong.  I've now seen heaps of "experts" say that we are the only club who will have injuries, suspensions and whose form will dip.

Doesn't seem fair to me.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Of course they can win the title.

9 points at this stage is a good lead but we've got traditionally the toughest period of the season still to negotiate.

Don't know how you can lose 'all respect' for someone when they give an honest and pretty mild opinion on football.

Malinga the Swinga

Yet to hear from any pundit who predicts Rangers form will dip, or even that Hibs\Queen of the South will suffer from a form dip. All of these teams apparently have men made from iron, as none of them are going to suffer from injuries either.

Hearts will of course suffer both.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

They can still win the title. Seriously, you lost all respect for one of the best players we've had in decades because of that?

The biggest concern for Hearts is the officials. Not the opposition teams but the actual officials, in respect of how they go about refereeing both Hearts and rangers matches. I would wager none of our current officials are up t the task in hand as witnessed on Saturday when apparently one if our top ones bottled decision after decision.

the sub goalie

The 'pundits' are desperate for the Rangers to be promoted so they have the old firm fixture back.

When you look at what we have achieved recently with the take over, sell out games, a young and exciting team and young forward thinking coach implenting new training strategies it is a breath of fresh air in the scottish game.

Sure, the media will always focus and mostly pander to the old firm, but you know what, stuff them.

I stopped buying papers in the summer and I have not missed our resident 'experts' opinion one little bit.

let them spout their rubbish while Robbie and Craig keep the team focussed, motivated and winning games.

chester copperpot

Some of the overreactions on here are fairly lolable these days.

Rangers can still win the title. Anyone who states otherwise is WRONG!

They can still win the title. Seriously, you lost all respect for one of the best players we've had in decades because of that?

If he takes the red white and blue specs of he will see that his beloved Gers are falling apart.

Never mind catching Hearts they'll be lucky to negotiate the play offs.

Not sure if anyone had seen this from Neil McCann. Used to be my favourite Hearts player, lost all respect for him now though after reading this.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/9580341/scottish-football-neil-mccann-believes-rangers-can-reel-in-hearts-and-win-the-title

Does there need to be a person with you at all time to remind you to breath in and out?

It's his opinion, nothing in it really. If anything it's just sly digs at ally and Rangers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pandering to the subscribers, pretty standard boring comments really. I do like Neil, but he could be the next Provan.

It's all a bit lazy really, they aren't really watching us at all. Happy to continue to sail under their radar, brimming with confidence, superior organisation, superior players. Their bench was I mingin at the weekend, some of the starters not so good either.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just checked Betfair, 1.44 Hearts, or 4/9, nothing certain, but take into account we are up against an OF team, a strong indication of public support which is unbiased opinion.

Too right, he even goes on to talk about Kilmarnock! You'd think it was some kind of advert for an upcoming Rangers Kilmarnock game or something and not an editorial about Hearts.

Was starting to think nobody had noticed that

Words are cheap it's points that count and at this point in time we are 9 clear of them.....simple as that really  

Of course they could still win the league and he like others are correct they do have the strongest squad in the division but as I've said before fortunately they have fat salary, ahem, coaching/managing them and IMO they won't win feck all with him in charge, long may that continue.

Rangers COULD still win the league. They won't but they could. Former Rankgers player bigging them up shock. I hope everyone connected to them maintains that they are good enough, as is to catch us and win the league. I hope they carry on with this "better squad, injureez and sushpenshuns" nonsense. I hope nothing changes. They carry on waiting for the bubble to burst and we carry on not losing. **** em all!

Pant wetting extraordinaire on here for nothing.

Let's get this straight, Neil is on sky sports because he was a rangers player. He been asked an opinion with

22 games to go! He would look a right clown saying 'no I don't think they have a chance'

What he wasn't asked is 'who do you think will win the league'.

I now understand why people can't get over Elvis when I see the reactions on this thread.

Neil went down in my estimations when he started spouting the "Robbie's just Levien's puppet" pish before the game at Ibrox. I don't agree with his opinion that Rangers have the better squad. One of my favourite players and normally a good pundit, but he's been full of p1ss and wind this season.

scott herbertson

Did Ann actually say it's not critical to win the league?

I really wish she wouldn't say things like this. The fight from the team may slowly dissappear if they hear the powers that be say they're not expected to win the league and not win every game.

Did you really believe she said this because you read it in the media?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/3995

I really wish people wouldn't fall for this  - it saps the collective will to succeed

He works with Sky. Sky have been cheerleaders for Rangers for the last couple of seasons, supporting their campaign to get into the top league. Sky want Celtic v Rangers games (advertising revenue?), so like to publish anything that pushes the idea of Rangers as something big. Neil's toeing the Sky party line I suspect. In any case its no big deal if he thinks Rangers can win the league.

A lot of people embarrassing themselves on here this past couple if days, moaning because Robbie hasn't asked for a public lynching for Boyd and co, crying because of the mere suggestion of a move from Tynecastle and now this.

Bizarre behaviour.

A lot of people embarrassing themselves on here this past couple if days, moaning because Robbie hasn't asked for a public lynching for Boyd and co, crying because of the mere suggestion of a move from Tynecastle and now this.

Bizarre behaviour.

I think it's a case of too many people reading a headline that has been reported out of context, then reacting to it without bothering to read what was actually said.  You would think most people would have wised up to this by now!

They're entitled to their opinion but what John Brown, Derek Ferguson, Niel McCann etc. think or say is irrelevant to what will happen in the league. They'll catch us because they have a stronger squad and we'll have a duff spell...... well that's just a guess, it jus tells us what they actually hope will happen. All that assumes they don't have a duff spell themselves, lose important players to injury - they're older so might be more likely - or have to sell their best players in January because they're in a mess financially - that's all speculation too.

The FACTS are - they have a more expensive squad, an older squad, are arranging loans to keep the club going, are nine points behind and I don't care what ex or current Rangers players say.

portobellojambo1

Not sure if anyone had seen this from Neil McCann. Used to be my favourite Hearts player, lost all respect for him now though after reading this.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/9580341/scottish-football-neil-mccann-believes-rangers-can-reel-in-hearts-and-win-the-title

Relatively innocent type of statement to make, i.e. 14 games have been played in the season and "The Rangers can still win the league". The number of points still to play for would back up the fact The Rangers can still win the league. Did he say The Rangers will win the league, not as far as I can see, because that isn't a statement anyone could make with confidence.

I was reading something on here just the other night where people were getting upset because Robbie Neilson was speaking about last weekend's game in a very diplomatic manner, and not being drawn into saying anything rash. Are these type of threads symptomatic of what happens to HMFC fans when things are going well, some just start looking for anything to pick up on and react to.

loveofthegame

You've lost all respect for a player who served the club over two spells and lifted silverware because he didn't say Hearts have the league in the bag in November? :laugh:

You poor wee soul you.

This!!

Neil McCann is an absolute Hearts legend who helped end over 40 years of pain for the support! He loves the club and has gone on record to state that the Scottish Cup win with Hearts in 1998 meant more to him than any other medal he won because of the celebrations etc.

He says the league isn't over yet which clearly it isn't! Anyone that thinks we already have it wrapped up is getting way, way ahead of themselves.

kingantti1874

This!!

Neil McCann is an absolute Hearts legend who helped end over 40 years of pain for the support! He loves the club and has gone on record to state that the Scottish Cup win with Hearts in 1998 meant more to him than any other medal he won because of the celebrations etc.

He says the league isn't over yet which clearly it isn't! Anyone that thinks we already have it wrapped up is getting way, way ahead of themselves.

I agree with all of this.. As before his "views" presented on sky at the first game of the season were utter shite and a borderline disgrace...

loveofthegame

I agree with all of this.. As before his "views" presented on sky at the first game of the season were utter shite and a borderline disgrace...

Man in sticking up for mate shocker...

Stephane Grappelli

I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw him skipping the queue for Spurs tickets three years ago.  One minute he's 3 or 4 places behind me, the next he's behind the glass panel helping himself.

loveofthegame

I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw him skipping the queue for Spurs tickets three years ago.  One minute he's 3 or 4 places behind me, the next he's behind the glass panel helping himself.

Not sure if serious....

Back of the Bus

Neil lives round the corner from me. He'll be taken to task next time I see him for having the audacity to state the obvious.

Neil lives round the corner from me. He'll be held to task next time I see him for having the audacity to state the obvious.

Throw dug shite at his window just to make sure he gets the message.

Stephane Grappelli

Feeling physically sick at that, shaking with rage so I am.

I felt the same at the time but I'm nearly over it now.

Archived