Vincent Gu?rin

Masonic

Dont hear his name mentioned on here much but what a career he had. I would have thought that if for nothing else based on the controversies he had in 97 he would be mentioned a lot more on here.

Anyways looks like he is still in football with the PSG reserve team. Whats your thoughts on the guy?

Superb player in his prime, was clearly winding down his career by the time he had joined us but was very good against Celtic when we beat them at Tynecastle that season.

His performance in that Celtic game was outstanding.

I liked him a lot, and it's a shame we only got him at the end of his career.

Wasn't he injured during most of his time with us?

yes he was. But like Jim Bett, he would be up there with the best midfielders we've had if he had a prolonged spell at Hearts, in my opinion.

His touch and awareness were different class, seemed a step ahead of everyone else.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Only thing I remember about him was a free kick that hit the underside of the bar against Killie and came back out. Nothing else. And I remember all sorts of random shite.

queensferryjambo

I remember him playing for us and being just OK. A likeable player obviously coming to the end of a very good career.

Punks No Deid

I remember him playing for us and being just OK. A likeable player obviously coming to the end of a very good career.

On a par I'd say with Dave McCreery. Good but just good....for US..and that's what matters to us

tartofmidlothian

We did **** all with him in the team, probably why he's not well remembered. All I recall is him scoring a last minute goal away to 'Well and we still lost.

yes he was. But like Jim Bett, he would be up there with the best midfielders we've had if he had a prolonged spell at Hearts, in my opinion.

His touch and awareness were different class, seemed a step ahead of everyone else.

this. Only one season I think, and we were no very good that year. since then we've had plenty other midfielders with more "memorable" moments.

Clonlara Erin

Probably in top three best players I have ever seen in a maroon top

Opinions, eh.

He'd be nowhere near my top 20.

Only thing I remember about him was a free kick that hit the underside of the bar against Killie and came back out. Nothing else. And I remember all sorts of random shite.

Same here. Liked him though. Classy player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mind thinking that too but he was clearly past his use by date when he came to Hearts. If playing today he would have gone to US or Middle East and enjoyed the pace a bit more than frantic SPL.

Thought his reading of the game was way ahead of the rest of the team (bit like Geoprge Best's when he signed for Hibs). Think he was serving out some ban from French FA but was able to play here. Remember JJ in the press saying he heard about him from Harry Rednapp who had been offered him from PSG.for a short loan spell. Dont think we had him for a full season? We had a pish season that year and my memory is when he came alight for us away to Motherwell and bossed the game. We still lost however. Gifted player though. Last I saw of him was when Gilles Rousett booked him to take the wedding pictures when he renewed his vows at Aberlady church in Gilles last season with Hearts. Good to hear he is back in football.

Jim Bett was a superb player - absolutely superb. His display in 4-2. Over Huns in SC at Tynie was just immense. That Hun side had Gazza, Laudrup, McCall etc and Bett was the best player on the park by miles.

TBH he was one where you knew he was a good player but only realised how good when he came to play for Hearts and you saw him every week.

Thought his reading of the game was way ahead of the rest of the team (bit like Geoprge Best's when he signed for Hibs). Think he was serving out some ban from French FA but was able to play here. Remember JJ in the press saying he heard about him from Harry Rednapp who had been offered him from PSG.for a short loan spell. Dont think we had him for a full season? We had a pish season that year and my memory is when he came alight for us away to Motherwell and bossed the game. We still lost however. Gifted player though. Last I saw of him was when Gilles Rousett booked him to take the wedding pictures when he renewed his vows at Aberlady church in Gilles last season with Hearts. Good to hear he is back in football.

In the end the ban was dismissed after he appealed

Jim Bett was a superb player - absolutely superb. His display in 4-2. Over Huns in SC at Tynie was just immense. That Hun side had Gazza, Laudrup, McCall etc and Bett was the best player on the park by miles.

TBH he was one where you knew he was a good player but only realised how good when he came to play for Hearts and you saw him every week.

I remember he was playing club football in Iceland for some reason before signing for us so I thought he'd lost it. But he hadn't, he really hadn't

queensferryjambo

On a par I'd say with Dave McCreery. Good but just good....for US..and that's what matters to us

Excellent comparison. Both similar type players who done good jobs for the club and were both well liked but with short lived careers with Hearts.

Shame we never got them 5 years earlier in their careers.

A bit like Sauzee but without the decanter :)

Speaking of bans from the French FA whatever happened to Stephan Paille?

According to recent editions of Football Manager he is/was a scout for Real Madrid. Not checked whether this is accurate or not

too early for gazza I think. Was 95. But aye , jim bett was class, him and levein were smokin cigars in that game!

aye, an unexpected poor season after our fine season previous to it.

Bizarre really. We didn't lose any of our key players in pre season and added to it with decent signings inc. Guerin.

It may have been the Celtic game mentioned but I just remember Guerin being outstanding in a rare appearance at Tynie. He seemed to be everywhere and he just oozed class.

too early for gazza I think. Was 95 . But aye , jim bett was class, him and levein were smokin cigars in that game!

Spot on, well remembered. Their team did include Trevor Steven, Stuart McCall, Richard Gough and Brian Laudrup to be fair though.

We were so good, JC was on the bench!

http:// http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199502201.html

aye, an unexpected poor season after our fine season previous to it.

Bizarre really. We didn't lose any of our key players in pre season and added to it with decent signings inc. Guerin.

It may have been the Celtic game mentioned but I just remember Guerin being outstanding in a rare appearance at Tynie. He seemed to be everywhere and he just oozed class.

We always seem to struggle to build on, or even consolidate after a decent season

I'm not too sure about try this but did he not make his debut against Killie at home? I remember him smashing a 30 yard free kick off the underside of the bar and MacSwegan following in from the rebound and missing from a couple of yards out.

You could tell the guy was a class above, shame he was at the end of his career when he came to us.

Also remember Stephane Pailles goal against Dundee at Easter Road in the Coca Cola cup semi final and him winning a bike or some shit with Coca Cola on it for man of the match. I don't know if i dreamt That or not maybe someone can confirm that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

too early for gazza I think. Was 95. But aye , jim bett was class, him and levein were smokin cigars in that game!

Not so in the semi against Airdrie, don't think he played another game. After match car park shenanigans ended all if I remember correctly

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'm not too sure about try this but did he not make his debut against Killie at home? I remember him smashing a 30 yard free kick off the underside of the bar and MacSwegan following in from the rebound and missing from a couple of yards out.

They were two different incidents but may well have been in the same game. McSwegan's miss came from a Stephane Adam cross, he had an open goal from about

a yard & put it wide. Guerin's free kick was a peach, I thought it was in.

Not so in the semi against Airdrie, don't think he played another game. After match car park shenanigans ended all if I remember correctly

aye that airdrie game was a shocker , but Alec McDonald Kent the script, if we'd won that game, the cup was ours- had Celtic in our back pocket that season IIRc, bout the only decent thing from McLean era.

Back on topic, I'm sure guerin was part of the psg team wi weah, ginola blanc etc or am I talkin pish? Anyway what a team!

Back on topic, I'm sure guerin was part of the psg team wi weah, ginola blanc etc or am I talkin pish? Anyway what a team!

Regarding Jim Bett, I have been oblivious to this, what's the story?

Don't recall him making many appearance tbh. Couple of decent games, but nothing groundbreaking or anywhere near the same impact as the other experienced European players we've had (Fysass, Janny, Bruno, Rousset).

still nothin compared to our 06 team :D

Archived