HMSA Meeting Tonight

TurboT

Queen ann is the the guest speaker, should be an interesting night. Really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very briefly: It was a very good meeting where it is clear whole management team, including the board, exec and non-exec are all working together and there is trust and respect between them all. The answers were all very honestly put over and no commitments were made. One thing is clear, that is that we all need to keep providing the support, including financial, to enable the club to progress and be successful. They are in talks with shirt sponsors for next season but emphasised it must be the right sponsor for the club. They will continue to work within the budget.

The Director of football behave unethically and jumped out his seat in the Directors' box when Hearts scored against Hibs :bucktooth:

They are looking at making the club a private company again.

Dealing with the Liths was difficult

Things moving ahead for the service on the 9th. EVERY player will be there.

Ann's favourite meeting of the week is with Robbie on a Friday afternoon.

gary_oh_yeah.gif

Question asked about new signings in January

Response was that although the budget for the season was used, that due to the great response from the fans they could look into this if Robbie/Craig asked although they couldn't guarantee anything.

Asked about her dealings with the SFA, said that she had to go through to Hampden on three separate occasions to get the relevant licenses for Hearts.

Asked about issues obtaining credit due to the previous regime and she said that they were having to use her personal credit card, they did manage to get a company credit card, however, Hearts had to deposit ?10k into a separate bank account to cover the ?10k limit on the card, even though they had ?2m season ticket money in the bank.

The shop being run as a franchise for the next two years was an interesting comment when asked about poor stock etc, and her preference for FoH board elections would be someone with marketing skills to bring to the table also interesting.

The shop being run as a franchise for the next two years was an interesting comment when asked about poor stock etc, and her preference for FoH board elections would be someone with marketing skills to bring to the table also interesting.

So do they have no plans for bringing it fully under the clubs running?

Response was that although the budget for the season was used, that due to the great response from the fans they could look into this if Robbie/Craig asked although they couldn't guarantee anything.

Asked about her dealings with the SFA, said that she had to go through to Hampden on three separate occasions to get the relevant licenses for Hearts.

Asked about issues obtaining credit due to the previous regime and she said that they were having to use her personal credit card, they did manage to get a company credit card, however, Hearts had to deposit ?10k into a separate bank account to cover the ?10k limit on the card, even though they had ?2m season ticket money in the bank.

Interesting re licences. Would be interested to learn a bit more if any further comments were provided.

Apparently under the current rules neither us nor Rangers meet the financial criteria to allow us to be promoted.

We should be fine come the cut off, but Rangers may struggle although the board discretion rule does come in to play.

I'll need to re read the info and post in the mega thread. It was a long, long read that was quite complicated.

They can't do anything until the contract is up - will look at it again nearer the end of the contract

I wonder if it would be cost effective to buy out the contract.

If the club could significantly increase the range and subsequent sales, it might be very worthwhile?

We definately need to increase the range.

Honesty and transparency I am loveing it.

All sounding very positive and a million miles away from what we have put up with in the past.

Neilson's Shank

"They are looking at making the club a private company again."

What's that about?

Probably to save on the costs associated with PLC status

What's that about?

think it means that they wont offer or trade its company (shares) to the general public on the stock market exchange but do it privately,saving thousands of pounds,am sure Vlad did the same thing in the end....I think?

It's a amazing gesture that AB let us use her "own" credit card till we were able to get our own one sorted out. It also gives us an insight in to why we need to pay ?1.4m for two years.

Interesting re licences. Would be interested to learn a bit more if any further comments were provided.

Apparently under the current rules neither us nor Rangers meet the financial criteria to allow us to be promoted.

We should be fine come the cut off, but Rangers may struggle although the board discretion rule does come in to play.

I'll need to re read the info and post in the mega thread. It was a long, long read that was quite complicated.

Based on The Rangers finacial mismanagement over the past couple of years only fools would allow them promotion, I used discretion when describing those in charge as fools.

What's that about?

As mentioned earlier this week in her statement we need to post copies of our accounts to every shareholder by law. If we become a private company shareholders Can access these online. This would save us some cash every year.

A feasibility study is underway for a museum at tynie study should be completed in next fortnight and submitted to the board for approval.

Francis Albert

I thought we were private?

Hearts are a PLC.

What are "the financial criteria for promotion"? Are they spelled out anywhere or is it what the SPFL board say they are?

very briefly: It was a very good meeting where it is clear whole management team, including the board, exec and non-exec are all working together and there is trust and respect between them all. The answers were all very honestly put over and no commitments were made. One thing is clear, that is that we all need to keep providing the support, including financial, to enable the club to progress and be successful. They are in talks with shirt sponsors for next season but emphasised it must be the right sponsor for the club. They will continue to work within the budget.

The Director of football behave unethically and jumped out his seat in the Directors' box when Hearts scored against Hibs :bucktooth:

They are looking at making the club a private company again.

Dealing with the Liths was difficult

Things moving ahead for the service on the 9th. EVERY player will be there.

Reading this gave me such good feels.

:wub:

jambos are go!

A bit bemused that they said there was no interest from any Bookmaker in taking on the betting franchise in the stadium. Thats contrary to what I heard from a Scotbet employee a few weeks ago who said they were in negotiations and hoping to strike a deal imminently. Cant both be right.

In any case why not take it in house for a season as a trial.

Hearts are a PLC.

What are "the financial criteria for promotion"? Are they spelled out anywhere or is it what the SPFL board say they are?

Oh right - I was sure Vlad took us back to private on the basis it would save a couple of hundred ?k a year (and obviously so that he didnt have to make the various disclosures he otherwise would)

Hearts are a PLC.

See Auldheid comment on 30 October at 1.14pm.

I don't think either us or Rangers meet the Gold / Silver standard for finances.

I haven't had time to read again and try and understand - so best of luck FA. If you can save me the time though ;)

It probably should be for the mega thread anyway.

If you haven't come across the blog before it is interesting. You have to try and take out the pro Celtic comments, but there are fans from a few clubs on there and the odd Rangers fan.

My favourite posts are the one's where someone tries to communicate with the SFA Head of Communications, Darryl Broadfoot, ex of the Herald and 'soft' Rangers fan - and when his responses are posted. A Head of Communications department basically telling folk to **** off is a bit of an eye opener.

http://www.tsfm.scot/harper-macleod-and-lns/comment-page-30/#comments

I haven't seen her speaking (yet) but the thing that grabs me is how her comments from last night and in other interviews actually seem to suggest she might be enjoying herself. I remember not being worried as such when she took over, but certainly wondering how a woman from her type of professional background would find the world of football and all the media scrutiny and weirdness that comes with it. I really do hope she is enjoying it, because lord knows the rest of us are enjoying what she's doing.

Plus, she's awfy impressive. :)

I haven't seen her speaking (yet) but the thing that grabs me is how her comments from last night and in other interviews actually seem to suggest she might be enjoying herself. I remember not being worried as such when she took over, but certainly wondering how a woman from her type of professional background would find the world of football and all the media scrutiny and weirdness that comes with it. I really do hope she is enjoying it, because lord knows the rest of us are enjoying what she's doing.

AND she seems right nice

A bit bemused that they said there was no interest from any Bookmaker in taking on the betting franchise in the stadium. Thats contrary to what I heard from a Scotbet employee a few weeks ago who said they were in negotiations and hoping to strike a deal imminently. Cant both be right.

In any case why not take it in house for a season as a trial.

Sorry but that's just silly.

She likes a large glass of sauvignan blanc.

That's good enough for me.

As mentioned earlier this week in her statement we need to post copies of our accounts to every shareholder by law. If we become a private company shareholders Can access these online. This would save us some cash every year.

A feasibility study is underway for a museum at tynie study should be completed in next fortnight and submitted to the board for approval.

Ta - I'd forgotten that

I wonder if it would be cost effective to buy out the contract.

If the club could significantly increase the range and subsequent sales, it might be very worthwhile?

We definately need to increase the range.

THIS!

She is everything, and more, that we didnt have before.

I'm personally in no rush for her to be bought back out....

Id say more like a large smooth glass of Barolo......but I'm with you

She is everything, and more, that we didnt have before.

I'm personally in no rush for her to be bought back out....

Was at Tynie not to long ago for a business shindig and she was a guest speaker and from the way she was speaking seemed like she won't be sticking around.

I'd love her to stay and I was disappointed because after how well things have been going (purely based on off field matters) it seems like the right choice would be asking her to stay but she did give the impression that she won't stay longer, and she doesn't want it to. She was very reluctant to invest in the first place but my god the things she's doing for our club are just amazing. She's getting this club back to where it belongs and then she'll ride off into the sunset with some great memories, which is exactly the way to do it IMO. Although still sceptical that fan ownership is a viable option but we need to make it work.

Oh right - I was sure Vlad took us back to private on the basis it would save a couple of hundred ?k a year (and obviously so that he didnt have to make the various disclosures he otherwise would)

I think itt was more about the cost of Stock Market membership, which is quite expensive,.rather than any change to company status

We ceased to be quoted on the Stock Exchange after VR completed his takeover. However, we are still a PLC. All companies quoted on the Stock Exchange are PLCs but not all PLCs are quoted.

The financial reporting requirements for a private Ltd company are less onerous than those for a PLC, so private Ltd cos save some costs.

AND she seems right nice

She certainly is. She was chatting away to Little Miss Floyd at the family day in the Gorgie Suite in July and came across as a genuinely nice person, taking the time to chat to a 6 year old about football and where she sat in the ground etc, etc and then remembering her name when we were behind her in the queue at the balloon man around 30 minutes later.

Touch of class.

They can't do anything until the contract is up - will look at it again nearer the end of the contract

I would have thought it would have been fairly easy to cancel the contract during the administration process.

Large glass of wine....Oh yes, she sounds like my sort of woman. :)

Francis Albert

See Auldheid comment on 30 October at 1.14pm.

I don't think either us or Rangers meet the Gold / Silver standard for finances.

I haven't had time to read again and try and understand - so best of luck FA. If you can save me the time though ;)

It probably should be for the mega thread anyway.

If you haven't come across the blog before it is interesting. You have to try and take out the pro Celtic comments, but there are fans from a few clubs on there and the odd Rangers fan.

My favourite posts are the one's where someone tries to communicate with the SFA Head of Communications, Darryl Broadfoot, ex of the Herald and 'soft' Rangers fan - and when his responses are posted. A Head of Communications department basically telling folk to **** off is a bit of an eye opener.

http://www.tsfm.scot/harper-macleod-and-lns/comment-page-30/#comments

Thanks for that. A quick read tells me that clubs have to supply financial data by March next year to be licensed for 2015/16. Without (yet!) having read the detailed requirements it is hard to see why we as one of the financially healthier clubs in the country should have a problem. As indeed "Auldheid" acknowledges.

Ann's demeanor, language & presence tell you that she's just loving it.

Last night she spoke very well and the feeling of confidence she gives you is tremendous.

All I ever wanted when the madness of VR's reign was spiraling out of control, was a group of Edinburgh people owning the club & doing their best to run it in a competent way.

The fact that we have this AND success is just amazing.

I felt a large degree of affection in the room last night towards Ann Budge. I'm sure she's aware of just how grateful the fans are to her for saving us.

The reason she gave for looking forward to her next meeting with Robbie was to ask him to explain "where it had all gone wrong" (tactically) against Hibs. He normally gives her a preview of his tactics for the next game at their Friday meetings in some detail. She was joking but obviously has a devilish streak.

The Treasurer

It's a amazing gesture that AB let us use her "own" credit card till we were able to get our own one sorted out. It also gives us an insight in to why we need to pay ?1.4m for two years.

Speaks volumes about her commitment to the club and must surely stop any doubters (if there are still any) about what her intentions are for the club.

As and when all the monies are repaid to her and FoH are in a position to gain control I'd be happy for the current set up to (more or less) remain in place.

The Treasurer

Thanks for that. A quick read tells me that clubs have to supply financial data by March next year to be licensed for 2015/16. Without (yet!) having read the detailed requirements it is hard to see why we as one of the financially healthier clubs in the country should have a problem. As indeed "Auldheid" acknowledges.

You're forgetting "SFA/SPFL discretion" which although obviously there to allow sevco to by-pass any rules would surely be applied to us as well if need be (wouldn't it ???)

I would have thought it would have been fairly easy to cancel the contract during the administration process.

Aye, but the Tynie time machine no longer works, it was one of the last casualties of Romanov's lack of investment in the latter years

Archived