BigBudgeCommunication

Paulie Walnut

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

Did nobody else here, hear the announcement on Radio Scotland. I did

I didn't. What did it say and did it say it would be "juicy"?

I didn't. What did it say and did it say it would be "juicy"?

Full interview on tomorrow evening, probably a few bits out during the day and a wee clip of Ann talking about "self interest" when describing meetings between Owners/Chairmen/women and how it hinders attempts to improve the game, also going to be talking about women in football or something along those lines (maybe someone else can confirm).

On the Radio, I think. Only snippet I heard is she wants the other clubs in Scotland to see the 'bigger picture' and stop acting entirely selfishly.

The  Beeb were not for letting us know 'bout the rest until tomorrow nigh,, probably after 6pm? Not sure on that though.

Francis Albert

On the Radio, I think. Only snippet I heard is she wants the other clubs in Scotland to see the 'bigger picture' and stop acting entirely selfishly.

The  Beeb were not for letting us know 'bout the rest until tomorrow nigh,, probably after 6pm? Not sure on that though.

Will be interesting to what she means by other clubs acting entirely selfishly - which clubs and how.

Will be interesting to what she means by other clubs acting entirely selfishly - which clubs and how.

celtic & the whole "living wage" thing they dont want to have probably

Dalkeith Jambo

They also said she would be discussing Robbie Neilson and the future of Tynecastle. Interview was done by Brian McLaughlin and will be broadcast in full on tomorrows sportsound.

I would hope that if she is talking about clubs acting selfishly, it's more about the game in general.

Francis Albert

I doubt that very much. First it would hardly be a classy thing to do to preach in a "we're better than you" way and second why pick on Celtic?

I assume it is related in some way to football (league structure, revenue distribution, voting rights???). I hope she hits the right targets but doubt she'll take them on at this early stage. 

Probably wanting clubs to vote for a 16 team Premiership to allow The Rangers back to their rightful place next season. :Aye:  

Yep was on Sportsound just before the end of the programme tonight.

Pretty much as noted above:-

- Snippets on Radio Scotland all day (not sure if anything will be on TV)

- Full interview on Sportsound

- Will discuss self interest and not the wider picture; Robbie; future of Tynecastle and women in football.

They did a wee sound bite from the interview and it was the line (and only a line) on Ann saying it was clear clubs* focus on self interest rather than the wider game as a whole.

Football being football, rather than being listened to, as long as what she says makes sense, she has probably made enemies in the old guard already.

Hopefully not.

* Quick edit - not sure if she specifically said 'clubs' and it was maybe more a generic 'self interest' quote.

Francis Albert

Nothing I have seen or heard from the new regime suggests that they will be in the forefront of some revolution in the Scottish game. Quite the opposite - it looks more likely that after the Vlad tantrums we are

more likely to be in the game of winning friends and influencing people, including the "old guard" that run the game here. (Our almost apologetic reaction to Saturday's thuggery supports this view)

That may well be a wise course in the interim. I think we'll have to wait until fan ownership before there is any chance of Hearts stepping out of line (again) in any major way.

Nothing I have seen or heard from the new regime suggests that they will be in the forefront of some revolution in the Scottish game. Quite the opposite - it looks more likely that after the Vlad tantrums we are

more likely to be in the game of winning friends and influencing people, including the "old guard" that run the game here. (Our almost apologetic reaction to Saturday's thuggery supports this view)

That may well be a wise course in the interim. I think we'll have to wait until fan ownership before there is any chance of Hearts stepping out of line (again) in any major way.

You can be polite and still disagree with someone.

You don't have to point the finger to discuss the bigger picture.

We'll see.

I kind of hope she's about to breeze in and be all "What on earth was all the fuss about? Running a football club is hardly rocket science. Just get folk in who know what they're doing and it's pretty damn easy." But she won't, because she's too polite...or at least, even if she does think along those lines she won't put it like that anyway.

mmmm - maybe

or perhaps biding their time, getting our own house in order

certainly you need allies to change things unless you are very powerful

but we'll see

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Probably wanting clubs to vote for a 16 team Premiership to allow The Rangers back to their rightful place next season. :Aye:  

Guaranteed points, what's not to like?

Will be interesting to hear this interview...as Jammy T says the SPFL should be welcoming Ann (and her management team) with open arms.

She is quite uniquely placed as she has a fixed stewardship period, the goals and targets are clear and her anticipated outcome (personal reward if you like) is already defined. Given these reasons she has no personal agenda or reward to gain other than to benefit the game in general.

Ann's quote of self interest by owners and people who run clubs is hardly a sensation.

Stuart Gilmore (st midden) came out a few years back and admitted he'd voted against something (league recon i think) because of self interest. At least he admitted it, whilst others hid.

These is so little money in the game now, on wonder people vote for themselves. Hamilton and partick (for example), need celtic to visit twice a season, why would they vote to potentially go to once?

I'm interested to see what Ann says about tynecastle. She knows we can't be seen flushing money away maintaining it.......the new Ann budge stand?

Francis Albert

Thanks for that dokratrO. To repeat what I posted, I am predicting that Ann won't be stupid enough to engage in a full frontal assault on the Scottish football authorities and by implication fellow club owners and that she will be absolutely right

not to follow Vlad's example. Would be good to hear alternative views if they exist.

Francis Albert

Tyncastle has to be a big talking point. The stadium is outdated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three quarters of the Stadium is among the least "outdated" in Scotland.

Some of us seem to have signed onto the Hibbie myth that Tynecastle is a dilapidated crumbling death trap.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, let's get our business fixed before we look at spending money on a new stand.

Far too many people prioritising the stand, forgetting we are literally just out the arse end of a CVA and administration event.

kingantti1874

As regards the main stand I would think we will pocket some good money in players sales over the next few years and use that to fund a simple replacement for the main stand.

letsalllaughathobos

I've said it before and I'll say it again, let's get our business fixed before we look at spending money on a new stand.

Far too many people prioritising the stand, forgetting we are literally just out the arse end of a CVA and administration event.

Bang on, also the stadium is fine, in dire need of maintenance but that's getting sorted too,

Budge has inherited a bag of shite and slowly cleaning it out bringing it back to have a bit of pride,

I totally agree with this and I hope that whilst we have the leaders we do they see this as a major priority. Yes there are obstacles and big financial implications but for the longer term future of the club it needs to be tackled at some point. Personally I would trust them to be the people overseeing it. The stadium capacity whilst not impacting us game to game (this Sunday for instance will see empty seats) has decreased so much in recent years that it is now not appropriate for a club with Hearts fan base. We could have sold a lot more tickets last weekend to both Hearts and Rangers fans, similarly the New Year game will sellout immediately leaving plenty people locked out. The hope that many will have is that a way can be found to build a large main stand and remain at Tynecastle within a reasonable budget. For me this would be the time to seek investment through the naming of that stand as a major contribution and hopefully Ann Budge may have the contacts to do something like that.

jamboinglasgow

As others say, it has been clear that there has been self-interest running through Scottish football from years. From the clubs who will not vote for something which may make a big difference long term it may less short term, to individuals who just want to keep in power and not actually change things (Petrie is a perfect example of this only Hibs so he can get a position on the top SFA board.) Ann alone wont change it, if she is the only owner saying it others will ignore her, she needs to get others on side.

We're 9 points clear at the top. I don't think that's the right way to go about winning friends amongst the old guard!

I'm hoping she calls out Neil Doncaster as a weasel-faced *****.

Worse than that, I hope!

The truth will be sufficient.

We're 9 points clear at the top. I don't think that's the right way to go about winning friends amongst the old guard!

But surely the further ahead we go, the more pressure we put on ourselves, so by beating the huns, we piled more pressure on ourselves while presumably easing the pressure on them.  They must be pleased at that.  

But surely the further ahead we go, the more pressure we put on ourselves, so by beating the huns, we piled more pressure on ourselves while presumably easing the pressure on them. They must be pleased at that.

Is that you Pat / Terry? :-D

Francis Albert

Of course that's right and long may it continue. No-one is suggesting we should throw games to win friends, But that's not really the point. How do you think Ann in her capacity as club owner should set about influencing the future development of the game in

Scotland? For me an all out assault on Doncaster and the chairpersons/owners of other clubs (however superficially appealing)is probably not the way.

Jimmy McNulty

The sense I get is that Ms Budge has way too much class to say anything controversial.

It may still ruffle a few feathers in certain quarters, but I imagine the responses are eloquent and well measured as always.

Unlike that ***** from Easter Road.

Bridge of Djoum

Thanks for that dokratrO. To repeat what I posted, I am predicting that Ann won't be stupid enough to engage in a full frontal assault on the Scottish football authorities and by implication fellow club owners and that she will be absolutely right

not to follow Vlad's example. Would be good to hear alternative views if they exist.

I'm reasonably intelligent and still cant understand your point. 

In her interview with kickback. Sure she said stadium was medium term plans and she only has full control for 5 years. 2016/17 I would say.

Archived