Hearts taxi app

wbm1874

Not reliable and a lot of negative reviews online, stick to a black cab and give what you can to the club direct that way you know they will get it. Imo

My work used them for about 10 months last year & you would be better using the rickshaws operated by students. The drivers didn`t have a clue where they were going , and worked up to 16 hour shifts , resulting in staff being scared sh!tle$$ about travelling with EPH taxis.

I've travelled with them a good few times and not had any problems at all. Always on time and took me from A to B with no problems whatsoever.

Only gripe I've had with them was one day the chip & pin machine wasn't working properly so after a couple of attempts I paid the driver cash. He said it might've come out my bank anyway which if it does, phone the head office and he will deliver a refund to me. This happened and a refund I did not get.

Kept getting the excuse that the driver wasn't on shift at the moment I'd need to call back. Couldn't be arsed with the hassle and arguing for ?6 but haven't used them since.

Use blacks! We're miles from perfect but a million times better than PHC. I suppose you do get 20% off, IF you meet a certain criteria (a million journeys or something?)

Hibs are using the exact same firm btw & did an exact same promo thing last week.

It's not exclusive to Hearts so I'll not be using them to go shopping for my hearts jammies. They can GTF.

Seymour M Hersh

Use blacks! We're miles from perfect but a million times better than PHC. I suppose you do get 20% off, IF you meet a certain criteria (a million journeys or something?)

You black hack drivers are funny. Fat, and scruffily dressed but funny.

luckyBatistuta

Im sorry but I wouldn't give them a penny and here is a few reasons why...

1/ I wouldn't expect to be called and paid as an electrician just because I have a scewdriver and set of wire cutters

2/ I wouldn't expect to be called and paid as a hairdresser just because I have scissors and a comb

3/ I wouldn't expect to be called and paid as a plumber just because I have a spanner

So why do these guys try to pretend they are taxi drivers and know where they are going just because they have a driving licence and a sat nav.Why don't they have a bit of pride in themselves and actually qualify in the profession and maybe then I will think about using them.

RANT OVER...

1/ I wouldn't expect to be called and paid as an electrician just because I have a scewdriver and set of wire cutters

2/ I wouldn't expect to be called and paid as a hairdresser just because I have scissors and a comb

3/ I wouldn't expect to be called and paid as a plumber just because I have a spanner

So why do these guys try to pretend they are taxi drivers and know where they are going just because they have a driving licence and a sat nav.Why don't they have a bit of pride in themselves and actually qualify in the profession and maybe then I will think about using them.

RANT OVER...

To be fair, that's just one long reason...

i enjoy taking the train to away games better can be a bit of a nightmare though if the stadium is far from the ground like Dundee & Hampden 

Son Of Anarchy

I don't use taxis often tbf and I have a couple of mates who work for them but isn't the owner a hobo and the phone number all 7s? That's enough for me to call a black cab.

I don't use taxis often tbf and I have a couple of mates who work for them but isn't the owner a hobo and the phone number all 7s? That's enough for me to call a black cab.

7's?

Erses

Personally always use a black cab.

As the rant above says, black cab drivers spend a fair whack of time and money to earn their brief.  These guys pipe up in a Skoda Octavia with a sat nav and offer it cheaper.  I'd rather pay the extra two quid not to have to commentate the whole journey home, "left here, right here, keep going..."  Plus half the time I'm in a taxi I can barely talk anyway.

Seymour M Hersh

Personally always use a black cab.

As the rant above says, black cab drivers spend a fair whack of time and money to earn their brief.  These guys pipe up in a Skoda Octavia with a sat nav and offer it cheaper.  I'd rather pay the extra two quid not to have to commentate the whole journey home, "left here, right here, keep going..."  Plus half the time I'm in a taxi I can barely talk anyway.

I dare say PHC drivers are delighted not to have slavering drunks in their cars of an evening.

I've been using these guys for a year. Always arrive prompt and never had a problem getting from a to b. 20% off, so cheaper than black cab. Only charged me ?14 to the airport from slateford where it was ?18 in a black cab previous time

Refreshment Barrier

Balgreen to Standing Order - clown went torphicen street, morrison street, lothian road then down to queen street and back up to george street!!

Needless to say, once he knocked the 20% off even more was knowcked off by me

RANT OVER...

Totally agree, yeah let's do the knowledge and pay ?70k to get a taxi and plate when someone uses the family car and puts a fire extinguisher under their seat and off they magically become a cab??? No training, No standards, nothing!!!!!

Charlatans!!!!!

impostorTranslate Button

[im-pos-ter]

noun

a person who practices deception under an assumed character, identity, or name.

Used them many a time & always been reliable & friendly. You black cab drivers are funny, I'll be brutally honest here it's not exactly a skill is it? If Joe bloggs can turn up with a sat nav & get me from A-B then I'm happy, don't care if you pass a topography or the knowledge test so long as you have a valid drivers license then all good in my eyes.

Used them many a time & always been reliable & friendly. You black cab drivers are funny, I'll be brutally honest here it's not exactly a skill is it? If Joe bloggs can turn up with a sat nav & get me from A-B then I'm happy, don't care if you pass a topography or the knowledge test so long as you have a valid drivers license then all good in my eyes.

Correct.

I'm sick of getting in taxis and having the drivers bitch about each other. Happens all the time.

I have to disagree, you must also think there is no problem with congestion in the city nor must you think a level of competence should be met for someone transporting vulnerable people about.

Your opinion must be similar to others as these companies get work however there is a greater argument to made against them and everything they stand for.

Got them from slateford to the airport the Asian driver asked me what way o I want to go which I thought was a bit strange I told him go past ricarton then past b o s at gogarburn he went some random way instead where there was lots of traffic jams so no tip for him and never use again

BoJack Horseman

Capital Cars is it not? Use them exclusively, never had a problem. It's not a required skill to know your way around a city now that we have Sat Nav, so I don't see why you expect these guys to have the whole of Edinburgh mapped in their head. I wouldn't hassle a cashier for using their scanner and till to tally up my purchases rather than doing the arithmetic in their head.

Say What Again

Someone posted here years ago that every black cab driver he'd ever met, had been a 'greetin faced zoomer'.

Wise words :lol:

BoJack Horseman

Someone posted here years ago that every black cab driver he'd ever met, had been a 'greetin faced zoomer'.

Wise words :lol:

I'd be greetin as well if my archaic "skilled" job was on the line due to advancements in technology. Must be like being a travel agent in the noughties.

I have to disagree, you must also think there is no problem with congestion in the city nor must you think a level of competence should be met for someone transporting vulnerable people about.

Your opinion must be similar to others as these companies get work however there is a greater argument to made against them and everything they stand for.

There is congestion in the city but that's not solely the fault of private hire cabs. I'd love to know how black cab drivers are qualified to transport "vulnerable" people.

The fact is the profession of taxi driving has evolved but taxi drivers haven't.

Archived