The state of our journalism.

Tayside Jambo

Tayside Jambo

Not one for buying the paper, especially rags such as The Sun, but the girlfriends dad had a copy and I had a wee read of our match report after tea. Firstly it winds me up that even after we win the majority of the article is about how The Rangers failed to win. Then there are the incredible statements such as Miller was harshly "booked" (there is no such thing as a booking, they are called cautions but that is a different rant) and that he won the ball and McHattie had to go off as a result of of the follow through.

post-25282-14167671113375_thumb.jpg

Then there are the really poor bits where it mentions Law going down for the penalty, and Ozturk got enough of the ball. Firstly it was Paterson that was challenging Law, and secondly, he never touched the ball or the player.

post-25282-14167671731503_thumb.jpg

The last one is my favourite though. Walker slotted past Alexander.

post-25282-14167671937438_thumb.jpg

Utter disgrace of an article, not that I was expecting anything other than a pandering article bumming up The Rangers, but they can't even get the most basic facts right such as who is on what side and who did what is something most 5 year olds can do.

Remember that this would have been written without the benefit of replays.

Walker slotting past Alexander is a bit of a gaffe, though.

was listening to open all mic's on the way home and it was an utter embarrassment, calling goalscorers by their wrong names, even announcing goals and actually getting the teams wrong, dreadful unprofessional stuff........  

Tayside Jambo

Paterson did touch the ball but not law who dived

Didn't think he touched either, thought he pulled out of the challenge altogether. Regardless Law dived.

Clonlara Erin

The state of that reporting is terrible but make little mistake - If Hearts had behaved at Ibrox the way they did yesterday, not only would we have finished with a lot less than 10 men, we'd be ripped apart by the same people who wrote the above.

The Alexander quote is a mistake. The rest of them are not.

Deliberately designed not to upset the fans of Rangers. Same as Thomsons decisions were not to send off Boyd and Miller.

The game in Scotland is ****ed.

Tayside Jambo

Jeez Tayside, it must have wound you up big time, the fact that you felt you had to take pics of their "article."  :thumbsup:

No need mate, we all know the drivel they spout. I doubt very much that if Alistair Campbell wrote that piece instead, it would have a better spin on the true refelction of the match and Rangers' shiteness.

17'004 people attending saw it, and tens of thousands watched it on TV.

Written by a lonely journalist who's probably just upset his Rangers idol was being picked on by the nasty Hearts fans.

Well would have linked to the article, but you need to subscribe to them to "read" anything they put up there.

It was Robert Grieve who wrote it.

Francis Albert

Remember that this would have been written without the benefit of replays.

Walker slotting past Alexander is a bit of a gaffe, though.

You were on the other thread defending the journalist who thought (or at least reported) it was "other Rangers fans" who drowned out the jeers at Ally with a rousing chorus of "Super Ally". I am assuming you have some connection with journalism but I wouldn't leap to the defence of any and all incompetents in my former profession. All of us at the game watched it without the benefit of replays and none of us would have

recalled it in such an error-strewn way. And we pay to watch the game. He gets paid to report it.

(I know there are good reasons for the deterioration in standards of journalism that aren't all down to the journalists but that doesn't excuse the ever plummeting quality)

Nobody in that stadium or watching on TV genuinely thought Kenny Miller was harshly booked.

McCoist subbed him because he knew anything after that was a red

William H. Bonney

Why do people get so upset at what they see in the papers. Who cares what they write. Hearts are 9 points clear of our nearest rivals and no amount of bad journalism can put a negative spin on that. 

Francis Albert

Nobody in that stadium or watching on TV genuinely thought Kenny Miller was harshly booked.

And the repetition of this bizarre notion that you can do anything you like including potentially career ending "follow throughs" as long as you make contact with the ball...

You missed the bit where Thomson acted 'rashly' in booking Miller.

You also missed the article, where their chief football reporter mentioned how Rangers were 'booted' to the 3rd Division, and how he believed it was the wrong decision for the sake of Scottish Football.

I hadn't bought the Sun for years. I bought it out of curiosity, to see their take on Rangerrs conduct and tactics. More fool me.

Punks No Deid

We knew what their tactics would be & the ref did too. The journos have actually reported and commented on Miller & Billy Bunter's shocking challenges which to me highlights how bad they actually were!

Guess The Crowd

You should read that absolute rasper Aidan Smith's bit on our game in today's SOS.

Incredible stuff.

Go on, tell us more......

Why do people get so upset at what they see in the papers. Who cares what they write. Hearts are 9 points clear of our nearest rivals and no amount of bad journalism can put a negative spin on that

Doesn't deter them from having a go.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You should read that absolute rasper Aidan Smith's bit on our game in today's SOS.

Incredible stuff.

No you shouldn't. Giving any airtime to that arsehole is a bad idea.

I usually quite like BBC Sport but even their report on the game reads like it was written by a 10 year old.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Read it on another forum.

Wouldn't want to give the feckers the clicks by posting a link tbh.

Why do people get so upset at what they see in the papers. Who cares what they write. Hearts are 9 points clear of our nearest rivals and no amount of bad journalism can put a negative spin on that. 

This 100%

It will be a cold day in hell before we get fair and  balanced reporting from that mob.

In the meantime lets just enjoy their SEETHE :vangry: 

Francis Albert

Forgive me I was tempted and had a look at Aidan Smith's article. Extraordinary. There were elaborate and incomprehensible analogies between the Championship this season and firstly the Graham Norton Show and secondly Cyrano de Bergerac. The references to Norton were blatantly homophobic. Apparently Norton would have enjoyed seeing Rangers players in their skin tight white strips! Utterly bizarre.

Forgive me I was tempted and had a look at Aidan Smith's article. Extraordinary. There were elaborate and incomprehensible analogies between the Championship this season and firstly the Graham Norton Show and secondly Cyrano de Bergerac. The references to Norton were blatantly homophobic. Apparently Norton would have enjoyed seeing Rangers players in their skin tight white strips! Utterly bizarre.

I am not sure if it was homophobic. It was, however, a laughable article, from a supposed 'quality' newspaper.

Francis Albert

I am not sure if it was homophobic. It was, however, a laughable article, from a supposed 'quality' newspaper.

I can't be certain but I think most homosexuals would be offended by the suggestion that all homosexuals would find the sight of Chris Boyd and the rest in skin tight dress induced uncontainable lust and desire!

God only knows what it had to do with the game.

You missed the bit where Thomson acted 'rashly' in booking Miller.

You also missed the article, where their chief football reporter mentioned how Rangers were 'booted' to the 3rd Division, and how he believed it was the wrong decision for the sake of Scottish Football.

I hadn't bought the Sun for years. I bought it out of curiosity, to see their take on Rangerrs conduct and tactics. More fool me.

I did the same today - can't remember last time I bought a newspaper except the free Telegraph with a bottle of water at WH smith in the airport

Needless to say I won't be spending 80p next weekend

Why is anyone surprised? There is only one solution - don't read this nonsense! Aidan Smith & co are simply not worth our attention.

Holyrood_Hearts

was listening to open all mic's on the way home and it was an utter embarrassment, calling goalscorers by their wrong names, even announcing goals and actually getting the teams wrong, dreadful unprofessional stuff........

It might be a different thing altogether but I was watching Soccer Saturday & they had the same problems. I imagine open all mics & Soccer Saturday were getting goal information from the same source?

This report from Moira Gordon, presumably from this morning's Scotsman, is considerably better.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hearts-2-0-rangers-jambos-extend-lead-over-gers-1-3613250

THERE have been many in the Rangers ranks who have questioned Hearts? stomach for life at the top of the league table, but the lofty status sits very well with the capital side.

They hammered that fact home at Tynecastle yesterday, when they held their nerve to move nine points clear of Ally McCoist?s side and extend their unbeaten record in the Championship.

It made a mockery of the recent musings emanating from the Rangers players, where it was suggested that Hearts could choke on the six-point lead they had manufactured over their Glasgow rivals. Instead, it is Rangers who are crumbling under the pressure, with their manager?s employment status under constant review by those in the stands and, undoubtedly, in the boardroom.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Please, a week of positive threads, forget the animals and the press because Hearts are ace. Be happy :)

I read a headline that said something like "hearts fail to halt gers".... You'd think we were doing the chasing! Pricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maroonlegions

This report from Moira Gordon, presumably from this morning's Scotsman, is considerably better.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hearts-2-0-rangers-jambos-extend-lead-over-gers-1-3613250

Agree i know her quite well  and every time i have spoken to her after games she has covered she has always given a good review of the game.

Agree i know her quite well  and every time i have spoken to her after games she has covered she has always given a good review of the game.

Her wee finishing paragraph was quite clever, and something I hadn't really thought off.

Were the references to Cyrano de Bergerac any thing to do with Alan Stubbs?  On the basis that, compared to Stubbs, Cyrano was a real looker?

Usually don't do the press are against us schtick (mostly because it's nonsense) but Smith's piece was ludicrously unprofessional - the conclusion could have come straight from Hibs.net. In essence we're a lucky team not a good one.

Toxteth O'Grady

Incredible stuff.

I usually agree with what you say but encouraging anybody to read the papers is not a good move. Don't buy them don't click on them on line, just starve the useless welts out.

Now I'll get back on script with you - FTH

Archived