Scottish Cup tomorrow - Edinburgh Ciy v Brora Rangers

lost in leith

lost in leith

An interesting tie tomorrow at Meadowbank (3.00 kick off). Top of the Lowland League against top of the Highland League, so could be a preview of the end of season play-off.

?8 admission makes it worth a look IMHO.

Boys and me going to Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers. 2pm ko. Raith should be far too strong but stranger things have happened.

Footballfirst

Boys and me going to Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers. 2pm ko. Raith should be far too strong but stranger things have happened.

I think that is the tie of the round. Prices are a bit steep for a Junior side though, at ?12 when they normally charge half of that.

I think that is the tie of the round. Prices are a bit steep for a Junior side though, at ?12 when they normally charge half of that.

Do agree about the prices, but they could realistically get a few thousand and that would pay the bills for a while.

Looking forward to it.

lost in leith

Arguably cheap when you think what we were charged at Alloa to watch a Championship game. No idea how many the ground at Linlithgow holds - is this not an all ticket game?

Central Belt 1874

Not all ticket which I also thought was strange and I'm not sure how much the ground holds but I think maybe 3,000 could be possible for tomorrow. Great ground for a junior team.

Mon the Rosey Posey!

An interesting tie tomorrow at Meadowbank (3.00 kick off). Top of the Lowland League against top of the Highland League, so could be a preview of the end of season play-off.

?8 admission makes it worth a look IMHO.

Should be a good game although I think Brora will sneak it.

lost in leith

Should be a good game although I think Brora will sneak it.

Given resources that's probably a fair shout but I assume Brora are travelling down on the day so that could be a factor. City are 7-2 with Paddy Power which is tempting!

Given resources that's probably a fair shout but I assume Brora are travelling down on the day so that could be a factor. City are 7-2 with Paddy Power which is tempting!

I'll be taking my usual place at Meadowbank tomorrow as well.

City's boss said in today's EEN, that Brora have a budget and players to match the 1st Division (though I'm unsure if he means the Championship).

It'll be an interesting match. Not many expected City to beat Bampot, but they did. Really looking forward to it.

Bo'ness have a good shout of causing an upset at Elgin. I also think Hurlford could cause Stirling problems.

Hopefully a resounding Raith victory though :)

I know they're not on big wages, but if I was the players I'd be looking at a 20 quid a night hotel. Yeh it's 20 quid, but if it helps them prepare better, and it gets them into the next round where they get a big away tie, then it's worth it.

Spartans and Edinburgh City reek of Hibernianism.

H1b5 supporting coaches, owners etc.

Not saying it's fact, just a long held belief that was only cemented by the recent H1b5/Spartans agreement.

Edinburgh City FC.

We've done this before.

Have we? In all my years of going to City games, I cant say its ever reeked of 'Hibernianism'.

Have we? In all my years of going to City games, I cant say its ever reeked of 'Hibernianism'.

As I said, not a fact, just a feeling on my part.

Hope Spartans beat Clyde.

Clyde fans to put more pressure on the crab who they think focuses more on his Daily Record pro Rangers propaganda piece than what is going on at Clyde.

lost in leith

Quite a few of my mates who are involved with City used to follow Meadowbank Thistle, and started watching City when the franchise moved. There will obviously be some guys who are Hibbys involved in a team from that side of town, but I'm pretty sure the lads I met on the way back from Bordeaux weren't :)

Dr Ian Malcolm
Spartans and Edinburgh City reek of Hibernianism.

H1b5 supporting coaches, owners etc.

Not saying it's fact, just a long held belief that was only cemented by the recent H1b5/Spartans agreement.

Aside from the fact that nearly all City's coaching staff are Jambos, with a good spread of both teams' fans in the squad then, aye, they "reek of Hibernian".

Or maybe not everything has to be about Hearts and Hibs and both are good, local clubs in their own right?

Arguably cheap when you think what we were charged at Alloa to watch a Championship game. No idea how many the ground at Linlithgow holds - is this not an all ticket game?

Rose park aka Preston field of dreams holds 2500 only about 3-400 seats. I'll be there too, never thought I'd see Nade their though.

Good luck to Edinburgh City and Spartans today. Not bothered about any Hibs connections. Would be good to other Edinburgh teams get through to the next round.

The Shed Floodlight

Quite a few of my mates who are involved with City used to follow Meadowbank Thistle, and started watching City when the franchise moved. There will obviously be some guys who are Hibbys involved in a team from that side of town, but I'm pretty sure the lads I met on the way back from Bordeaux weren't :)

is that he guys that were in the brake club at Meadowbank. Jar, Charlie, Sicky, Colin et al??

Aside from the fact that nearly all City's coaching staff are Jambos, with a good spread of both teams' fans in the squad then, aye, they "reek of Hibernian".

Or maybe not everything has to be about Hearts and Hibs and both are good, local clubs in their own right?

:yas:

The Old Tolbooth

Ah, good old common sense, it'll never catch on!

Oh yes it is. It's now ballroom sports. Got plastered there yesterday. Excellent food now too

Cheers mate

lost in leith

is that he guys that were in the brake club at Meadowbank. Jar, Charlie, Sicky, Colin et al??

Some of them. Jah and Alick (Pastor) Milne heavily involved, also Bounce. Colin stays in the Wirral but comes up on a regular basis - hoping to catch up with most if not all of these lads later on.

Tayside Jambo

Rose park aka Preston field of dreams holds 2500 only about 3-400 seats. I'll be there too, never thought I'd see Nade their though.

been there for a few derbies with Bo'ness, can squeeze 3,000 in at a top! cracking wee ground, right next to my old high school

Chaka Demus & pliers

Bo'ness have a good shout of causing an upset at Elgin. I also think Hurlford could cause Stirling problems.

Hopefully a resounding Raith victory though :)

Hurlford are a goal up.

Lithgie oot 0-2.

Bo'ness 3-0 down at half time, brought it back to 3-3, but Elgin have scored a 4th. 'Mon the BU.

Bo'ness getting beat thankfully!

Aye thankfully :) Great come back from Bo'ness for a 4-4 draw.

Shame for the rose as well :)

Rose were well on top in the first half, could've been a couple ahead but for decent saves. First goal was a stone wall pen and second they switched off at a corner.

Clum Elliot still falling about and doing nowt.

Went to the Spartans V Clyde game which Spartans won 2-0. Spartans were the better team in my opinion although I didn't think there was too much between the two teams.

Barry Ferguson was getting some grief from a Clyde fan behind the dugout. He began to give him some verbals back by the looks of it and was sent to the "stand" as a result. (This side of the pitch doesn't have a stand so he was standing watching the game with the rest of the punters).

Rose were well on top in the first half, could've been a couple ahead but for decent saves. First goal was a stone wall pen and second they switched off at a corner.

Clum Elliot still falling about and doing nowt.

Clum was absolute pony

Central Belt 1874

Clum was absolute pony

Haha yes he was. The Rose were well on top and made Raith Rovers look garbage for the most part. Rose should easily been 2 or 3 up at half time. Quite incredible to think that Rovers are in the same league as us on that performance.

Despite the result, great performance by the rose and a huge crowd.

Dissapointed the Rose lost as they were the better side however pleased we are playing raith next week, they are shite .

J Cheever Loophole

I would have liked the Posie and the BU's to go through, me being an Alvonian.

Disappointed that Edinburgh City didnt get at least a replay today. Unfortunately, they had to play against the referee as well this afternoon. Brora dived all over the shop and got away with murder, while the slightest indiscretion the other way, was duly whistled. It was a disgraceful display from the official, who is a regular Highland League ref.

While Brora are the moneybags team of the lower/non leagues, I dont think there was a massive gulf in class that the money would suggest.

Good crowd today. Brora's fans were a damn sight more friendly than the Auchinleck Bampot lot. The only downside was that they brought bagpipes in with them. :cornette:

Archived