McHattie

Clerry Jambo

I remember reading reports from U20 games about McHattie appearing a bit disinterested?

Could this be Robbie "avin a word"

http://www.edinburgh...tient-1-3589799

ROBBIE NEILSON has told Kevin McHattie that he will regain a starting place with Hearts should he remain ?patient and motivated.

Think Robbie is basically telling McHattie that's he's been crusing along with no competition for his place and now he has competition. McHattie needs to react appropriately.

Think Robbie is basically telling McHattie that's he's been crusing along with no competition for his place and now he has competition. McHattie needs to react appropriately.

Absolutely, nothing wrong with a wee reality check for him.

jack D and coke

A wee boot up the star does us all good from time to time. Not that I think McHattie needed one to be fair to him, I actually think he's a better player than Eckersley, but he now knows if his form drops or he gets himself silly suspensions it might take a bit of time getting back into the team.

Prior to his injury I thought we were seeing him raise his game, certainly put the work on in the gym and was getting forward well.Even his tackling was improving, probably as a result of some good coaching. Nothing wrong with competition but still a wee bit unlucky not to be first choice again.

I think we are a better team with McHattie in it. His link up play with Nicholson is excellent and gives us much more going forward than eckersley provides. I also don't believe that eckersley is that much better a defender even though it seems to be the general opinion on here.

I think we are a better team with McHattie in it. His link up play with Nicholson is excellent and gives us much more going forward than eckersley provides. I also don't believe that eckersley is that much better a defender even though it seems to be the general opinion on here.

Thanks Sam (Nicholson the surname is it?) :2thumbsup: ...................I agree with all of that!

personally I think Eckersley is better defensively in terms of his awareness and I think Neilson has edged him in because of this.

McHattie can tackle given the opportunity but I've always thought he's lacked in positional awareness and was often caught out.

People will argue he needs games to improve that but sometimes a seat on the sidelines to take stock helps as much too. Watch and learn as they say.

I rate McHattie and I think he's got a big future at the club but he (and the other youngsters) have been quite fortunate in terms of how many appearances they've made at such an early stage in their career due to the circumstances at the club; most players aren't that lucky. It's good there's competition for places now and he's fortunate to have someone like Eckersley to learn from.

Jambof3tornado

See the difference in how our last 2 managers have handled situations,its like night and day.

Superb management.

McHattie's positional sense has always been utterly abysmal. Also poor at tackling. A really average defender.

The myth of him being outstanding grows the longer he sits on the bench.

I've also read countless posts on here criticising Eckersley no matter how well he plays.

Kickback eh :lol:

McHattie is strong going forward but poor in defence.

Eckersley is poor going forward but strong in defence.

Both good players in their own right but neither the complete left back. McHattie will hopefully develop that defensive side with time and good coaching.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They are both more than capable, and preferring one over the other should mot always result in one being branded outstanding and the other shite.

Both good players in their own right but neither the complete left back. McHattie will hopefully develop that defensive side with time and good coaching.

I remember when our DOF was manager and he said he wanted his defenders to defend and occasionally go forward rather than the other way round

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

pod-580x319_zpsb1c54b3d.jpg

mchattie is 21 and doesnt have to work on much of his game to make him a very effective spl left back.

eckerslie is 29 and just signed for a championship club in scotland.

frankly, i know who my money is on being hearts left back in two years time.

glastonbury jambo

Great management...Mchattie has to now prove himself beyond doubt and rise to the occasion,

we will now see what mchatts is made of in the coming weeks.

Gregory House M.D.

McHattie's positional sense has always been utterly abysmal. Also poor at tackling. A really average defender.

I've also read countless posts on here criticising Eckersley no matter how well he plays.

Spot on. McHattie's defending is terrible and he offers little more than Eckersley going forward either. His delivery is poor to average in most cases. Eckersley looks a far better player for me right now.

Eckersley has the jersey at the moment and has done nothing to suggest he deserves to be dropped in favour of McHattie. McHattie will have to bide his time and wait for his opportunity to get back into the first team, then put on displays that justify him keeping his place ahead of Eckersley. It's what competition for places is all about.

Sorry but thats absolute shite :lol:. Both good players. McHatties positional sense has improved greatly and he can tackle, dearie me.

Sorry but thats absolute shite :lol:. Both good players. McHatties positional sense has improved greatly and he can tackle, dearie me.

the law of averages says that if you do something often enough then you'll get it right every so often...McHattie dives in at every opportunity given and hence will occasionally win the ball lawfully...rarely stands his man...he has improved a little but more of a reflection on how god awful he has been for 2 years...thank god we have someone who can compete for the position after our woes of late in terms of lack of competition for places prior to the summer...defending is easier if you stand tall and strong and jockey your opponent as oppose to selling yourself by sliding in with last ditch challenges due to your ineffective positional awareness...

Fair enough. I don't think McHattie should be an automatic starter. Good talent though.

I think he should be.

the law of averages says that if you do something often enough then you'll get it right every so often...McHattie dives in at every opportunity given and hence will occasionally win the ball lawfully...rarely stands his man...he has improved a little but more of a reflection on how god awful he has been for 2 years...thank god we have someone who can compete for the position after our woes of late in terms of lack of competition for places prior to the summer...defending is easier if you stand tall and strong and jockey your opponent as oppose to selling yourself by sliding in with last ditch challenges due to your ineffective positional awareness...

Completely disagree, god awful?! Come on eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only bit of our post I agee with is its good to have competition for place. he is a good player

As has been alluded to already both are good players. Some people spout rubbish about McHattie being this or that but it is their opinion. Fact is McHattie is a good developing player. His performances this season had been improving, then picked up an injury and lost his place. He is having to win it back - fair enough. Eckersley is a 6/10 player he will never be outstanding but will not let down badly either. (Similar to how R N was) His one area to improve imo so far is his heading ability as demonstrated v QOS and Alloa.

Just wish so called experts on here would have a more balanced view and not just jump in using subjective nonsense like "wage thief", "utterly abysmal"or "Bombscare" as has been dished out to El Has, Paterson, Wilson,McKay, King and McHattie of late!

As has been alluded to already both are good players. Some people spout rubbish about McHattie being this or that but it is their opinion. Fact is McHattie is a good developing player. His performances this season had been improving, then picked up an injury and lost his place. He is having to win it back - fair enough. Eckersley is a 6/10 player he will never be outstanding but will not let down badly either. (Similar to how R N was) His one area to improve imo so far is his heading ability as demonstrated v QOS and Alloa.

Just wish so called experts on here would have a more balanced view and not just jump in using subjective nonsense like "wage thief", "utterly abysmal"or "Bombscare" as has been dished out to El Has, Paterson, Wilson,McKay, King and McHattie of late!

Spot on.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Err nope. "Good developing player" is subjective too I'm afraid, whether emboldened or not.

Spot on.

It's a shame some people make their mind up about a player and that's that. God awful.... That's still making me chuckle. If he was so bad he wouldn't be there. I trust the management, they've got the vast majority if decisions right so far.

Spot on. McHattie's defending is terrible and he offers little more than Eckersley going forward either. His delivery is poor to average in most cases. Eckersley looks a far better player for me right now.

:rofl:

Archived