Hibs Vs Rangers

Gorgieshed

This could be a massive game for both Edinburgh teams.

Hibs win and that's a chance for us to extend our lead further. At the same time it will be a huge psychological boost for our neighbours in what could be an end of season playoff. Which would obviously play on The Rangers minds if that situation arises.

It will be a rare occasion where I will be supporting Hibs.

Most Hibs fans will want Rangers to win, guarantee it.

Doubt it, some are deluded and still think they can win it. Like I say, it would be a huge psychological boost for them.

It's the weekend before the Derby, a fair chance Hibs will pick up a couple of injuries against rangers. Not a bad thing for us

portobellojambo1

This could be a massive game for both Edinburgh teams.

Hibs win and that's a chance for us to extend our lead further. At the same time it will be a huge psychological boost for our neighbours in what could be an end of season playoff. Which would obviously play on The Rangers minds if that situation arises.

It will be a rare occasion where I will be supporting Hibs.

In addition to playing Hibernian at Easter Road on 27 December they also have to travel down to Dumfries and play QotS on Friday 12 December. These are both games they could conspire to lose, or even drawing isn't out of the question. They also have to visit Alloa on 10 January 2015, the week before we are due at Ibrox. They are coming towards a number of fixtures which could see them slip further behind us and a lot closer to those behind them at the moment.

The trick is not to drop the ball with our own form. Its a no brainer to want your closest rival to drop points but it will be useless unless we keep winning. I like everyone else have been wondering who will be the first to take 3 points of us. And I've been following football long enough to know that the kick in the baws can come when you think you've got it all figured out. The next game is always the most important. That's what Robbie keeps drilling into the boys hopefully.

The trick is not to drop the ball with our own form. Its a no brainer to want your closest rival to drop points but it will be useless unless we keep winning. I like everyone else have been wondering who will be the first to take 3 points of us. And I've been following football long enough to know that the kick in the baws can come when you think you've got it all figured out. The next game is always the most important. That's what Robbie keeps drilling into the boys hopefully.

:indeed:

Main thing is for us to keep on winning , if we can do this then other results don't matter. Saying that however , it would be great to be 12 points in front of The Rangers going into Jan 2015

Snake Plissken

Hibs to win or almost win.

No way in hell we'll drop enough points for them to catch us.

The further we draw away from the team in 2nd place the better.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we end 2014 with a 15 point lead.

wentworth jambo

Any wee team that takes points off Sevco in this league is alright by me....27th December will be no different.

loveofthegame

I want what is best for Hearts and IMO that is Rangers dropping as many points as possible. Hibs will not catch us. No chance.

Therefore a Hibs win please.

we should do enough ourselves from here for it to not matter, therefore Huns to pump them - i hate the filth too much to ever want them to win.

As Jamboy81 says let's concentrate on our games, it is our league to lose. I would take an almost win for the vermin, which in Stubb's mindset is really a draw.

Nope. Hibs to be destroyed. Everytime.

We don't need their, or anyone else's, input as to how our season will progress.

Draw and both down to 8 men would be nice, given what we witnessed on Saturday it seems a very likely outcome. I fancy Dylan McGouchhege (however you spell it) to be on the receiving end of some special attention, Liam Craig will be sent packing for crying like a baby every 5 minutes, Robertson will make his standard two shocking tackles.........so there's the Hibs 3. And any 3 of 15 hammer throwers for Rangers will be carded!

Referee: Mr C Thomson!!

Seymour M Hersh

Draw and a bloodbath.

Yup, exactly what I'm looking for.  Injuries (nothing career ending) and red cards. Lots of trouble outside the ground generally shaming both clubs.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No lose game but given that the vermin were interfering in the admin process I never want them to win a game of football.

zoltan socrates

I'm going against the grain, Rangers win please, we have established they aren't a threat beyond individual tackles, they don't have the nous to string a decent run together, they have been lucky all season and will really struggle when injuries,and suspensions kick in

Hibs might just be putting some dec not form together and they need a decent slap down having already pumped the huns and supposedly played us off the park while settling for a draw

I think, and the next month will be important in determining this, that sister love fc will be the greater danger in the second half of the season

Rangers, if they survive without a financial event, will run out of steam as dads army tire. Couple that with their inability to grab the game tactically and the fact that they are odious bigots and I can see the, begin to slip below the dirty hobbits and those admirable sportsmen from the borders

BRAVEHEART1874

Think there was 1 hibs fan out of 30 only actually wanted hearts to beat or draw with sevco so ideally although hibs winning would be the best result I would be happy with a draw ;) their clear jealousy of us is incredible if they prefer that lot :)

Most Hibs fans will want Rangers to win, guarantee it.

I seriously doubt that. Hibs fans, like us, choose to support their local team and, I suspect, want their team to win every match, especially against an Old Firm team (or a team named after an Old Firm team, depending how pedantic we wish to be).

Likewise, I am not sure what planet those wishing for a draw inhabit. Rangers are our biggest challengers. Therefore, we want them to drop as many points as possible.

It's the old rivals or enemies thing. Unless serious bragging rights are at stake, I want Hibs to beat the Glasgow teams.

I'll settle for Hearts taking care of their own destiny as we have always done, let the rest scrap around for the crumbs, far too many where happy to put the boot into our club when we were on our knees and so now I could'nt give 2 sh-tes what happens to them.

Yup, exactly what I'm looking for. Injuries (nothing career ending) and red cards. Lots of trouble outside the ground generally shaming both clubs.

Both managers sent to the Stand too. Bdoth clubs fined. Resultig fine to send The (team formerly known as) rangers back into Administration :)

Yup, exactly what I'm looking for.  Injuries (nothing career ending) and red cards. Lots of trouble outside the ground generally shaming both clubs.

Bang on mate, would love QoTS to beat Rangers that month as well, maybe by then QoTS will be in second spot.

Teuchterjambo

In an ideal world the Hibs would hump the Rangers and the fiollowing week the Hearts will pump the Hibs .... there you go sorted ...Simples !

In reality we just need to continue piling points on the baord in the meantime , each game negotiated successfuly gives everyone else one less game to catch us.

Let them go hammer and tongs at each other and to the victor the spoils.

The Greyskull faithful are now predicting that they can overturn the 9 pts lead, obviously based on Sally being replaced.  What they presume is that Sevco can win all their remaining 22 fixtures and then expect Hearts to drop at least 4 pts elsewhere.   Not only do I doubt they will beat Hibs at ER on 27th Dec, I doubt they will beat QoS at Palmerston on 12th Dec.   In fact, they could go into 2015 being 15 pts behind and in 4th place.. 

In Ally we trust..     .   

BangkokHearts

The great thing is it's in our hands.

So whichever result benefits us the most I will be happiest with, in this case Hibs win please.

Can't believe some on here want a draw!

This is one of the very few times I desperately want a Hibs win against our only rival for the Championship.

Hibs are 16 points behind us - I do not think we will drop anything like 16 points from now until the end of the season.

I do however hope for a real kicking match with loads of red cards and injuries for both sides!

We have QOS at home then games against the 3 bottom teams in the league. I would like to hope we win all of these and the huns drop some points in their 2 tricky away games.

We could get to the halfway mark in the season with a double digit points lead.

I can't see anything other than a win for Hibs in that game. They are beginning to score a few goals, and against that Rangers defence they will bag a couple. I honestly think Hibs could end up being the team who come up with us. I would p myself laughing if that ended up being the case!

highlandjambo3

Both teams down to 9 players.......rangers up at 5 -1 before a pitch invasion and, the game abandoned, both managerss slugging it out in the tunnel.........oh if only

In addition to playing Hibernian at Easter Road on 27 December they also have to travel down to Dumfries and play QotS on Friday 12 December. These are both games they could conspire to lose, or even drawing isn't out of the question. They also have to visit Alloa on 10 January 2015, the week before we are due at Ibrox. They are coming towards a number of fixtures which could see them slip further behind us and a lot closer to those behind them at the moment.

They will also have unecessary games in the League Cup & Petrofax cups.  McCoist is too stupid to drop out of the Petro cup, like clever Robbie did.  A master stoke.

I can't see anything other than a win for Hibs in that game. They are beginning to score a few goals, and against that Rangers defence they will bag a couple. I honestly think Hibs could end up being the team who come up with us. I would p myself laughing if that ended up being the case!

Rather QOS or the Huns. Some of the vermin fans actively tried to kill us. The rest of them wanted it. Hope they stay down then go bust.

Archived