How serious are we taking the Celtic game?

Rick James

As fans, are we even up for this? I can't wait personally but almost every Jambo I've spoken to lately doesn't seem to care.

I know cups aren't priority but I'd love it if we stuffed them and personally I think we can. We'll be more organised and prepared for them this time round and with a European hangover I reckon they'll be somewhat vulnerable.

Plus, knocking them out early doors puts us in a good position to go on a run. Personally hope we get a good crowd and a great atmosphere like yesterday.

pettigrewsstylist

Biggest issue for me is avoiding injuries

Do red cards in this game count in the league these days?

Thats my attitude till we get back into Premier , thereafter Scottish Cup is massive

Just dont think we can absorb any more injuries and mantain league form

If the Celtic game detracts in any way from our push to win the league (injuries, tiredness, distracting us from the league if we progress etc) then it will be a bad thing IMO. It would be good to beat them from a financial perspective but if we don't win I won't be losing any sleep over it. Hearts have a good association with the Scottish Cup competition but I think this is one year where it is not as important. One things's for sure, Hibs won't win it.

I really don't care about the cup. Its a distraction and would mean more games which we can do without. I hope sevco and hibs progress to the quarters though...

Im seeing it as somewhat a free game for us. If we win, superb, but if we lose then not much will be said and we can get back into the more important issue of the league. Main thing is coming through without any injuries

Dusk_Till_Dawn

We'll get beat so it'll come and go quickly. To be honest, the cup game I'm taking seriously is Celtic-Rangers. The build up will be horrible for sevco and then they'll get smashed.

:jjyay:

pettigrewsstylist

Interested to see what team Robbie will put out.

My thoughts also,,,another weeks rest for Prince?

Wonder how Mckays foot is today.

Jason Holt to start again with 3 in central midfield?

Will be interesting

Not interested in a cup & passport to Europe! Title was won yesterday now is the perfect time to focus on the cup

Diadora Van Basten

It's the Scottish Cup there's is a route into European football we are at home we are nine points clear in the league and therefore we should be trying to win.

Nelly Terraces

We have a good chance of winning this and I for one cannot wait. Zero pressure on us and we can play without any fear. Hopefully the Prince will be back & maybe Sow & Sgt Wilson. Looking forward to it.

Agree with most posts here. League far far too important to risk too much. H/ever dif is to an extent Smeltic will let football prevail unlike Sevco yesterday. But I think we need to approach the game with nothing to lose , enjoy the match and see what happens one caveat avoid getting spanked like last year, so p/haps a more defensive minded set up.

I'll be there but not too bothered by result, which feels very strange indeed.

We have a good chance of winning this and I for one cannot wait. Zero pressure on us and we can play without any fear. Hopefully the Prince will be back & maybe Sow & Sgt Wilson. Looking forward to it.

Agreed. It would be smashing to get a result over that mob. Game on.

Real chance to lay down a marker of how far we have progressed. Let's get torn in about them and remind them of just how intimidating Tynie can be.

I find it ridiculous that some fans aren`t too bothered. 

Football is about momentum, growing a belief in yourself with every game and with our situation, the young lads can`t get enough big occasions to develop a winning mentality.

Other 1st division/championship teams in the past have had good cup runs so who says we can`t?  I really can`t get into the heads of fans who don`t want to win every game no matter what?  

Are we saying Hearts don`t have a squad to cope with TWO competitions with one of those comps only being played now and again if you progress? 

Fozzyonthefence

We'll get beat so it'll come and go quickly. To be honest, the cup game I'm taking seriously is Celtic-Rangers. The build up will be horrible for sevco and then they'll get smashed.

:jjyay:

This

Francis Albert

Real chance to lay down a marker of how far we have progressed. Let's get torn in about them and remind them of just how intimidating Tynie can be.

I'd rather we didn't do a Rangers and "get torn in about them", but played football as we have shown at times we can.

While I'd like us to win if offered  I'd cheerfully  sacrifice progressing in the cup for 3 more league points.

Fozzyonthefence

My thoughts also,,,another weeks rest for Prince?

Wonder how Mckays foot is today.

Jason Holt to start again with 3 in central midfield?

Will be interesting

3 in midfield is a must to avoid a hosing.  Just hope we up a god performance and avoid injuries, anything is else is a bonus.  We'll make good money out of this tie so no disaster if we lose to the best side in the country.

AlphonseCapone

If I'm honest, I'm not that bothered about it. I'd rather we focus entirely on getting back to the top flight and we have enough injury concerns just now so I see it as an unwelcome risk.

That being said, when it comes to actually being in the stadium next Sunday I'll be desperate for us to win, especially when I hear the inevitable shit being sung by the Mhanky mob which will no doubt rile me, even though it shouldn't.

Snake Plissken

I'd love to win but if we lose, I'll be over it about a minute after the final whistle.

Play our best team, go for the win and enjoy the occasion.

pettigrewsstylist

That would be nice mate for sure. I think there is a lot of seats to be sold before it can become reality tho :(

We should be taking it as seriously as any other game.  That said I don't want to risk anyone that's got a niggling injury.

I think Robbie will put a team not to get horsed. May mean we have a chance on the break and we showed at Celtic Park we can compete with them. A little cup run can actually be a welcome break from the norm for players and good for team morale (which is already high).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go out all guns blazing. Nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

Chance to give anyone who isn't 100% a rest though, as the QOTS game is more important

BroughtyJambo

Avoid the same score as last year. Keep it respectable, if we win great, if we lose Queen of the south game was always more important. They are the only team in this league who I feel we might lose too.

Avoid the same score as last year. Keep it respectable, if we win great, if we lose Queen of the south game was always more important. They are the only team in this league who I feel we might lose too.

This: QOTS are the best team in the league, apart from us

The league is all important this year and cup come a very long way behind so I'd play Ladies team against them

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

I'm up for it but the league is everything this season.

I like it its come now. Its a nice pause after yesterday's massive game and a tricky run with the Hibs, Raith, Falkirk games and the chance of a game for maybe Nicolson and others.

Then back to serious business for the next big one vs Queen of the South. Good times.

The league is all important this year and cup come a very long way behind so I'd play Ladies team against them

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

Pretty sure that's against the rules mate.

alwaysthereinspirit

I hope very seriously. If we can beat them(we can) we could have a good cup run.

There's no team wants to be drawn against us. Especially at home.

Not going and know a few who aren't. Happy to bail out as with the wee cup although I empathised with those who had travelled. It's an annoying distraction and would rather it was the QOS game. For context fun, we win the actual cup again but lose five from next ten league games or lost against Celtic and win nine from ten.

I'm assuming everyone would vote the latter?

Ps Win cup AND nine from ten is not part of the game.

Super serious. They have a Europe League game on Thursday and have been under-performing all season. I'm not saying it's a match we should win but we ARE one of the best performing teams in Europe, regardless of opponent, fact. We are playing with confidence. We have a talented squad. I despise players being rested for games with tougher opponents. What's the point in being in football if you are not trying to win - anything can happen. Indeed, this match should motivate Robbie because this is where managers can make a real difference. 

We have injuries so I'd expect a few won't be risked but that would be same regardless of opponent. I'd suggest Bauben and Wilson will both come in and hopefully Sow too. If he isn't fit then we have others who can step in.

As a fan, I want us to win every game. Sure it will be difficult but I'm looking forward to it. My two best memories of being a Hearts fan are from winning this cup and I expect (demand) we try to win it. Also, just for one second, imagine we do win this game. That will gives us tremendous confidence for the rest of the season. 

Biggest issue for me is avoiding injuries

Do red cards in this game count in the league these days?

Thats my attitude till we get back into Premier , thereafter Scottish Cup is massive

Just dont think we can absorb any more injuries and mantain league form

Red for 2 yellows means you miss the next Scottish Cup tie. Straight red for violent conduct means you miss the next match regardless of which competition it's in. Not sure about straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity but think it's the next cup tie.

Always want to ram one up Celtic if possible but I really couldn't care either way. Cup runs are good for the money and as fans it's always good fun but this season means nothing without promotion. As far as I am concerned it is just getting in our way and we should do our best to let the fringe players have a run out, if we win great if not back to business.

Pretty sure that's against the rules mate.

Does it say that in the rules, that only males can play?

Or that they aren't contracted to HMFC.

Or they aren't part of the SPFL

Or I was being pithey.

Either way, this game is so low down the list of important games I'd have the guys the fork the pitch at half time in the starting line up if I could.

When was the last time a team from outside the top division won the Scottish cup? If in fact it's happened .

As to this game only players 100% fit to play and I'd be giving game time to Keatings Robinson Gallagher etc

I fancy us to get a result from this, I was bitterly disappointed leaving Parkhead after the league cup game. We should have got something there.

I don't want a replay though, once at parkhead was one to many for me this season.

scottish_chicP

I'm going and looking forward to it however I won't be that upset if we lose. Might be the wrong attitude but it's all about the league for me.

Hearts Heritage

Another cheery stat.

A replay might be good though.

Hearts didn't win a League game for over 40 years at Parkhead but beat Celtic 3 times in the Cup there.

Jambof3tornado

Couldn't care less about it but a win would be tremendous for morale!

Wonder how seriously celtic will take us? Surely as banana skins go this is one that is a realistic one for them to slip up in?

Pity we have to suffer 3000 of their mob.

Thought Police

I'm very much looking forward to this as the pressure is off. Good chance to see how we compete as we did OK in the League Cup tie. It also seems that in recent years the Celtic fans have turned up for a ninety minute party, so now would be around the time to put an end to that.

Archived