stadium/stand naming rights

Sepp's Bladder

Sepp's Bladder

I noticed on another thread that a fair few people believe that selling naming rights would raise large funds for us.

Realistically what would that figure be? Personally, I don't think people will be tripping over themselves for these rights. Considering we currently play in a league body that can't even find a willing sponsor.

If we were to find someone willing, at what minimum price would you accept renaming Tynecastle?

Think Alloa got a 6 figure sum for theirs, so imagine ours would go for a couple of million depending on the length of the deal.

we discussed this before quite a few times the general consensus was that Hertz Car Hire would be a good one for us we could just call it the Hertz stadium or the Hertz Arena

A new stadium is where the decent money is for naming rights.

Should we ever build one then we could receive a fair amount for those naming rights.

A new stadium is where the decent money is for naming rights.

Should we ever build one then we could receive a fair amount for those naming rights.

I would probably agree

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Budge stand, in exchange for a loan to build it. Once the loan is repaid, flog the naming rights, with her having first refusal. :thumbsup:

Would like to think that this is where being part of the fabric of one of the worlds most iconic small cities would play a big factor. The team of people that Ann Budge is putting in place as well as those working in FOH and indeed some of the notable people who were involved in securing the future of Hearts in recent times have many contacts in the business world. Hopefully there would be considerable interest in being part of a project like this that will serve the not only Heart of Midlothian Football Club but the wider community in Gorgie and Edinburgh.

That or become part of the Red Bull sporting franchise......!

Malinga the Swinga

If we do manage to sell naming rights, I couldn't care less what the name is, as long as we got fair value and a decent sum. Supporters will always call it Tynecastle anyway.

I wouldn't want any name apart from Tynecastle. Park.

a wee aside.The Voda/O2 base station underneath the Wheatfield is named Tynecastle PARK(all base stations are named and numbered)

Skivingatwork

I think this is the way forward in funding either a new stand or new stadium. Murrayfield sold the naming rights to BT and we should certainly explore a similar option.

Sepp's Bladder

I wouldn't want any name apart from Tynecastle.

What if it was a 2.5 - 3 million deal for 10 years which would go towards the rebuilding of the mainstand?

Can't really see any significant money for sponsoring a stand, how often is the "Microsoft Stand" likely to get mentioned during commentry or in match reports etc? The only way there's likely to be any major income would be for the whole stadium.

Expert on the subject

BT sponsor Murrayfield as it plays host to top international rugby with viewing figures in the millions, I noticed the Scotland players were mentioning it as the BT stadium in BBC interviews (well trained) - it is also a high spec stadium for corporates, let?s be honest the main stand in comparison is a rickety old shed,  not exactly befitting of positive imagery any company would want to convey , also the audience for any sponsorship is minimal these days , outside of Hearts fans there is no interest in our championship games , don?t mean to piss on the bonfire but as a commercial decision for any company this is up there with sponsoring a three wheel van

^^^^^^^^ Certainly NOT an 'Expert on the subject' !!! Nobody is talking about a company sponsoring the current main stand, it is investment in a rebuild, possibly naming rights of that or the stadium as a whole that is being discussed and speculated upon. There is no reason whatsoever that Hearts can't attract a significant name to the table in exploring a big sponsorship deal to do with our stadium and facilities.

I'd be interested in Scotland's rugby viewing figures btw.

Can you imagine though if the naming rights were then imposed on the Hearts song? Hector Nicol would be singing "Away Up in Gorgie at" SportsDirect (voiced over) "Park" ....  that was a purely random example by the way, just the 3 syllables scanned ok!

I wouldn't want any name apart from Tynecastle.

I don't give a shiny shite what the ground is called if it's bringing a good wedge into the club. None of us will call it by the new name anyway...

Peterborough United have a 5 year deal worth ?100k per year...

I wouldn't imagine that an SPL side (Celtic aside) could hope for much more than that?

Peterborough United have a 5 year deal worth ?100k per year...

I wouldn't imagine that an SPL side (Celtic aside) could hope for much more than that?

With no offence we have a far greater media spotlight than Peterborough which will be a key component of how much money we could get

Heart of Midlothian Football Club based in Edinburgh one the worlds great small cities has far more gravitas and marketibility than Peterborough that's for sure. We get a ton more media coverage, live televised matches and have a much greater chance of playing in Europe etc etc. Those figures are actually are a positive for me as if they can attain that we can sign a deal for much more.

loveofthegame

If it makes us money, I'm all for it. Sometimes you need to get with the times.

It will ALWAYS be Tynecastle to us the fans.

With no offence we have a far greater media spotlight than Peterborough which will be a key component of how much money we could get

Agree to a point, I only used Peterborough as they came up first on google (they signed that deal this week).

However, I suspect the usual elements would come in to play when comparing finance between the leagues. Our media coverage is a small market, etc.

I am also encouraged by the figures as we should be able to get at least as much, likely more...

It is not going to be a golden ticket to a new stand, etc. though.

The amount of money we'd get would be much lower than many expect IMO.

As a comparison our home and away shirt sponsorship only generates low 6 figures per year but gives much more exposure to the sponsor.

BT sponsor Murrayfield as it plays host to top international rugby with viewing figures in the millions, I noticed the Scotland players were mentioning it as the BT stadium in BBC interviews (well trained) - it is also a high spec stadium for corporates, let?s be honest the main stand in comparison is a rickety old shed,  not exactly befitting of positive imagery any company would want to convey , also the audience for any sponsorship is minimal these days , outside of Hearts fans there is no interest in our championship games , don?t mean to piss on the bonfire but as a commercial decision for any company this is up there with sponsoring a three wheel van

Murrayfield Stadium is now called BT Murrayfield Stadium not BT Stadium. BT realised that it would always be known as Murrayfield Stadium so found that it would be pointless trying to totally rename Murrayfield with a name that nobody would use so much better to just add their BT initials at the start of the name. Totally renaming an existing stadium would be pretty pointless, it would only happen if/ when we consider building a new stadium which I can't see happening in the foreseeable future. In the mean time I would be more than happy to see stadium renamed as the Tynecastle Hertz or Tynecastle O2 stadium as examples, as long as the price was right.

Expert on the subject

^^^^^^^^ Certainly NOT an 'Expert on the subject' !!! Nobody is talking about a company sponsoring the current main stand, it is investment in a rebuild, possibly naming rights of that or the stadium as a whole that is being discussed and speculated upon. There is no reason whatsoever that Hearts can't attract a significant name to the table in exploring a big sponsorship deal to do with our stadium and facilities.

I'd be interested in Scotland's rugby viewing figures btw.

Sorry I would love this to be true but in the present state of affair this proposition is deluded , bear in mind the club was bought for  2-3 million  if there were sound business reasons for sponsoring Tyncastle what are they ? how can a company realistically make money out of it , exposure is local - broadcasting is minimal

Dont have the exact figure on viewing figures but would bet you a charitbale donation that Scotland attract over a million viewers this season

With the BT deal they sponsor Scotland , but that is part of a strategy more importantly their profile is raised as a 6 nations venue hosting all the teams at some point,  The 6 nations is big buisness and the figures are quite inpressive ,Hearts are nowhere near competing for sponsors at that kind of level -   even as a part of a joint venture with the league

link has some of the background  - http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/news/20762.php

brunoatemyhamster

The Edinburgh council arena.

::troll:::'>

Aye. 3 million for an Arena and 50 million to get a tram to stop outside.

Archived