Craig Levein after the match

royal navy hearts man

royal navy hearts man

Had the pleasure of seeing him outside Bensons after the game today, he made the point clear with his words "we haven't won anything yet"

Just shows how serious we are as a club now compared to last season, long may it continue!

wattie exploited

better to do our talking on the park  :rifle:  look at all the egg on the rangers players faces who all they do is talk shit ! :rifle:

Seymour M Hersh

Correct chaps. The management team will keep the players grounded but lets be honest who didn't get a little "happy" after the game today?

royal navy hearts man

Don't get me wrong I was ecstatic after today, just wanted to point out the professional approach from our hierarchy

He's absolutely right, of course.  And it's only November, so there's still a long way to go.

But who among us would have predicted that we'd be unbeaten after 14 games, with 38 points from 42 available.

No Hearts fan, player or employee of the club should talk about winning the league.

Just keep quiet and focus on the job in hand.

Long way to go and the good thing is we are staying grounded. Rangers were very poor today. We performed a very professional"gubbing" today

Did you hear the interview with Robbie after the game?.

He explained that he would discuss certain aspects of the game with the players tomorrow when they come in.

That's right he has them in tomorrow.

I would bet my bottom dollar that we are the only team in tomorrow.

His new approach is brilliant and I really do believe the players are buying into it and we are seeing the start

of something fairly revolutionary at Hearts.

9 points

its a great lead

It will give everyone great confidence. Today, the way we won it digging in albeit perhaps a bit fortunate not to concede, but then gradually taking control. We were fitter and sharper. And the gameplan worked at least after half time.

But the great thing is that the squad are approaching one game at a time. That habit has been established. And the club really badly want to win the league. So no chance of complacency.

And we are improving.

WorldChampions1902

No Hearts fan, player or employee of the club should talk about winning the league.Just keep quiet and focus on the job in hand.

Absolutely!

I remember the last game of season 64-65 as a nipper. I still wear the scars of the last days of bitter-sweet season 85-86. And who do we play in our last game of this campaign? Sevco.

Today was fantastic. We are now 9 points clear. Levein is right to keep our feet on the ground. There is still a long, long way to go.

Listening to the players after the game they all said the same.

Obviously getting drilled into them. All good ...

Feck this false modesty shite

We'll win the league by at least 15 points

We might even be that far ahead by Xmas

Take that to a bank somewhere

:)

I don't care what he say's I'm doing summersault's

I think you could pull off one, puff. At a push.

A big clap for Craig, Robbie,all the players etc today was great, I'm still buzzing, they're making us proud. Onwards and upwards

Cmon the Hibees on December 27th.  Never thought I would say that

Tell you what their televised fixture on a no doubt very cold Friday night at Palmerston in a couple of weeks will be anything but a walk in the park. Looking at our 3-0 down there it must be one of our best results if not performances of the season. 

Dean Winchester

He explained that he would discuss certain aspects of the game with the players tomorrow when they come in.

His new approach is brilliant and I really do believe the players are buying into it and we are seeing the start

Doesn't surprise me. We where at the Big Hearts charity night last Saturday and the entire first team came in (which we weren't expecting). They stayed for around an hour and I asked Robbie for a photo, he said to me it's good you came when you did as we're leaving in a minute.... The boys have got training tomorrow at 8am.

9 points

its a great lead

It will give everyone great confidence. Today, the way we won it digging in albeit perhaps a bit fortunate not to concede, but then gradually taking control. We were fitter and sharper. And the gameplan worked at least after half time.

But the great thing is that the squad are approaching one game at a time. That habit has been established. And the club really badly want to win the league. So no chance of complacency.

And we are improving.

What I liked most about today is that we have had a bit of a lapse in our form since the Hibs game and with the key players we have missing we still managed to beat our nearest challengers.

I love you jammy some man love going on here !!

Any win over that bunch of torags  (Tuaregs for the educated - very definitely non-PC in our precious age) is a joy to me.

Today it was bordering on an ecstatic experience.

Some people have to snort something to feel like this!

Cmon the Hibees on December 27th.  Never thought I would say that

its livy on dec 27th. i hope. planning to dress up as santa

Must admit I cringed when I heard that. Doesnt he know the team that drinks together wins together so how they can train with hangovers is beyond me.

I bet we are indeed the only team in tomorrow. Robbie's approach is light years ahead of the rest of the SPFL, in particular McCoist's industrial hoofball approach to playing football, and it is definitely the correct way forward.

Dalkeith Jambo

This was talked about on the radio on our way home from the game. Allan Preston said we are the only club in Scotland who are doing this and it would have been easy for some players to be unhappy with the changes. However the players have bought in to what the management are doing and its paying off big time at the moment.

The players are indeed back in tomorrow. Shows you how professional Robbies approach is

The time for celebrating (if need be) is at the end of the season, long may this run of form continue

I bet we are indeed the only team in tomorrow. Robbie's approach is light years ahead of the rest of the SPFL, in particular McCoist's industrial hoofball approach to playing football, and it is definitely the correct way forward.

This 100%.  The superior fitness of the entire Hearts team was evident from 60 mins onward.  Great to see.

Absolutely!

I remember the last game of season 64-65 as a nipper. I still wear the scars of the last days of bitter-sweet season 85-86. And who do we play in our last game of this campaign? Sevco.

Today was fantastic. We are now 9 points clear. Levein is right to keep our feet on the ground. There is still a long, long way to go.

Too young for 64/65,but remember  85-86 well.

Was at dens,refused to sing " we shall not be moved,championees etc" that season.

Same rules apply for this season.

Reel it in abit guys.

More bullshit songs like that,more pressure we put on ourselves.

The People's Chimp

Had the pleasure of seeing him outside Bensons after the game today, he made the point clear with his words "we haven't won anything yet"

Just shows how serious we are as a club now compared to last season, long may it continue!

I, for one, am flabbergasted that levein didn't say it was in the bag while lighting a cigar with a ?50 note and kicking you in the face, tbh.

I, for one, am flabbergasted that levein didn't say it was in the bag while lighting a cigar with a ?50 note and kicking you in the face, tbh.

Imagine having to act like a chimp all the time just to keep up appearances

Everybody loves Baz

Sorry, but **** this. I'm putting it down now.

We are better than them, they are shit.

We are Heart of Midlothian

It's a great time and the feeling about the club is fantastic, a big thanks should go out to all involved, whether we win the league or not, what an effort from anyone that has made any sort of contributions however big or small, we saved our club and that's the thing we should all be proudest about, as much great times I have had over my 31 years this is the most excited about our future I have ever been, exciting times ahead I predict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pettigrewsstylist

Too young for 64/65,but remember  85-86 well.

Was at dens,refused to sing " we shall not be moved,championees etc" that season.

Same rules apply for this season.

Reel it in abit guys.

More bullshit songs like that,more pressure we put on ourselves.

Yeah, i thought that a little uncomfortable also :(

pettigrewsstylist

Be under no illusions how buzzing big Craig will be behind his curtains :)

Doing the shop front professional peice very well these days tho and im in agreeance with this demeanour right now.

Ive got a DVD with Craig singing the Hearts song (all verses) on karaoke in Robbos bar after last game of the season, when he was manager, somewhere but ive no idea how i would copy that.

Anyone who hasnt seen it might enjoy taking a look at that :)

Great Hearts man!!!!

Governor Tarkin

I like you, Jammy T.

Victor Meldrew

I was reading Robbie's interview in the paper this morning and was struck by how dignified he is: saying that if there hadn't been a sending off, the result would have been different. So many other managers would be crowing about a result like this, but not only was he respectful to the opposing side with those comments, he is keeping the team's feet on the ground.

The more I see of Robbie Neilson, the more I think we've got a very special management team with him and Levein. I just hope that we can hold onto them for  decent period of time.

Huge win yesterday that goes without saying but there's still a long way to go in this campaign. We really need to stick with the one game at a time mentality.

Our next league game is against the side sitting 3rd so could be a tricky one. Every game for me this season is as big as a derby until we are confirmed champions. Then the celebrations can commence.

Huge win yesterday that goes without saying but there's still a long way to go in this campaign. We really need to stick with the one game at a time mentality.

Our next league game is against the side sitting 3rd so could be a tricky one. Every game for me this season is as big as a derby until we are confirmed champions. Then the celebrations can commence.

I agree. Hopefully we're not a bit flat after beating the Hun, as a poor performance can often follow a big game (or two big games if you count the Celtic game). I doubt that will be the case but we just need to maintain our discipline and performances, which I'm sure we will.

But, surely it is clear for all to see now that we are a superior team to the Hun. They are not the Hun of old and that level of invincibility they used to have is gone IMO. Of course the players/management shouldn't get carried away but I think the fans can be very confident that we have enough to see this out.

I agree. Hopefully we're not a bit flat after beating the Hun, as a poor performance can often follow a big game (or two big games if you count the Celtic game). I doubt that will be the case but we just need to maintain our discipline and performances, which I'm sure we will.

But, surely it is clear for all to see now that we are a superior team to the Hun. They are not the Hun of old and that level of invincibility they used to have is gone IMO. Of course the players/management shouldn't get carried away but I think the fans can be very confident that we have enough to see this out.

To be fair, I reckon Robbie will be telling the players the QOTS game is the big one, Celtic is just a bonus match that means little to us this sason

Toxteth O'Grady

CL is correct.

Yesterday morning I would have been delighted with a 9 point gap, I am delighted with it but already I want a 12 point gap.

We have to keep winning and keep the momentum.

With Craig and Robbie at the helm I'm confident we will do it.

scots civil war

they will all be up at riccarton just now,having a hearty breakfast on a beautiful morning and pouring over the details of that ****ing assault by one lumpen arm of the weedgie establishment and taking care of their casualties

reminds me of first ypres and how against all the odds,they came through and laid the foundations for being champions

Nine points is not a massive lead, It is much easier to lose it than gain it. The primary difference is the two wins against Rangers, had we lost these two games (you don't need to tell me I know we won them) we would be three points behind them. We need to keep winning, and we have shown some vulnerability in drawing a game in the west and humiliation in dropping two points to the wee team.... now that is embarrassing. So there is room for improvement. That said, the most impressive thing about this Hearts side is the right attitude.

This was talked about on the radio on our way home from the game. Allan Preston said we are the only club in Scotland who are doing this and it would have been easy for some players to be unhappy with the changes. However the players have bought in to what the management are doing and its paying off big time at the moment.

I would imagine that any players neilson has signed have been fore warned of the double and triple training sessions and being in a lot of Sundays

If you are happy with that and willing to buy into our ethos then sign the contract

If not then there's the door

Its about enjoying the good times as a fan otherwise whats the point?  But of course its up to the management and players to keep their heads as nothing is won. As fans to an extent too and its never been my style to shoot my mouth off before the job is done.

But you are entitled to enjoy the ride.   :)

Archived