Match ratings v Sevco

Geoff Kilpatrick

This. And I would give every player an extra point for maintaining their discipline under some severe intimidation from Rangers.

Agree. They wanted the game to turn into a battle.  It would have been very easy to fall into that trap.

p.s just noticed some really bad typos on the original post... whoops....

Agree with most of the posts that Pallardo was different class and deserved to get MOTM.  Gomis was not at his best and I wonder how much that was because the Prince was not playing alongside him.  I think Robbie got the tactics spot on against Rangers but it gives him a bit of a dilema for the midfield in future games.  That said, I suspect he will play Pallardo and Gomis together against Celtic.

He made a very smart save from a Rangers free kick first half, and the save from Law was a very good one. He also commanded his area, collecting just about every cross, corner and free kick and his talking and calming influence had a massive effect on those infront of him.

He was great yesterday. Definitely his best performance for Hearts.

I'm not sure I'd call it his best performance, but his strength was definitely in his command of the box and his assertiveness in coming out to collect balls into the box.  Several times he cut through crowds of players to collect crosses that otherwise looked dangerous, and not ones that were routine either.  

I think it was a terrific all round team performance in a high pressure game.

Pallardo and Patterson were the pick for me but I wouldn't criticise any of them.

Thought McGregor was good for Sevco.

I think it was a terrific all round team performance in a high pressure game.

Pallardo and Patterson were the pick for me but I wouldn't criticise any of them.

Thought McGregor was good for Sevco.

McGregor had a good run at one point (which Gomis should have stopped at the start), but like the rest of Rangers' beefy backline, was blowing out his arse in the last half hour, allowing Walker to rip him apart.

Bridge of Djoum

Take exception to your reason. He wasn't involved because none of the three supportive midfielders were anywhere near him.

I was in the Roseburn for the first half. He made quite a few runs trying to get in behind because Rangers were playing with a high line. Every time he was either ignored or the midfielder held onto the ball too long and he ran himself offside.

Bringing Keatings on for him was the right sub to make, but I wouldn't be too harsh on El Hass.

Where were you for the 2nd half?

Archived