Virgin spacecraft crash

aussieh

Virgin space passenger craft crashing during a test flight killing the pilot.

Bloody aweful.

Not the best of weeks for private space companies.

One rocket fail and now a horrific failure of a tourist space plane.

condolences to the family.

I P Knightley

I was at a presentation on this in 2009. $200,000 a ticket and Virgin Galactic had taken something like 320 bookings from people aged 17 to 87.

A real shame if the programme doesn't come off. The thought of using science and engineering to something so mega "just for fun" is pleasant.

I was at a presentation on this in 2009. $200,000 a ticket and Virgin Galactic had taken something like 320 bookings from people aged 17 to 87.

A real shame if the programme doesn't come off. The thought of using science and engineering to something so mega "just for fun" is pleasant.

It will set them back, but I don't think they will give up! Too much money to be made from it, might just take Afew more years!

It will set them back, but I don't think they will give up! Too much money to be made from it, might just take Afew more years!

Ive a hard enough job going to majorca in a plane never mind paying 200,000 to go to space. Anyway thoughts with the family after this tragic accident.

Guest C00l K1d

Is it not something like $200,000 for the flight, but it's for 15 people or something?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work out at 200,000 PP.

Still ridiculously expensive. I'd love to do it though.

Is it not something like $200,000 for the flight, but it's for 15 people or something?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work out at 200,000 PP.

Still ridiculously expensive. I'd love to do it though.

Nope.

"More than 800 people have already paid or put down deposits for a trip on SpaceShipTwo, at a cost of about $200,000 (?125,000) per person."

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Nope.

"More than 800 people have already paid or put down deposits for a trip on SpaceShipTwo, at a cost of about $200,000 (?125,000) per person."

Is that all. I'm having some of that.

Guest C00l K1d

Nope.

Christ, i thought it was per flight rather than per person.

Maybe for my 40th then, that's my next big birthday :laugh:

Genuinely believe that Richard Branson might be the real life Peter Weyland of Weyland industries.

I can't stand the man. He wants his finger in every pie, and throws his toys out the pram if he does not get his way.

He has made a pitiful statement, and is still determined to carry on, just to boost his ego, and he will carry on, regardless of consequences. Let's not forget, this is the forth person to die, working on his 'dream'.

Every manned space programme has involved fatalities either at the testing stage or in operational life.

Space travel is hard.

Archived